Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Well, that worked. Why did that work? Will I be able to add that patch back in?

    Thanks!
    Nope. For version with lock only one patch works - Ether gps or actual battery percent. It is looks like they are accessing same directory. Version 2 will let you install the second patch, however, for me it did not show icons no metter what I did with the phone and top menu.
  2. #42  
    Great patch, but my problem is, that the icon never disappears. Shouldn't it go away when gps is off? Or am I using gps all the time? No apps running...

    Thanks
    bkos
  3. #43  
    Did you try to open top menu again with GPS off?
  4. #44  
    Hi, I installed your patch last night. I've noticed that since then I am getting temp warnings when charging with the Touchstone. Nothing else has changed. I have the only the phone/3G radio on. GPS/BlueTooth/WiFi are always off in my office.

    The only thing that has changed is that I have the GPS icon sitting up in the top bar after installing the patch. Well, and the air conditioner in my office isn't working very well, so the air temp is about 5 deg Fahrenheit more than normal...

    Have you heard of anything like this? I am going to uninstall it to see if that changes anything.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Hi, I installed your patch last night. I've noticed that since then I am getting temp warnings when charging with the Touchstone. Nothing else has changed. I have the only the phone/3G radio on. GPS/BlueTooth/WiFi are always off in my office.

    The only thing that has changed is that I have the GPS icon sitting up in the top bar after installing the patch. Well, and the air conditioner in my office isn't working very well, so the air temp is about 5 deg Fahrenheit more than normal...

    Have you heard of anything like this? I am going to uninstall it to see if that changes anything.
    If GPS is off, why icon on the top bar?
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    If GPS is off, why icon on the top bar?
    I dont know. I thought it was supposed to be there, and only change colors when the radio was on or when it had a lock... I just know that I opened the location app and everything was set to off.

    But, even if the GPS was on, it shouldn't add 5 or 10 deg Celsius to my phone...
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I dont know. I thought it was supposed to be there, and only change colors when the radio was on or when it had a lock... I just know that I opened the location app and everything was set to off.

    But, even if the GPS was on, it shouldn't add 5 or 10 deg Celsius to my phone...
    Then I am confused. In my phone, when the GPS is on and you go second time in top menu -icon is on, when GPS is off (and same process) icon is off. Icon suppose to change color when it locked (for some reason that is not working on my phone - may be only for Sprint?). In ether case - there is not suppose to be heat issue, unless something is running and you are on Uber kernell...
  8. #48  
    I am definitely using uberkernel. I will have to try a few things, but the bottom line is if the gps and 3G radios are on, it shouldn't overheat on the TS.

    I will have to experiment more when I have the chance.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I am definitely using uberkernel. I will have to try a few things, but the bottom line is if the gps and 3G radios are on, it shouldn't overheat on the TS.

    I will have to experiment more when I have the chance.
    which temp warning patch are you using the old one that is tied to the battery temperature or the new one that is tied to a slightly higher CPU temp? i don't thnik the cpu temp one is in preware yet. i think the old one alarms too early. --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  10. #50  
    I installed this patch yesterday after removing the show true battery percent patch. Today i noticed that my Battery drain has gone from an average of 5% to more like 17%. I was in the museum today and this might account for the difference... My gut feeling is this however. i think this patch inadvertantly keeps the GPS chipset active if it is on. I think it overided some code added in 1.4 to cause the chipset to sleep and thus conserve battery. i have a Verizon pre + and have been watching / contributing to those threads a lot over the last coupleof weeks. I have done the QPST changes and those made my GPS stronger and this patch has added to the accuracy / speed with which the GPS locks on. Now i have to decide if the drain is an acceptable trade off for this benifit. i just purchased a naztech charging holster and it might conteract the added drain.... sorry to drag so many off topic comments into your thread ..... can any one else confirm my added drain? --

    verizon pre+
    1.4.1.1
    110 indstalled packeges (57 patches)
    uber kernel
    cpuscaler ultimate

    EDIT: or i could read the first post in the thread --- i see about the drain
    Last edited by mespiff; 06/04/2010 at 10:34 PM. Reason: i am silly
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  11. #51  
    I agree. I wasn't watching drain, I just saw a huge temp spike on the touchstone. Like about 7 deg centigrade. I uninstalled.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I agree. I wasn't watching drain, I just saw a huge temp spike on the touchstone. Like about 7 deg centigrade. I uninstalled.
    What battery do you use? Also do you always have gps on?
    currently I am using Centro battery and it is running hotter then normal Pre one, however it is takes longer to drain (for some reason)
  13. #53  
    is there any chance that ths patch can be changed to play nice with the show actual battery percentage patch?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  14. #54  
    BUMP --

    Is there any way that the V2 of this patch could work with the show actual battery percentage patch?


    thanks in advance
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  15. #55  
    The best way to find out if this has a considerable effect on battery life is to use Battery Monitor and turn off all the radios except GPS. Let it sit overnight and view the percentages per house. It would be best to do this multiple times to rule out any variables.

    Who's up for the challenge?


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    The best way to find out if this has a considerable effect on battery life is to use Battery Monitor and turn off all the radios except GPS. Let it sit overnight and view the percentages per house. It would be best to do this multiple times to rule out any variables.

    Who's up for the challenge?
    as stated in the OP the patch with lock has a huge impact on the battery life --it has the bonus of making the GPS much more acurate and quick loading as it is constantly polling the GPS and this keeps the chipset awake -- i would like to install the other version of his patch but it is in conflict with the show actual battery percent patch -- and i use that patch
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  17.    #57  
    Sorry for the radio silence, guys but I've been a bit busy.

    Using the V2 patch (the one in Preware) has not effected my device temperature or battery life in any significant way on my Pre. I'm not sure why that would be happening unless there is some other issue as the patch only checks to see if the GPS is on, it doesn't actively use the GPS.

    As far as the compatibility with other patches is concerned, I don't think there is much more I can do. I've streamlined the patch as much as I know how to try and get it to play nice with other patches, but the limitation is in the underlying patch technology. One of the files being patched by my patch has a lot of functionality, and therefore there are many patches that can change the file. The more changes in the file, the harder it is for Patch to figure out the correct way to change it, causing the conflicts.

    The best solution I can provide that has worked for me is to change the ordering in which patches are applied. Changing the order sometimes gets certain patches to play nice together.

    --Todd
  18. #58  
    is ther a way i can change the way the icon looks for the GPS?
    or some kind of scrim patch? lol
    Last edited by Ezero0065; 08/04/2010 at 05:53 PM.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezero0065 View Post
    is ther a way i can change the way the icon looks for the GPS?
    or some kind of scrim patch? lol
    The location of the icon is: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/images/gps-on.png

    Theoretically, you should be able to change the icon by replacing the icon file and restarting Luna.

    I'm not familiar with how themes or scrim patches work, but I'm sure they could change this icon the same way they do any other icon on the top bar.

    --Todd
  20. #60  
    i got a message saying :file open fail
    :| im not sure what im doing wrong the format is .png and the same size as thr default gps-on
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions