Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I'm going to assume that we should remove the original patch before we install the new one, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I'm going to assume that we should remove the original patch before we install the new one, correct?
    of course
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    One thing... If I'm answering a call and put the phone up to my ear before the active-call card comes up, it won't switch from the back speaker until I do an extra screen state cycle.
    Sorry to go on and on about this, but I think I'm going crazy here! Does anybody else have this issue anymore? I've removed all patches that I think could interfere, but I'm still seeing this.

Now, I've made a bit of progress: It works the first time after a Luna reset. But after that it goes to speaker phone immediately when I answer a call.

That got me thinking, so I tried setting it to front_speaker in the cleanup function. That seems to have worked so far. (When I think about it, I always hang up on speaker phone.)

I'm not sure why this happens though. Does it happen to anyone else, or is it just me?
    Sorry to go on and on about this, but I think I'm going crazy here! Does anybody else have this issue anymore? I've removed all patches that I think could interfere, but I'm still seeing this.

Now, I've made a bit of progress: It works the first time after a Luna reset. But after that it goes to speaker phone immediately when I answer a call.

That got me thinking, so I tried setting it to front_speaker in the cleanup function. That seems to have worked so far. (When I think about it, I always hang up on speaker phone.)

I'm not sure why this happens though. Does it happen to anyone else, or is it just me?
    it happened to me once today...but yesterday it worked flawlessly
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    it happened to me once today...but yesterday it worked flawlessly
    Which version do you use, instant or delay? If my theory is correct, it may be more prone to show up with instant since delay has a 2.25 second window to hangup when you take it from your ear.
    Last edited by frause; 05/03/2010 at 11:22 PM.
    Which version do you use, instant or delay? If my theory is correct, it may be more prone to show up with instant since it has a 2.25 second window to hangup when you take it from your ear.
    I use instant
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Super strong work xanthinealkaloid! This patch just moved up to my top 3 used and loved patches! Works like a champ! Thank You!
    Can I ask which version is everyone using the most. I guess a poll who be a better thing to do but I don't want to start another thread.

Maybe I can change the question to: What are the advantages or disadvantages of using the Instant compared to the Delayed?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I think that would depend on your phone usage. If most of the calls you make are to automated systems (like checking voice mail) then I think delayed would be preferred so that it's not switching when you take the phone away from your ear to punch in system commands.
    If most of your calls are to actually people I think instant would be preferred.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    The patches in post #1 are the initial version I submitted for Preware without the mute switch control…Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of the issue then…It's due to the way I implemented the default audio route.

Since the patches with the mute control will probably become the Preware versions eventually, I'm simply updating those versions with any fixes needed along the way.
    Would you be willing to update the original ones (without mute switch controls)? My mute switch is typically always enabled which means this patch will always be disabled for me.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  11.    #71  
    One thing... If I'm answering a call and put the phone up to my ear before the active-call card comes up, it won't switch from the back speaker until I do an extra screen state cycle.

There was still a slight problem with setting the intial audio route on a new call and when enabling the AutoSpeakerphone…I'm testing something different right now, and I should be posting an update soon.

12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Would you be willing to update the original ones (without mute switch controls)? My mute switch is typically always enabled which means this patch will always be disabled for me.
    I certainly can…Once I get the versions with the mute switch option corrected, I'll apply the same logic to the original version and post them.

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    I certainly can…Once I get the versions with the mute switch option corrected, I'll apply the same logic to the original version and post them.

so hows the update going?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

am i mising something. i have installed twice and cant get it to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by robmiller View Post
    No errors on install? Does your proximity sensor work without the patch? (The screen should go black if you cover the top right corner of the screen while on a call.)

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Love this patch!!
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    so hows the update going?
    It's still coming along…I'm pretty much done with newly reworked patches(all 4 versions), except I'm still having trouble on the incoming calls…I may have to simply institute a front speaker default, but I still have a few more options to try.

18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by robmiller View Post
    It's possible it could be something malfunctioning with the current versions or the patches simply aren't applying the changes when you install.

Please watch for the update which I'm hoping to be ready to post later this afternoon.

If it's not too much trouble could you make a half second or 1 sec delay? instead of a full 2 secs. that way when you go to hang up the phone, you don't hear everyones jabber on the other side................if it helps you can just tell me where to edit it, and i can edit the patch myself. i took a quick look, but didn't know where to find the delay time.

BTW..love the patch!
    I agree with Hernie, I would like a smaller delay. I'm using the instant cause the 2 second is too long but would like to use a slight delay. Great patch and if this is too much don't worry about it, I'll take what I can, thanks.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast