Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by c514r View Post
    bpdamas:

I just installed your patch, and the search works fine. However, the IMDB image didn't show up. I followed your directions precisely, and it said the .png transferred successfully, but the image is not there, just a blank space in its place. Could you tell me how I could delete the .png from my phone using wosqi?
    Did you make sure to copy and paste the location of the images exactly when you choose send file through WOSQI? I know I have made the mistake before of not getting the location exactly right so that would be the first thing I would check.

Also, do you have any other patches that might be interfering with this patch? Specifically ones that affect the universal search.

Next, to delete the image, the easiest thing would be to first make sure it is there or what directory the image was sent to. I would recommend downloading and installing internalz to navigate to the file location you think it should be in. Here is a link for that program. http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...z-1-0-1-a.html You should be able to install it through Preware or WOSQI. Browse to the file location you think it is in and see if it is actually in the correct location. Let me know what you find out.

The next step would be to delete it through WOSQI by using the delete file option. If you need more help, let me know.
    Ok, so I downloaded Internalz (thank you for the suggestion), and I navigated to where I put the image. The image is in the correct location:

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/IMDB

However, it seems as if the file I put there isn't a .png file? I noticed that the file names for images in this directory that are used for Google, Twitter, etc. end with .png, but the IMDB file I transferred does not. I attached a screenshot I took of the file in Internalz, and it is definitely not a .png file.

Also, I used wosqi and deleted the file, and it removed the blank space that was previously shown. So, I'm guessing somehow the file I transferred in just wasn't a .png file which caused the blank space to show. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by c514r; 07/07/2010 at 11:57 AM.
    Problem solved! I must've just sent the wrong file, so I downloaded the image again and resent it and now it shows up perfect. Thanks for your help.

I do have another question though. When I told you in my last post I deleted the first image I sent through WOSQI, the image deleted fine, and the blank space disappeared from the Universal Search. However, when I navigate to the file path using Internalz, the file still shows up. I tried a second time to delete it and Internalz still shows it being there. I'm not sure why, and it doesn't seem to affect anything, but I was just wondering if you knew why the file didn't delete from the directory?

And one final question. Since the 1.4.5 update is about to launch, do you know if I need to delete this patch as well as the image before I update? Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I think I'm in love... with a patch!!

Thanks so much!
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by c514r View Post
    Problem solved! I must've just sent the wrong file, so I downloaded the image again and resent it and now it shows up perfect. Thanks for your help.

I do have another question though. When I told you in my last post I deleted the first image I sent through WOSQI, the image deleted fine, and the blank space disappeared from the Universal Search. However, when I navigate to the file path using Internalz, the file still shows up. I tried a second time to delete it and Internalz still shows it being there. I'm not sure why, and it doesn't seem to affect anything, but I was just wondering if you knew why the file didn't delete from the directory?

And one final question. Since the 1.4.5 update is about to launch, do you know if I need to delete this patch as well as the image before I update? Thanks again!
    It might not be shown as deleted from the directory because the file index could still see it as being there even though the file is deleted. Go into Preware, click on the dropdown menu and click on Luna Manager. There should be an option that says rescan. Perform a rescan and see if that helps.

Also, you do not need to remove the patch before the 1.4.5 update hits. See this thread for more information. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...echnology.html
    Thanks for the patch.

Works great with the Color logo patch.
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    really want this patch in preware!!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Great patches. Is there a way I can take out twitter with this installed?

Edit: tried the removal patch in preware and it didn't work out for me. How do I uninstall this patch and start over?
    Last edited by P. Doeboy; 07/11/2010 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Addendum
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by P. Doeboy View Post
    Great patches. Is there a way I can take out twitter with this installed?

Edit: tried the removal patch in preware and it didn't work out for me. How do I uninstall this patch and start over?
    Uninstall it with WOSQI and see if any errors come up. If they do, post the errors here so they can be troubleshooted.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ^^Umm.. not to sound too clueless, but how do I go about uninstalling via WOSQI?
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by P. Doeboy View Post
    ^^Umm.. not to sound too clueless, but how do I go about uninstalling via WOSQI?
    Download WebOSQuickInstall (WOSQI) here and connect your Pre via the just charge option to your computer. Make sure you have developer mode turned on by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" on your home screen. Open up the WOSQI jar file on your computer making sure you have the latest java installed. Once open, go to file>options and make sure USB device is highlighted. Hit close and then go to tools>device management. On the top left there should be a drop down menu that says applications. Click it and change it to patches. Click the check boxes for the items you want to uninstall and then click the uninstall button. If there are errors, please post them so they can be troubleshooted. Let me know if you have other questions.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Worked perfectly, Thanks!
    I just updated to 1.4.5 and had two errors which I have have posted in the ATTENTION: Patches that MUST be removed prior to OTA update but I thought I'd post this one here as well!

I found another patch not working after updating to 1.4.5, it is the Add imdb+dict+thes+bing+yahoo.patch I noticed they were not showing up when I searched for something. The patch was installed using WebOSQuickInstall so i tried to remove it using WebOSQuickInstall that didn't work, I then tried Preware that didn't work either, the IPKG log says:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.patches.addimdbdictthesbingyahoo.prerm 2>&1
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by leobloom View Post
    I just updated to 1.4.5 and had two errors which I have have posted in the ATTENTION: Patches that MUST be removed prior to OTA update but I thought I'd post this one here as well!

I found another patch not working after updating to 1.4.5, it is the Add imdb+dict+thes+bing+yahoo.patch I noticed they were not showing up when I searched for something. The patch was installed using WebOSQuickInstall so i tried to remove it using WebOSQuickInstall that didn't work, I then tried Preware that didn't work either, the IPKG log says:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/ca.canucksoftware.patches.addimdbdictthesbingyahoo.prerm 2>&1
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    This should be fixable. What carrier are you on? Is anyone else having this problem?
    I am on 02 UK Palm Pre.
  16.    #56  
    I am on 02 UK Palm Pre.
    I would try downloading WebOS Repair Utility and run it with the most current WebOS Doctor found here. See if that allows you to uninstall it.

If that doesn't work, following the instructions here to restore the global-search-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $under$ $the$ $following$ $location$

Code:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/
    Let me know if you are still having problems after trying those two things.
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but would using the WebOS Repair Utility wipe my pre or can I just ask it to remove the patches that are broken?
  18.    #58  
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but would using the WebOS Repair Utility wipe my pre or can I just ask it to remove the patches that are broken?
    I would try the second option I gave first. The repair utility will probably mess with any other patches you might have installed. Replace the individual file first and see if that helps. Let me know if you need help. Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Also, to answer your question, the repair utility will not wipe your phone. It just replaces any core files that have been modified.
    I am not very good with this sort of thing tbh, sorry so I done what it said on the other page and found the file you said above now do I have to do the root or can I use the WebOS Quick Install? I am not sure what I would be doing with the root but the WebOS Quick Install is easier to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Here is your super patch that adds bing, yahoo, imdb, dictionary, and thesaurus to universal search. Make sure you uninstall any other universal search patches you may have.
    Thanks for this great patch. I only wish that I could have the labels in a different order. Is it possible to have them listed in the following order:
    1. Google
    2. Bing
    3. IMDB
    4. Wikipedia
    5. Dictionary
    6. Thesauras
    7. Yahoo
    8. Google Maps
    9. Twitter
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast