Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Tapping any phone number in the call log simply inserts the number into the dialpad rather than automatically dialing the number.

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community.
    If you find value in my work, please take a moment to click the thanks button.
    Should you be inclined, a donation link is available in my signature, and a sincere thanks to those who have.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rnp likes this.
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
    Exactly what i needed!
    Josh you are the MAN!

It got really irritating that i kept calling people i didnt want to actually call.
    Thank you for helping me customize my Pre! Donation made.
    Nice find! This should be the default behavior IMHO. Good work!! Thanks!
    Palm Zire -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre Plus
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    brilliant! exactly what i hated about the call log. never even thought to check to see if a patch exists.
    Can someone please, pleeeeeeeeeez, update this for webOS 2.1.0 and submit to preware. I hate accidently dialing people all the time while browsing the call log.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  7. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    +1
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    I'm surprised there isn't much interest in this patch.

Here is a patch for 2.1.0. It will appear in Preware whenever approved.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Here is a patch for 2.1.0. It will appear in Preware whenever approved.
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I just had to doctor my phone (thanks, VZW, for the glory of that Bing Maps push!).

I used to have this patch, and when I used Preware to bring my phone back to how I like it, I had to come here to get this (absolute "must") patch.
    Can someone please, pleeeeeeeeeez, update this for the Pre3 (webOS 2.2.3) and submit to Preware. I hate accidentally dialing people all the time while browsing the call log. This along with 'No Missed Call Callback', are my two most wanted patches for the Pre3.

fredewins likes this.
    +1
    I'm new to patches, so still need to figure out how to get this into Preware etc, so will do that in the next day or so when I find some time

The following seems to do the trick and will populate the number in the dialpad, but doesn't call it

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/phoneApp/source/CallLogView.jsjsjs

Replace:
    enyo.application.CallSynergizer.dial(itemData.recentcall_address.addr,
    (itemData.recentcall_address.isVideo === true) ? true: undefined, undefined,
    service, itemData.recentcall_address.personId,
    true /*debounce*/);

By:
    enyo.application.UI.event('dial', { "fill": itemData.recentcall_address.addr});

Added .patch and submitted as well, hopefully in Preware shortly This should work on 2.2.3 and 2.2.4
    Last edited by Herrie; 01/30/2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Added .patch file :)
    Last edited by Herrie; 01/31/2012 at 03:59 AM.
    Why is this patch, no longer listed as available for webOS 1.4.5? I am quite sure I used to have this installed on my Pre+ before I meta-doctored it to webOS 2.1.x.

PS: @Herrie - Thanks for the 2.2.4 update. This is one patch that was sorely missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Why is this patch, no longer listed as available for webOS 1.4.5? I am quite sure I used to have this installed on my Pre+ before I meta-doctored it to webOS 2.1.x.

PS: @Herrie - Thanks for the 2.2.4 update. This is one patch that was sorely missed.
    Not sure, could be I did something wrong? I just ticked 2.2.4 when submitting the new patch, because this patch is for 2.2.4 specifically. Should I have kept the previous numbers as well?

It was my first patch submission, so I might have done it wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Not sure, could be I did something wrong? I just ticked 2.2.4 when submitting the new patch, because this patch is for 2.2.4 specifically. Should I have kept the previous numbers as well?

It was my first patch submission, so I might have done it wrong?
    I am sorry, I did not mean to imply that this has anything to do with your update for 2.2.4. My question was in general about why this patch is no longer available in the 1.4.5 feed. Because if I remember correctly, I had been using this on 1.4.5 and now it is no longer there. By the way, this was even before you made your update for 2.2.4.

PS: I just installed your updated patch for 2.2.4 on my Pre3 and it is working great. Thanks.

Ok in that case it's probably just because of the split per device and version for patches that happened I think

Good to hear it works on Pre3 as well I made it on my 2.2.3 unofficial Veer, but 2.2.4 is not much different
    Patch works on 2.2.4 Veer ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast