Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    dude this patch is so awesome, i can't believe how ugly the original gray looks now...and i really want to see the glass splash screens in preware......the pictures you uploaded look soooo slick.
    I keep getting an error while trying to install this patch
    ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh
    2 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- see webos-patches.log for more details
    It means it's conflicting with another patch. If you open up the webos-patches file & see which files are affected we can see what is interfering with the install.
    PATCH INSTALLATION Tue May 18 11:32:06 EDT 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Contains text patch
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-glass-effect/app-launcher-glass-effect.patch

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 22.
    Hunk #3 FAILED at 39.
    2 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej

Installation FAILED!

Running Sprint Pre with webOS version 1.4.1.1
    Preware version 1.0
    Do you have any of the Launcher Patches installed? I know the Zune / List Launcher will interfere & I think the 4x4 & 5x4 Launcher patches may also affect this one.
    I do have the 4x4 v2 patch. I'll try to remove that first.
    No go. I got this from the IPKG Log:
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.[atches.app-launcher-glass-effect.postinst 2>&1

Everything else looks ok.
    Just made the leap to themes and installed the Glass Effect Suite. Thanks for all the help.
    few questions about this very tempting patch.

any word on compatibility with 4x4 launcher v5?

does it have to be uninstalled before next webos update- is it AUPT compatible?
    I am currently using the Glass Effect Suite and I can confirm that it is compatible with v5.

Since the Glass Effect Launcher Patch is a patch, you do not need to uninstall it before an OTA update. But if you use the Glass Effect Suite, which is a theme, I believe you do need to uninstall the theme. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    that is my main concern. I don't want to mess with themes, would rather deal with patches if they can stay on through an update.
    5 stars! Great patch! The look this gives my phone is what got me into Patching! Keep it up! And THANK YOU
    if the patch won't work, try doing it yourself via webOSQuickInstall:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-launcher.html

scroll down to post #6 =)

/edit: dunno if the link works for you, but if not, simply search for the thread "tricked out launcher" and scroll down to post #6
    Awesome! Great work!
    when I try to install the glass effect patch
    it's give me a box say an error installing see ipkg log
    robertson40
    do you have any other themes installed deputy?
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I love this
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    Sconix chagned his Advanced Launcher patch. It is incompatible with almost all the app launcher patches except glass effects. but it overrides it and brings back the grey launcher. he posted this though:

Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    doesn't conflict with Glass effects in app launcher list in preware. but it nulls it. i have the grey background in my launcher even tho both are patched.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    This is due to the preferences screen which needs to change the background and then back again. But it is very easy to make patch that works with my patch.
    thought i'd update you all....thanks!

Update:

Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    It might be a possible to make my patch fully compatible with the glass effect patch. I will test this and if it is then next release is fully compatible. Now you need luna restart after exiting preferences screen to get the glass effect back.
    So it works, just need to do Luna restart after you change preferences.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    i had this patch installed with 1.4.1 and after installing to 1.4.5 everything stayed the same except now the launcher menu (List Apps, etc) is back to grey along with the top-right drop down menu (Airplane Mode, etc). Can anyone tell me how to make everything glassy the way it was before. I tried re-installing BOTH Glass Effect Suite as well as Glass Effect Launcher but what I described above still remains the same.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    i had this patch installed with 1.4.1 and after installing to 1.4.5 everything stayed the same except now the launcher menu (List Apps, etc) is back to grey along with the top-right drop down menu (Airplane Mode, etc). Can anyone tell me how to make everything glassy the way it was before. I tried re-installing BOTH Glass Effect Suite as well as Glass Effect Launcher but what I described above still remains the same.

Any suggestions?
    Uninstall both those and try the Glass Effect Suite (alternate) theme. Had the same issues as you. Another forum member gave me the tip.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast