Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Nope, doesn't do it. Maybe the conflict is somewhere else... The only other Uni Search is the one to only text mobile-tagged numbers
    Eh works fine for me, you luna restarted between every install and uninstall?

Did you install the remove twitter patch from a .patch file or from Preware? The IMDB patch I installed with a modified .patch file using Internalz, then used Preware today to install the twitter removal patch (ipkg)

Sorry I forgot to mention that this morning.
  2.    #102  
    Nope, doesn't do it. Maybe the conflict is somewhere else... The only other Uni Search is the one to only text mobile-tagged numbers
    Is this what you are looking for? There is one patch that adds mobile IMDb and one that adds regular IMDb. They both remove Twitter. Check it out and see if it works and is what you want.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Is this what you are looking for? There is one patch that adds mobile IMDb and one that adds regular IMDb. They both remove Twitter. Check it out and see if it works and is what you want.
    Wow, sweet. This is how it looks:

Can you move IMDB down one spot?
  4.    #104  
    Wow, sweet. This is how it looks:

Can you move IMDB down one spot?
    IMDb is moved down one spot below google maps in this patch. This also still removes twitter. Also, it looks like you don't have the image sent to the correct directory location. Follow the steps in the first post to do so. Otherwise, let me know if there are any other issues.
    Add IMDb to Universal Search Patch
    If you enjoy my work or help I have given, feel free to donate. Thanks.

5. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    You did it! Absolutely awesome. Thanks!
    Oh no! I realized last night that Dictionary & Thesaurus are gone! I'm sure you're getting sick of customizing this patch for everyone, but could you add the mobile Dictionary and Thesaurus back to the patch that adds mobile IMDb, Bing, and Yahoo? I don't care if Twitter is there or not. I don't use it, but it doesn't bother me to have it there if others want it.

Thanks.
  6.    #106  
    Oh no! I realized last night that Dictionary & Thesaurus are gone! I'm sure you're getting sick of customizing this patch for everyone, but could you add the mobile Dictionary and Thesaurus back to the patch that adds mobile IMDb, Bing, and Yahoo? I don't care if Twitter is there or not. I don't use it, but it doesn't bother me to have it there if others want it.

Thanks.
    Here are two superpatches that have everything updated to 1.4.5 and for mobile websites. One has twitter and one does not have twitter. Let me know if these don't work for some reason.

7. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Will these work on 1.4.1.1?
    GHT, should work, I don't believe there was anything changed in universal search for 1.4.5. I didn't have a problem with the previous patch I was running when I updated....
  9. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    The one that does not remove Twitter does work on Verizon 1.4.1.1. (Not sure on the other, but no reason to believe it would not work, as well.)

Absolutely fantastic patch.
    Last edited by GHT; 08/19/2010 at 03:18 PM.
    FYI-I uninstalled my imdb mobile patch and my dict+thes-twitter patch, luna reboot, then tried to install mobile superpatch -twitter. Showed to install but did not show up on my phone. Uninstalled and tried to install again-same thing. Reinstalled imdb mobile and dict+thes-twitter patches and they installed perfectly. Not sure why.
    Sprint 1.4.5
    Last edited by firemandave; 08/19/2010 at 01:32 PM. Reason: More info
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by firemandave View Post
    FYI-I uninstalled my imdb mobile patch and my dict+thes-twitter patch, luna reboot, then tried to install mobile superpatch -twitter. Showed to install but did not show up on my phone. Uninstalled and tried to install again-same thing. Reinstalled imdb mobile and dict+thes-twitter patches and they installed perfectly. Not sure why.
    Sprint 1.4.5
    It sounds like something is not uninstalling correctly. I would uninstall both patches and then use WebOSRepair Utility and restore the specific "global-search-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$; $file$. $You$ $need$ $the$ $entire$ $file$ $extension$ $as$ $it$ $is$ $listed$ $inside$ $of$ $the$ $ROM$. $I$ $have$ $listed$ $it$ $below$:

Code:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs
    Basically, open up the WebOSRepair Utility, click on tools, then restore specific file, and then copy and paste the above into the box. After you restore this file, the patch you want should work.
    Last edited by bpdamas; 08/19/2010 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks. It took me a while to get the IMDB, Dictionary, and Thesaurus labels installed so they would show up. I wouldn't mind having the superpatch, but I don't want to have to reinstall the labels. I have Utility Repair, but never used it. Only had to Dr once. think I'll stay put for now.
  13. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Did you uninstall your previous patch with Internalz or Preware? I used Preware, as I had an issue last time trying to uninstall with Internalz. (It's absolutely awesome to be able to install with InternalZ, though)
    Used webosqi for everything this time. Never had a problem before. I'm sure it has to do with installing the labels.
  15. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Used webosqi for everything this time. Never had a problem before. I'm sure it has to do with installing the labels.
    Installing the labels should have nothing to do with whether the patch works or not, only whether the images show up in your universal search menu.
  16.    #116  
    Thanks. It took me a while to get the IMDB, Dictionary, and Thesaurus labels installed so they would show up. I wouldn't mind having the superpatch, but I don't want to have to reinstall the labels. I have Utility Repair, but never used it. Only had to Dr once. think I'll stay put for now.
    Installing the labels should have nothing to do with whether the patch works or not, only whether the images show up in your universal search menu.
    Correct. If you have the labels installed on your phone now, uninstalling the patches will not affect the labels. They are still there. All you would need to do is install the patch you want and it will find the correct labels.

The Add IMDB patch in Preware has an issue with the image, I've had some contact with Rod and he is going to take a look at it. Should be fixed soon.
    My patches:

All my patches are available in Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by lexb View Post
    The Add IMDB patch in Preware has an issue with the image, I've had some contact with Rod and he is going to take a look at it. Should be fixed soon.
    The Patch in Preware is fixed, it installs the image. Go get it while it's hot!

And please note, this is not the patch from the TS, his version is not in Preware.
    Last edited by lexb; 08/26/2010 at 02:57 AM.
    My patches:

All my patches are available in Preware.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456