Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
Like Tree2Likes
    Any change in status on the Preware update? Is it just me or has the patch approvals been really slow the last few weeks?
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Any change in status on the Preware update? Is it just me or has the patch approvals been really slow the last few weeks?
    Bump
    Bump, I still don't see where the updates ever made it into Preware.
    Yes, I'd love to see the "mute switch" versions in Preware if possible. I'm using change-audio-with-prox-sensor-delayed-mute-v2.patch which had to be installed via WebOSQuickInstall, so I removed it prior to the 1.4.5 webOS update, just to be safe. Reinstalled afterward, and it's working great with 1.4.5.
    I've had instant installed, but it all ways starts on speakerphone, even wen on my ear. Have to wave it around and back to my face to get it off speaker. Should this just be off speaker by default, then if proximity doesn't sense you, then it goes 2 speaker?
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I'm on a sprint pre running 1.4.5 and the 2 second version. I have the same problem with it always starting in speaker mode, and it appears incompatible with wired headsets.
    I am trying to remove this patch but can not find it on my phone with preware or WOSQI. I even did EPR but it still exists. I can't "re-install" patch and instead get hunk errors. Any other way to get rid of w/o the doctor?

thanks
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    I installed the Delayed with Mute v2 from post#133 this morning. No issues, worked superbly. I also tested with my Voyager Pro BT- worked fine. With mute switch turned off, the call rang the phone while chirping my BT headset. I actiovated the call using my BT headset just fine. With Mute Switch turned on, the phone did not ring through the speaker as it just chirped through my BT headset. Again worked fine.

I tested with my wired headset that came with my VZ Pre+. Similar as above with my BT headset. All incoming calls rang through the phone and worked fine through the wired headset. If you want privacy, you need to turn the mute switch on and then the incoming call did not ring through the phone but rather just a gentle rumblling sound heard through the wired headset when receiving a call. The only issue that I observed when using a wired headset with mute switch turned off was the extremely high volume ringing that came through both the phone and the wired headset when phone was ringing. Of course, I also have the patch which increased the back speaker and headset for media and calls which definitely was an eye opener when a call came in. I just have to remember to turn the volume down if using a wired headset.

I did not try using the Preware version as I simply used the WOSQI after downloading directly from post#133. I believe the 2 second transition delay is perfect for me since I tend to move my phone slightly back and forth when using the front speaker/headset mode. The 2 second delay eliminates the transition to back speaker or speakerphone mode during these times. When I move the phone away from my ear, the 2 second transition worked perfectly and switched over to speakerphone and vice versa.

I would agree that next revision should have some method to over ride the screen state being on constantly if using the speakerphone since this may drain the battery down prematurely during long calls using speakerphone.

Great patch and many thanks to xanthinealkaloid.

Jon
    Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm M505 -> Palm Tungsten T5 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Plus (All running InfoSelect)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointy View Post
    I totally agree with you. Author of this patch, please hear this. EVERY call I make starts out on headset and I have to pull the phone away, then put it back to get it to go through the earpiece(?). dont know what its called.

I really wish there was a 5 sec delay to where it would automatically go to earpiece for the first 5 sec no matter what, then if I take it away from my head it will go to speaker.

Also, thanks. The idea of this patch is great. Very useful if you can tweak it.
    Strange, I don't have that problem although I am running the 2 sec delay version. I tried few times and could not duplicate your issue. If I make a call and switch my phone to my ear, it never goes into the speaker mode.

Jon
    Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm M505 -> Palm Tungsten T5 -> Palm Treo 600 -> Palm Treo 650 -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Plus (All running InfoSelect)
    Thanks i test in palm pre gsm webos2.0 hack by miltonmiguel anda Work Fine!!!
    testing/resubmitting for 2.1? This is one of my fav patches
    Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts. - Sign on Einstein's office door
    Test in frankenpre GSM 2.1. Work..
    Anybody know the update status for this patch and WebOS 2.1?
    Is it available for 2.2.4 ? I used to have this patch on old PIXI Plus.
    Any update on it. I dont find it anywhere on Preware.
    I also want this patch for 2.1, is it possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by bero View Post
    I also want this patch for 2.1, is it possible?
    Its already there for 2.1, the advanced patch that says phone. Although it works a little differently, staring on front speaker instead of speaker phone
    Quote Originally Posted by nick86 View Post
    Is it available for 2.2.4 ? I used to have this patch on old PIXI Plus.
    Any update on it. I dont find it anywhere on Preware.
    Seconding this.
    This is for those who like auto speaker via proximity sensor but also want it to start on back speaker like the original patch for this thread. It should be installed after Advanced System Prefs Phone patch (and uninstalled before)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Preemptive likes this.
    Here is an update to the proximity patch for 2.4.,,, What it does is make it so that audio does not switch to back speaker when connected to bluetooth. Uninstall patch in previous post first
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Preemptive likes this.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910