Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I've tried the method of going to a webpage that has the icon i want and overwriting its url with the one i want, but it's tedious and the icons don't have transparent backgrounds like all the others. I'd like to be able to set the shortcut's icon from a local directory, such as /media/internal/icons/

I'm pretty sure the file that needs to be modified is

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/customizeicon-assistant.jsjsjs

So when you tap on Web > Page > Add To Launcher, there is an option to set the icon from /media/internal/icons/ in addition to the default option to crop a section from the page.
    Last edited by mhous33; 04/28/2010 at 01:38 AM.
    This isn't a patch, but it is a workaround to accomplish the end result:

- Add the shortcuts you would like to your launcher using the Add to Launcher function.

- Using SSH or Internalz, browse to the /var/luna/data/browser/icons/ directory on your phone and look at the contents.

- All files that start with "icon64-" are the app launcher icons for the bookmarks you have created. Copy (or receive with WOSQI) each of these .png files to your computer.

- These icons can be replaced by any icon file, or you can modify them as you see fit. Transparency will work just like any other launcher icon.

- Save the new icons using the exact same filenames, and copy (or Send with WOSQI) them back to the original location (/var/luna/data/browser/icons/).

You will now have customized launcher icons for each of your web bookmarks. Obviously it's a little bit of a pain, but I rarely change the app launcher bookmarks I use so it works fine for me.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Thanks, that did it...definitely a little tedious; might try to do this patch, just beginning to learn jsjsjs
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    can this be done the same way for the stock shortcuts...like web, clock, contacts, etc...? if so, are they in the same directory as the user-created ones?

both 'internalz' to copy and 'wosqi' to receive/send work the same for this?
    Stock Apps:
    /usr/palm/applications/[APP ID]/icon.png

3rd Party:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/[APP ID]/icon.png

Although it's probably easier to just make a small theme ( assuming you're not using one already ).