Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Any chance this patch can work with mobile versions of Bing and Yahoo?
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Any chance this patch can work with mobile versions of Bing and Yahoo?
    Are you just asking if I can modify this patch to change the search functions for bing and yahoo to their mobile counterparts or are there patches that add bing and yahoo mobile searches to universal search that you want this patch to play nice with? Either is possible so let me know which one you would like.
  3. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Just modify for mobile Bing and mobile Yahoo.
    Awesome-installed the mobile IMDB patch, and the dict+thes-twitter patch along with the image files. Perfect! Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmNSH View Post
    Great patch, but I went ahead and modified it for two reasons.

1. Changed to mobile IMDB website.
    2. Put IMDB search under Google Maps so it stays in alphabetical order.
    Great! Can you post your modified patch? I assume your modification allows this patch to play nice with the patch to add Yahoo and Bing to universal search.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Here is your super patch that adds bing, yahoo, imdb, dictionary, and thesaurus to universal search.
    Could you please update this patch to work with 1.4.5 and also edit it to make the search use the mobile IMDb site. Also, if Yahoo and Bing also could use the mobile version of the sites, it would be great.

Thanks a ton.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmNSH View Post
    2. Put IMDB search under Google Maps so it stays in alphabetical order.
    Could you share how to change the 'order' of the icons?
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Could you please update this patch to work with 1.4.5 and also edit it to make the search use the mobile IMDb site. Also, if Yahoo and Bing also could use the mobile version of the sites, it would be great.

Thanks a ton.
    I can update the superpatch to work but am having problems with some of the mobile sites. I am working on getting the mobile versions of Bing and Yahoo. I have Yahoo working but Bing is giving me some trouble and I haven't successfully been able to get it to work. It goes to the not so good version and it doesn't look like it has been optimized for mobile. Kind of strange. Do you just want the superpatch with mobile imdb, mobile yahoo, and regular bing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Could you share how to change the 'order' of the icons?
    What order would you like them in? It is pretty flexible and relatively easy to change. Do you have any familiarity with editing the .jsjsjs $files$ $in$ $Notepad$ $or$ $something$ $like$ $that$?
    Last edited by bpdamas; 08/17/2010 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Further Clarification
  9. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Try this Bing url:

"http://m.bing.com/search/?a=results&q="

it works when entered directly, but haven't been able to test with Univ Search.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I want to use this patch, but it conflicts with the remove Twitter patch
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I want to use this patch, but it conflicts with the remove Twitter patch
    remove the remove twitter patch, luna restart, add the IMDB patch, luna restart, then add back in the remove twitter patch

seeing your post reminded me I wanted to add back in the remove twitter patch, already had the IMDB up from a few days ago, added the remove twitter patch just now, rebooted and I'm good to go.
  12.    #92  
    Try this Bing url:

"http://m.bing.com/search/?a=results&q="

it works when entered directly, but haven't been able to test with Univ Search.
    I have tried this and it looks like it is working better but I am unsure if it is how it is supposed to be.

Someone can try it out if they like. Let me know if this works for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    is it possible to install this imdb patch using the "install package" feature in Preware? I've already moved a copy of the .png file to where it's supposed to be using internalz, but don't have access to Quick Install here at work to be able to actually install the patch itself.
    personally I used internalz to install the patch
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    OSVWL......How did you do that? I have yet to do a package installation using a URL in either Preware or Internalz....what do I need to do?
  16. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tjdalton View Post
    OSVWL......How did you do that? I have yet to do a package installation using a URL in either Preware or Internalz....what do I need to do?
    Use the forum to email the patch to yourself. When you open the attachment, Internalz will recognize it and ask if you want to install. No url needed. Preware doesn't install bare patches that I'm aware of, just ipkg.
  17. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I have tried this and it looks like it is working better but I am unsure if it is how it is supposed to be.

Someone can try it out if they like. Let me know if this works for you.
    You did it! Absolutely awesome. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    remove the remove twitter patch, luna restart, add the IMDB patch, luna restart, then add back in the remove twitter patch

seeing your post reminded me I wanted to add back in the remove twitter patch, already had the IMDB up from a few days ago, added the remove twitter patch just now, rebooted and I'm good to go.
    Nope, doesn't do it. Maybe the conflict is somewhere else... The only other Uni Search is the one to only text mobile-tagged numbers
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Use the forum to email the patch to yourself. When you open the attachment, Internalz will recognize it and ask if you want to install. No url needed. Preware doesn't install bare patches that I'm aware of, just ipkg.
    Thanks GHT it worked perfectly.
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Nope, doesn't do it. Maybe the conflict is somewhere else... The only other Uni Search is the one to only text mobile-tagged numbers
    I can create a custom patch that adds IMDb and removes twitter. I can do it for both the mobile IMDb and regular. Hang tight.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast