1.    #1  
    Is this possible?
    there are patches that allow more pages, named pages, and tabbed pages in the launcher. I think any or all three of those would give you the same idea as olders.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    there are patches that allow more pages, named pages, and tabbed pages in the launcher. I think any or all three of those would give you the same idea as olders.
    I am aware that all of those exist and currently use, 'Add Page', but I want folders more-so than tons of pages or named pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeSux View Post
    I am aware that all of those exist and currently use, 'Add Page', but I want folders more-so than tons of pages or named pages.
    I'm not sure I understand the distinction. A "folder" would presumably be an icon on one page that would open up another page of apps or icons.

A tab at the top would do the same.

The only difference would be that you wouldn't have more than one "folder" on any page because the tab would be providing only a single link. Are you asking for folders so you can have more than one "link" on a page?

Personally, I just want to have a category/list view like PalmOS does, so I can quickly organize my apps. Once they are organized, the pages and tabs work well for me.

I hope Palm will add category and list view capabilities back into WebOS, and several other features in PalmOS that are sorely missed.

Another example is to have different volume settings for the phone ringer, the alarm clock, and the speaker volume. Every time I turn down the volume of the call because I'm on the wired headset, I miss the next call because the ringer volume uses the same setting. Then I set an alarm, and don't hear it because I forgot to set ringer volume to max before going to sleep. PalmOS didn't have those issues, and I'm hoping that those things will be added as WebOS matures.

Categories, list views, and other folder-like stuff is probably not something that can be done through a patch unless/until there are APIs exposed, which Palm is clearly doing as quickly as they can.

I'd love to have a homebrew developer jump in and explain what they would need in order to provide "folders" and other mods to the UI.
  5.    #5  
    Games folders/etc.
    like the new feature in iphoneOS 4.0 its not that hard to understand.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    like the new feature in iphoneOS 4.0 its not that hard to understand.
    Exactly, and it has also been a Jailbroken feature ('Categories') forever.
    Yeah, folders would just over-complicate the already slick design. Not to mention folders in a card don't really fit the metaphor.
    sure, folders don't fit the webos card metaphor.. But how about switching between different decks of cards? Each launcher page shows an icon of the categoty before it shows anything making you have to click through to view the apps in each category.. einternet, games, productivity, system
    just discovered that if there's another place that I want folders, it's in the memos app, as I'm collecting all kinds of memos about various topics. I guess I could color code, but to drag and drop into a folder in which I can edit the name would be awesome
    Maybe we could have psuedo-folders by having an app link to another page (without the page switching animation).