Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 199
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #21  
    It did not work when I installed it last night, but after uninstalling/reinstalling today - it's allll good! Love it! I'm using the "Instant" patch...
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Just a thought: Would it be a good idea to block switching when the ringer switch is set to mute?
    I think that's a really good idea.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Just a thought: Would it be a good idea to block switching when the ringer switch is set to mute?
    I'm undecided on this one...There's also the possibility of adding logic to ensure the onscreen button has precedence.

    .
  4. #24  
    I like the idea because if I'm at the library or something and I have the ringer switch off I don't want the phone accidentally going to speaker.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    I like the idea because if I'm at the library or something and I have the ringer switch off I don't want the phone accidentally going to speaker.
    You've provided a good explanation.

    I'm going to submit the current versions for Preware now though.

    The ringer switch should be doable, but I'm going to need some time to put it together...I'll submit it as an update when it's ready.

    .
  6. #26  
    awesome, you've done great work...many tthanks!
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    I like the idea because if I'm at the library or something and I have the ringer switch off I don't want the phone accidentally going to speaker.
    Something like that was my thought as well, I just hadn't finished it.

    OTOH, I like the idea of having the on-screen button have precedence, but then you'd probably have to add some kind of "auto" setting.
  8. #28  
    A really nice idea!
    How about using the onscreen button to enable/disable the whole patch?
    If speaker is "on", it works proximity-based - if the speaker is "off", it is frontpiece only.
  9. #29  
    IMO, the on-screen button should have precidance over everything. If the on-screen button isn't pressed the pathch should be always on, unless the ringer is switched off.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    IMO, the on-screen button should have precidance over everything. If the on-screen button isn't pressed the pathch should be always on, unless the ringer is switched off.
    I'm not so fond of one time settings you can't reverse (I'm looking at you, Palm - first created profile ever app catalog.), hence the "auto"-setting suggestion.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Just a thought: Would it be a good idea to block switching when the ringer switch is set to mute?
    Here are versions which incorporate the mute switch as a means to enable or disable the AutoSpeakerphone.

    Points of Interest

    • When the call is initiated and the mute switch is off, the AutoSpeakerphone will be enabled, as usual, with the default audio route set to the current screen state.
    • When the call is initiated and the mute switch is on, the AutoSpeakerphone will be disabled with the audio routed to the front speaker.
    • If the mute switch is turned off during a call, the audio route will be set to the current screen state and the AutoSpeakerphone will be enabled.
    • If the mute switch is turned on during a call, the audio route will be change to the front speaker and the AutoSpeakerphone will be disabled.
    • In all cases, the speakerphone button will function as default.
    • BT/headset compatible.


    For those interested, please give it a try and report any anomalies.

    EDIT: Please see post# 55 for the most current patch files for both versions.

    .
  12. #32  
    One thing... If I'm answering a call and put the phone up to my ear before the active-call card comes up, it won't switch from the back speaker until I do an extra screen state cycle.

    I've solved this temporarily by defaulting to the front speaker instead of the back speaker. (You are normally not able to answer to speaker phone anyway, so it works for me.)

    Gonna test the ringer switch variant now. Thank you muchly!!!

    Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

    WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Here are versions which incorporate the mute switch as a means to enable or disable the AutoSpeakerphone.

    Points of Interest

    • When the call is initiated and the mute switch is off, the AutoSpeakerphone will be enabled, as usual.
    • When the call is initiated and the mute switch is on, the AutoSpeakerphone will be disabled.
    • If the mute switch is turned on during a call, the audio route will be change to the front speaker and the AutoSpeakerphone will be disabled.
    • If the mute switch is turned off during a call, the audio route will be change to the back speaker and the AutoSpeakerphone will be enabled.
    • In all cases, the speakerphone button will function as default.


    For those interested, please give it a try and report any anomalies.

    .
    Is it still bluetooth compatible?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Is it still bluetooth compatible?
    Actually, it's good you mention the issue because it's quite possible the add'l logic for the ringer switch may interfere, so I'll take a second look right now.

    .
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Actually, it's good you mention the issue because it's quite possible the add'l logic for the ringer switch may interfere, so I'll take a second look right now.

    .
    There is a problem with answering to bluetooth (and I suspect wired headset too). As soon as you answer it will switch to back_speaker.

    Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

    WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    ...
    I've solved this temporarily by defaulting to the front speaker instead of the back speaker. (You are normally not able to answer to speaker phone anyway, so it works for me.)
    ...
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    There is a problem with answering to bluetooth (and I suspect wired headset too). As soon as you answer it will switch to back_speaker.
    I believe I have both of these issues resolved...I'll post new versions shortly.

    .
  17.    #37  
    OK...I've reposted the file in post #55.

    All known issues should be resolved, so please give them a try a let me know how they work.

    .
  18. #38  
    OMFG...this patch is awesome!!! xan-err...however you say your name...you are my new freaking hero!! this is my new favorite patch!! unbelievable!!

    btw...it works perfectly...the instant patch...
    "I can't believe how cool this phone is..." (every iPhone user that has seen it )
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    OK...I've reposted the file in post #31.

    All known issues should be resolved, so please give them a try a let me know how they work.

    .
    It works great. nice job.
  20. #40  
    latest update works great with bluetooth it switches perfect
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions