1.    #1  
    Currently copying & pasting of words is only available when you can text edit. I would like to be able to copy & paste words on websites, not just website links & phone numbers. Can this be done?

BLiip
    I would also love to see such functionality.
    It can be hit or miss, but I usually get everything I need by using the shift+tap.

what I'm looking for is basically the ability to move the cursor within a webpage.
    shift and tap almost always lets you copy an entire paragraph..but never a selection of words...have to admit apple kick *** in that department
    They would if the feature hadn't been in win-mo since before the iPhone even existed
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    They would if the feature hadn't been in win-mo since before the iPhone even existed
    1 good feature in a bad os...or for apple a good feature in a great os. People take more notice of it in the iphone people who are new to smartphones due to the iphone will only know it from the iphone too.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    It was also in PalmOS since before the iPhone even existed but that doesn't take away from the fact that the iPhone's implementation of cut & paste is excellent and more importantly for the purposes of this discussion, better than the current webOS implementation of cut & paste.
    Last edited by DarthRepublican; 04/25/2010 at 06:31 PM. Reason: clarity
  9.    #9  
    For me, being able to highlight words would make using dictionaries for foreign languages more productive. This always worked in Palm OS, so it surprises me to see how long it is taking them on this. I remember this being an issue with iPhones as well in their early days.
    BLiip