webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] Auto Speakerphone via Proximity Sensor
[Patch] Auto Speakerphone via Proximity Sensor

Old 04/30/2010, 08:17 PM   #21 (permalink)

It did not work when I installed it last night, but after uninstalling/reinstalling today - it's allll good! Love it! I'm using the "Instant" patch...
funktron2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2010, 12:53 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frause View Post
Just a thought: Would it be a good idea to block switching when the ringer switch is set to mute?
I think that's a really good idea.
JamMasterClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2010, 07:41 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Just a thought: Would it be a good idea to block switching when the ringer switch is set to mute?
I'm undecided on this one...There's also the possibility of adding logic to ensure the onscreen button has precedence.

Please don't forget your thanks button. --- Appreciate my efforts? -- Donate?

Various patches I've worked on:
Faster Cards|Emoticons|Shake Reload|Default Call Log|Call Log Styling|Msg Count|New Events|DM Media Vol|Megamix+MediaVol|3G icon|Gmaps fullscreen|Msg Greeting/Sig|Send Img Msg|No Ans Tstone|Dpad on Call|Vid Delete Btns|AutoSpeaker via ProxSensor
xanthinealkaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2010, 07:46 PM   #24 (permalink)

I like the idea because if I'm at the library or something and I have the ringer switch off I don't want the phone accidentally going to speaker.
Old 05/01/2010, 08:19 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
I like the idea because if I'm at the library or something and I have the ringer switch off I don't want the phone accidentally going to speaker.
You've provided a good explanation.

I'm going to submit the current versions for Preware now though.

The ringer switch should be doable, but I'm going to need some time to put it together...I'll submit it as an update when it's ready.

Faster Cards|Emoticons|Shake Reload|Default Call Log|Call Log Styling|Msg Count|New Events|DM Media Vol|Megamix+MediaVol|3G icon|Gmaps fullscreen|Msg Greeting/Sig|Send Img Msg|No Ans Tstone|Dpad on Call|Vid Delete Btns|AutoSpeaker via ProxSensor
Old 05/01/2010, 08:20 PM   #26 (permalink)

awesome, you've done great work...many tthanks!
Old 05/02/2010, 06:04 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Something like that was my thought as well, I just hadn't finished it.

OTOH, I like the idea of having the on-screen button have precedence, but then you'd probably have to add some kind of "auto" setting.
frause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/2010, 06:13 AM   #28 (permalink)

A really nice idea!
How about using the onscreen button to enable/disable the whole patch?
If speaker is "on", it works proximity-based - if the speaker is "off", it is frontpiece only.
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/2010, 09:22 AM   #29 (permalink)

IMO, the on-screen button should have precidance over everything. If the on-screen button isn't pressed the pathch should be always on, unless the ringer is switched off.
Old 05/02/2010, 10:47 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
IMO, the on-screen button should have precidance over everything. If the on-screen button isn't pressed the pathch should be always on, unless the ringer is switched off.
I'm not so fond of one time settings you can't reverse (I'm looking at you, Palm - first created profile ever app catalog.), hence the "auto"-setting suggestion.
Old 05/02/2010, 01:10 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Here are versions which incorporate the mute switch as a means to enable or disable the AutoSpeakerphone.

Points of Interest
  • When the call is initiated and the mute switch is off, the AutoSpeakerphone will be enabled, as usual, with the default audio route set to the current screen state.
  • When the call is initiated and the mute switch is on, the AutoSpeakerphone will be disabled with the audio routed to the front speaker.
  • If the mute switch is turned off during a call, the audio route will be set to the current screen state and the AutoSpeakerphone will be enabled.
  • If the mute switch is turned on during a call, the audio route will be change to the front speaker and the AutoSpeakerphone will be disabled.
  • In all cases, the speakerphone button will function as default.
  • BT/headset compatible.

For those interested, please give it a try and report any anomalies.

EDIT: Please see post# 55 for the most current patch files for both versions.

Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 05/03/2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05/02/2010, 01:31 PM   #32 (permalink)

One thing... If I'm answering a call and put the phone up to my ear before the active-call card comes up, it won't switch from the back speaker until I do an extra screen state cycle.

I've solved this temporarily by defaulting to the front speaker instead of the back speaker. (You are normally not able to answer to speaker phone anyway, so it works for me.)

Gonna test the ringer switch variant now. Thank you muchly!!!

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
Old 05/02/2010, 02:31 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
Here are versions which incorporate the mute switch as a means to enable or disable the AutoSpeakerphone.

Points of Interest
  • When the call is initiated and the mute switch is off, the AutoSpeakerphone will be enabled, as usual.
  • When the call is initiated and the mute switch is on, the AutoSpeakerphone will be disabled.
  • If the mute switch is turned on during a call, the audio route will be change to the front speaker and the AutoSpeakerphone will be disabled.
  • If the mute switch is turned off during a call, the audio route will be change to the back speaker and the AutoSpeakerphone will be enabled.
  • In all cases, the speakerphone button will function as default.

For those interested, please give it a try and report any anomalies.

Is it still bluetooth compatible?

Browser Mega Mix|Email Mega Mix|Additional Sync Days|
Disable Various Phone Sounds|Priority Discard Buttons|
mamouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/2010, 02:40 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
Is it still bluetooth compatible?
Actually, it's good you mention the issue because it's quite possible the add'l logic for the ringer switch may interfere, so I'll take a second look right now.

Old 05/02/2010, 03:01 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Actually, it's good you mention the issue because it's quite possible the add'l logic for the ringer switch may interfere, so I'll take a second look right now.

There is a problem with answering to bluetooth (and I suspect wired headset too). As soon as you answer it will switch to back_speaker.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
Old 05/02/2010, 03:18 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
I've solved this temporarily by defaulting to the front speaker instead of the back speaker. (You are normally not able to answer to speaker phone anyway, so it works for me.)
Quote:
There is a problem with answering to bluetooth (and I suspect wired headset too). As soon as you answer it will switch to back_speaker.
I believe I have both of these issues resolved...I'll post new versions shortly.

Old 05/02/2010, 05:11 PM   #37 (permalink)

OK...I've reposted the file in post #55.

All known issues should be resolved, so please give them a try a let me know how they work.

Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 05/03/2010 at 10:14 AM.
Thanked By: unseenme
Old 05/02/2010, 08:46 PM   #38 (permalink)

OMFG...this patch is awesome!!! xan-err...however you say your name...you are my new freaking hero!! this is my new favorite patch!! unbelievable!!

btw...it works perfectly...the instant patch...
Old 05/02/2010, 08:52 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
OK...I've reposted the file in post #31.

All known issues should be resolved, so please give them a try a let me know how they work.

It works great. nice job.
Justinan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/2010, 09:02 PM   #40 (permalink)

latest update works great with bluetooth it switches perfect

Browser Mega Mix|Email Mega Mix|Additional Sync Days|
Disable Various Phone Sounds|Priority Discard Buttons|
mamouton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
patch

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0