Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 118
  1.    #1  
    ****THIS IS NOT THE PATCH IN PREWARE!!! SOMEONE ELSE SUBMITTED THAT PATCH. PLEASE EMAIL THE DEVELOPER WITH THE LINK IN PREWARE FOR QUESTIONS****

    For more information about why this particular patch is not in Preware. Please see here and here.



    ***Update*** I have updated the patch to work with 1.4.5 and added another patch to search the mobile IMDb site. You place the image in the same location and follow the same installation instructions as before.

    This is a patch that adds IMDb to universal search. I use this quite a bit wondering if people are in certain movies or what year movies were made or any other information about movies. I find the first entry when you google is normally IMDb anyway so this patch just eliminates one step of googling it and then going to the IMDb website.

    To install, follow the following steps.

    • Download both the patch file and .png file and save them in a location you can remember
    • Put phone into developer mode
    • Plug phone into computer and ensure novacom is running
    • Open WebOSQuickInstall
    • Go to Tools>Send File
    • Browse to location to where you saved the search-imdb.png file
    • Make the destination folder the following
      Code:
      /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/
    • Click send to device
    • Click the green plus sign
    • Browse to the location where you saved the patch
    • Click install


    That is it. Your phone should reset and you should be able utilize IMDb with universal search. Hopefully this patch is as useful as it has been for me.

    Here is a screenshot.

    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bpdamas; 08/16/2010 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Update
  2. #2  
    Edit -- I have it working now, I didn't download the image properly. I love this patch! One suggestion, any way to make it so the lines for each button line up correctly?

    Here is an example of what I mean.

    Last edited by squeezy; 04/27/2010 at 08:30 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    I have the Dictionary and Thesaurus patch installed, so I am not sure if it is interfeering, but this is what it looks like for me after I installed this patch.

    [IMG]

    The button takes me to the correct IMDb search page, though.

    If there is a way to make the two patches play together I would be forever grateful.
    If you provide me links to the other patches I can take a look at it.
  4. #4  
    I edited my post while you posted, I have it working now, it was an error on my part. However there is a cosmetic concern I have addressed above. Not important at all considering it does everything it needs to do already.
  5. #5  
    You can also use the "Universal Search Command Line" patch ( http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2004447 ) to install the imdb and a WHOLE lot more.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

    Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

    Like any of my work:
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    Edit -- I have it working now, I didn't download the image properly. I love this patch! One suggestion, any way to make it so the lines for each button line up correctly?

    Here is an example of what I mean.

    Mine does not look like that but it looks like it is conflicting with the other patches. I will try and take a look at it if you provide links. Thanks.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    You can also use the "Universal Search Command Line" patch ( http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2004447 ) to install the imdb and a WHOLE lot more.
    Good to know. This looks like way more than what I need but I am sure this will help out some that see this thread.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    Edit -- I have it working now, I didn't download the image properly. I love this patch! One suggestion, any way to make it so the lines for each button line up correctly?

    Here is an example of what I mean.

    This may be kind of off topic, but what theme are you using for your 3G, battery, and bars in the top right? Looks way cooler than the stock ones I'm using.

    Thanks!
  9. #9  
    here is a link to the other patch I'm using

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...al-search.html

    Jahooba, it's called copyandpasteanddelete.
  10. BBerry.'s Avatar
    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    #10  
    <3 This is amazing.
    Welcome to our world, we are the wasted youth, and we are the future too.
    http://diegoeatspandas.tumblr.com/ <--Tumblr<3 Follow.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    here is a link to the other patch I'm using

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...al-search.html

    Jahooba, it's called copyandpasteanddelete.
    It is fixable but I am really busy today so I don't know if I can get to it until tomorrow. I will keep you updated.
  12.    #12  
    I wasn't able to get to it but hopefully can this weekend. I would say I can post it on Saturday.
  13. #13  
    Awesome! Thanks!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    here is a link to the other patch I'm using

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...al-search.html

    Jahooba, it's called copyandpasteanddelete.
    Here is another patch that hopefully is what you are looking for. Uninstall the current patch you have and re-install this patch. Let me know if it doesn't work for some reason.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  15. #15  
    tried to install it. Set image fine but when I tried to install patch I got an error:

    an error occurred when trying to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh
    2 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- wee webos.patches.log for more details

    Is this because I have the patch installed already for Bing/Yahoo? Wht went wrong? How can i install this properly?

    Also is this in preware yet?

    Thanks
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    tried to install it. Set image fine but when I tried to install patch I got an error:

    an error occurred when trying to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh
    2 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- wee webos.patches.log for more details

    Is this because I have the patch installed already for Bing/Yahoo? Wht went wrong? How can i install this properly?

    Also is this in preware yet?

    Thanks
    Yes. It is because you have the patch to add bing and yahoo. You will need to remove this patch for the other to work.

    Also, it is not in preware yet because I don't think you can add images with patches which is what this requires.
  17. #17  
    Wow. You produced the dict+thes+twitter patch really fast. I am impressed. Thank you. But what I am really looking for is a pach that includes all the standard items (Google/Google Maps/Wikipedia/Twitter) and also Bing, Yahoo, IMDB, dict, thes all in one. IS that crazy? It would be so useful. Its a shame that only one of these patches can be added at a time.

    Would you be willing to create such a "Super-Universal Search Patch"?

    The other patch you mentioned requires you to type in command line type stuff to use, like .dict etc... I don't like that. I want something that looks and works just like universal search but with all the options.

    If you were willling to create such patch that would be amazing.

    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    Wow. You produced the dict+thes+twitter patch really fast. I am impressed. Thank you. But what I am really looking for is a pach that includes all the standard items (Google/Google Maps/Wikipedia/Twitter) and also Bing, Yahoo, IMDB, dict, thes all in one. IS that crazy? It would be so useful. Its a shame that only one of these patches can be added at a time.

    Would you be willing to create such a "Super-Universal Search Patch"?

    The other patch you mentioned requires you to type in command line type stuff to use, like .dict etc... I don't like that. I want something that looks and works just like universal search but with all the options.

    If you were willling to create such patch that would be amazing.

    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    I should be able to create that patch no problem. I probably won't be able to get it until tomorrow but I can make you one that is exactly like you need.
  19. #19  
    fwiw...I've been working on a patch to provide a number of search engine options to include the defaults as well as most of what's on the WebOS Internals wiki page which will allow the user to enable/disable/reorder the options as the wish.

    I'm fairly close to being done...I just keep getting sidetracked.

    .
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    fwiw...I've been working on a patch to provide a number of search engine options to include the defaults as well as most of what's on the WebOS Internals wiki page which will allow the user to enable/disable/reorder the options as the wish.

    I'm fairly close to being done...I just keep getting sidetracked.

    .
    Jackpot. Thanks for your continued development work. In the meantime, I may create this one more. Good job though and can't wait to see the final product.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions