Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks to you both! i would gladly take the superpatch from bldamas when you have the chance to finish it and then look also at Josh's patch when it is done.

Thank you!
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    Thanks to you both! i would gladly take the superpatch from bldamas when you have the chance to finish it and then look also at Josh's patch when it is done.

Thank you!
    Here is your super patch that adds bing, yahoo, imdb, dictionary, and thesaurus to universal search. Make sure you uninstall any other universal search patches you may have.

For those who don't have the necessary images and stumble across this thread, I have included each image that you will need to send to the following location with WebOSQuickInstall. For more information on sending files, see the first post in this thread for instructions.

Code:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/
    Let me know if there are any problems with this patch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    nice job man

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Here is your super patch that adds bing, yahoo, imdb, dictionary, and thesaurus to universal search. Make sure you uninstall any other universal search patches you may have.

For those who don't have the necessary images and stumble across this thread, I have included each image that you will need to send to the following location with WebOSQuickInstall. For more information on sending files, see the first post in this thread for instructions.

Code:
    Let me know if there are any problems with this patch.
    Wow. You are so fast. I am on my Pre now but tomorrow morning when I am on my laptop I will install it and let you know.

You should submit this SuperSearch Patch to Preware.
    bpdamas, you're great at what you do. Thank you so much for you help!
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    Wow. You are so fast. I am on my Pre now but tomorrow morning when I am on my laptop I will install it and let you know.

You should submit this SuperSearch Patch to Preware.
    I don't really know if that is possible with my knowledge base. I am sure it is somehow with binaries or whatnot but I don't know how to do that yet. You can't do it with a simple patch because it relies on images to be added to your phone in a certain directory. The reason the adding bing and yahoo is in preware is because for some reason the search images are already included on everyone's version of 1.4.1.1. I don't know how long they have been there but no images are needed to be added with those two search items.

I hope this makes sense and I definitely think it can be done but probably not by me. That's why I am excited to see the work of xanthinealkaloid. It should be pretty cool once developed.
    These patches seem awesome. Been waiting for something like this to come along, as the webos-internals instructions, are too complicated to understand. I do have a quick question. I just discovered these patches now, and I'm at work for a 16hr day. And being the modern day american that i am, i hate to wait til I get home. Anybody know if these can be installed via preware, or terminal? I know how to move the images into the right folders using internalz, but just need a way to install the patches them selves. Thanks for the help.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by breakinghbts View Post
    These patches seem awesome. Been waiting for something like this to come along, as the webos-internals instructions, are too complicated to understand. I do have a quick question. I just discovered these patches now, and I'm at work for a 16hr day. And being the modern day american that i am, i hate to wait til I get home. Anybody know if these can be installed via preware, or terminal? I know how to move the images into the right folders using internalz, but just need a way to install the patches them selves. Thanks for the help.
    I, unfortunately, do not know how to accomplish this since these patches aren't in the preware feed.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I, unfortunately, do not know how to accomplish this since these patches aren't in the preware feed.
    Just found this thread and am wondering if this patch is going to wind up on Preware?

I desperately need something like this - and being able to download it directly from Preware would be a huge plus.

Please let me know -

Thanks!

Miguel

Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Somewhere in Oregon
    and occasionally Guadalajara
    FrankenPre PRE 2 on Sprint (in USA)
    Original PRE on Telcel (en Mexico)
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose!
    Here is another patch that hopefully is what you are looking for. Uninstall the current patch you have and re-install this patch. Let me know if it doesn't work for some reason.
    This patch works really great!! now if you could add:
    -Youtube and launch the youtube app with the results
    -Yelp or Yellowpages and launch the mobile site with results

That would be a nice combo!
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    This Patch is Awesome, I use IMDB all the time, now it's even easier.

Thank you so much for your hard work.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    This patch works really great!! now if you could add:
    -Youtube and launch the youtube app with the results
    -Yelp or Yellowpages and launch the mobile site with results

That would be a nice combo!
    That's interesting. It definitely should be possible but it might take a little more research. It's note quite as simple as adding these other types of searches.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    This should be a really quick and simple patch to make, but I'd really appreciate if someone could make a patch to at IMDb to universal search.

It would be greatly appreciated!!
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    2nd that, I use IMDB and IMDB pro almost everyday for work.
    This is a patch that adds IMDb to universal search. I use this quite a bit wondering if people are in certain movies or what year movies were made or any other information about movies. I find the first entry when you google is normally IMDb anyway so this patch just eliminates one step of googling it and then going to the IMDb website.

To install, follow the following steps.

• Download both the patch file and .png file and save them in a location you can remember
    • Put phone into developer mode
    • Plug phone into computer and ensure novacom is running
    • Open WebOSQuickInstall
    • Go to Tools>Send File
    • Browse to location to where you saved the search-imdb.png file
    • Make the destination folder the following
      Code:
    • Click send to device
    • Click the green plus sign
    • Browse to the location where you saved the patch
    • Click install

That is it. Your phone should reset and you should be able utilize IMDb with universal search. Hopefully this patch is as useful as it has been for me.

Here is a screenshot.

My linking ability is not working right now but to find the actual thread just type "[Patch] Add IMDb to Universal Search" (no quotes) in the search tool to the WebOS patch forum and you should find it. This is not my patch I just used it for my 1.4.1 Verizon and works.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by scoble2; 07/05/2010 at 05:54 PM.
    Id hit that! I want it available through Preware first though.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scoble2 View Post
    My linking ability is not working right now but to find the actual thread just type "[Patch] Add IMDb to Universal Search" (no quotes) in the search tool to the WebOS patch forum and you should find it. This is not my patch I just used it for my 1.4.1 Verizon and works.
    is there any way to upload it to preware? I'd do it if I knew how! There are a lot fewer steps for installing that way and a lot better distribution. Other than that I'm really lovin' it!
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    I wouldn't know since I didn't create the original patch. If you hit the arrow next to the name bpdamas from three posts up it will take you to the original thread and you can search through that or PM him.
    the patch that gives command functions to search may have that, and many more cool functions. Command line I believe it's called.
    bpdamas:

I just installed your patch, and the search works fine. However, the IMDB image didn't show up. I followed your directions precisely, and it said the .png transferred successfully, but the image is not there, just a blank space in its place. Could you tell me how I could delete the .png from my phone using wosqi?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast