1.    #1  
    Is it possible to remove the lock icon while still keeping the function?
    You could change the lock image to something else or make it completely transparent.
  3.    #3  
    completely transparent would be great. I have no idea how to do that however.
    If I was home, I could look for where the lock icon and it's stylesheet is located. It would be very easy to make a patch for this. Unfortunately, I won't be home for a few hours to make it
    Open WOSQI tools/receive files.
    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/screen-lock-padlock-on.png
    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/screen-lock-padlock-off.png

Save them somewhere so you can replace them later if you want.

Download the zip below and extract it then use the new images to send back to your Pre

Open WOSQI tools/send files. (send the new pics you downloaded)
    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/screen-lock-padlock-on.png
    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/screen-lock-padlock-off.png
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

... or 2sslow could come in and save the day lol
    Man I must have lost my touch everyone replies to threads faster than me lately
  8.    #8  
    im turning developer mode on now to try this. Thanks for the super quick response.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Man I must have lost my touch everyone replies to threads faster than me lately
    I actually noticed that lol. Another member here, gangland, reminds me of you. He's normally in the first few responses of alot of threads. He only posts at most a sentence lol. I was beginning to think that you had a second account
  10.    #10  
    Ok please bear with me, while I am not clueless on this stuff, it does not come as easily as it once did.

I am trying to copy the files in the spot you said to do so (WOSQI/tools/recieve files) and I created a folder for the destination, I copied
    "/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/screen-lock-padlock-on.png"
    into the file window and it doesnt seem to want to get the file.
    is there someting I am missing?
    I don't mean to insult you but you did remove the quotes from it before you pasted it right?
  12.    #12  
    lol no there are no quotes in the original post.
    I thought id try this as well, i cant even get the files off of my Pre.
  14.    #14  
    Im not so sure its me doing something wrong though, It seems that every time I try to get the files nothing at all happens, as if the command is just not available.

I have developer mode on and can add and remove patches from WOSQI and see what patches are installed on the phone, so I know it is connected, unless it needs to be in USB mode.

Any ideas?
    Did you do a Luna restart?
  16.    #16  
    after turning developer mode on? yes, I have the Dev Mode Launcher app so it restarts whenever I turn it on or off.

I will do a Luna restart as well though just in case.

edit
    ok after doing a Luna restart, it is still not pulling the files. this is exactly what i have in the box for get window, minus the quotes
    "/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/screen-lock-padlock-on.png"
    Last edited by Hrolf; 04/25/2010 at 06:12 PM.
    First, I assume that your phone is NOT in USB Mode.

If you can access your phone thru Device Management in WOSQI, your connection is OK.

Also, your syntax seems correct.

Problem could be in the destination folder. Keep your file destination simple, use the Desktop where is easier to locate the files.

Good luck!
  18.    #18  
    I tried to put it in /documents/palm pre/lock screen on my mac. I tried just the /documents folder as well and still nothing.

Edit

Ok I just got it to work by using the desktop as the folder to save the files to.

Jfrex, thanks for the idea. Ill work on installation in a few minutes.
    Last edited by Hrolf; 04/25/2010 at 07:29 PM.
  19.    #19  
    Ok 2Sslow thank you for the files and Jfrex thank you for the assistance in getting it to work.

It looks great without that stupid orange button and works very well.

Thanks again, I will be making a donation soon (just started a new job and will be on the road this week)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    Ok 2Sslow thank you for the files and Jfrex thank you for the assistance in getting it to work.

It looks great without that stupid orange button and works very well.

Thanks again, I will be making a donation soon (just started a new job and will be on the road this week)
    NP, Glad to help
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.