Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    In Preware it says that it's not available for 1.4... that it would only act as a placeholder for when it became available?

Something like that.
    Love the look of this patch....love to see it for all the menus....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    I followed the instructions for the patching of the app launcher screen to a T and rebooted twice and they are still the normal gray color. What did I do wrong? I made the system writable, sent the file from step 1 in your link, deleted the file you mentioned, not sure what I'm doing wrong :P
    Thanks,
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I followed the instructions for the patching of the app launcher screen to a T and rebooted twice and they are still the normal gray color. What did I do wrong? I made the system writable, sent the file from step 1 in your link, deleted the file you mentioned, not sure what I'm doing wrong :P
    Thanks,
    Hi mate,

Have you tried opening a non-core app? Apps like Messaging and Contacts have custom scrims that I have not over-ridden. The mod that you made should affect apps like Tweed, Newsroom, Facebook etc. Does it work when you load those apps?
    This is an awesome patch. Thanks! Makes th elauncher look really slick.

I also did teh hack you posted to change splash screens - love it! and was easy to do.

Have you found the scrims yet for the default apps' splash screens and the drop down menus? Of course a patch wold be amazing but even just posting how to hack it would be great.

Thanks for all you are doing!
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    This is an awesome patch. Thanks! Makes th elauncher look really slick.

I also did teh hack you posted to change splash screens - love it! and was easy to do.

Have you found the scrims yet for the default apps' splash screens and the drop down menus? Of course a patch wold be amazing but even just posting how to hack it would be great.

Thanks for all you are doing!
    Yes, I hope to have this project finished by tonight - including custom splash screens for all core apps. (and also the drop down menus).
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Yes, I hope to have this project finished by tonight - including custom splash screens for all core apps. (and also the drop down menus).
    You are awesome...can't wait....and i'll donate also for all your hard work on this....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Here is a list of all my patches that are on my PRE and this patch-Glass Effect works with all just fine. Hope this helps.

Patches (73) :

20px Font
    3000 Autoreplace Words
    4x4 Icons v3
    Actual Words Instead of Icons
    Add Blocker
    Add Bing and Yahoo
    Add Date - MM/DD
    Add Delete Buttons
    Add One Minute Interval
    Add Option to Send Link Message

Add Space Between Snooze and Dismiss
    Additional Contact Labels
    Advanced Phone Menu
    Alarm Daily Options
    Allow Browser in Low Memory
    Audio/Video Attachments
    Auto Show Dialpad on Call
    Battery Icon as Percent
    Black Background Grey Font
    Bookmarks List Button

Call Block with Block Unknown or Blocked
    Call Duration in Call Log
    Call History During Call
    Capture with All Keys
    Change Number of Bookmarks on Startpage
    Character Counter
    Compose to Email
    Confirm Delete
    Edit Item as New
    Enable Landscape Email

Enter Key for New Line
    Faster Card Animations No Glow
    gDial Pro Universal Integration
    Glass Effect
    Hide App Vendors
    Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher Remix
    Improved Photo Naming PRE
    Increase Font Size 18
    Just Charge By Default
    Launcher Page Selection Tabs

Match State to Area Code
    More Default Snooze Times
    More Reminder Alarm Times
    Multi Mod
    New Card Button
    New Card per Convo
    No Alert During Call
    No Auto Refresh After Idle
    No Autodial from Call Log
    No Missed Call Callback

Open to Alarm List
    Open to Call Log
    PDF Redux
    Poor Mans Twitter Client
    Prevent Removal
    Raise Image Resolution Limit
    Remove Send and Attach Buttons
    Replies/Forwards Black Font
    Resume Play for Books
    Ringer Switch Icon

Ringtone for Unknown Callers
    Send All Contacts via Email
    Smiley Faces in Symbol Box
    SMS Tone per Contact
    Snooze Duration Selection
    Standby Times Deluxe
    Start in Fullscreen
    Timestamps - Clean
    Total Message Count
    TS Charge Alert Fix - Package only

Unthrottle Download Manager
    Video Camera Flashlight
    Wrap Location Field
  9.    #149  
    Hi guys! The new version is out! Go get it! http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ect-suite.html

The new version is compatible with ALL patches
    Hi mate,

Have you tried opening a non-core app? Apps like Messaging and Contacts have custom scrims that I have not over-ridden. The mod that you made should affect apps like Tweed, Newsroom, Facebook etc. Does it work when you load those apps?
    Thanks for the reply. Yep, I've tried facebook and same thing, the old gray version. I'll try the whole process over again when I get home from work and see if I get farther the 2nd time around..
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Yep, I've tried facebook and same thing, the old gray version. I'll try the whole process over again when I get home from work and see if I get farther the 2nd time around..
    Install the new version instead - it's much better implemented and all splash screens work out of the box
    Great patch! I had to uninstall the 'No arrows or fade bar' patch but it was worth it. Keep up the good work
    Install the new version instead - it's much better implemented and all splash screens work out of the box
    Yep that did it! Everything has your effect now and its beautiful!! Thanks again man!
    so, this will not work with other theme installed?
    Correct. It would have to be included in the other theme to work. Currently it is not possible to installing themes on top of each other to stop interfering with removal.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    This may be your first patch, but it's one of my favorites. It's nice to have a classed-up (and glassed-up) launcher. Great job. Love the sharper look!
    Same directions, modified a few images to use as well.

This adds a very slight gradient to the glass effect card load image, removes the "glow" from behind the actual icon and adds a pulsating glowing "Loading" text at the bottom of the card. Looks nice.

Also attaching a screenshot of it in action.

Filenames are:

Grey one is "loading-card-scrim.png"

Second one is "loading-glow.png"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by snang; 04/28/2010 at 01:45 PM.
  18.    #158  
    Liking the mod! Good work
    Anyone have an issue with reordering icons in the launcher after applying this patch? Seems to be stuck in some deault setting after restarts . After I move them around again they switch back after restart. Uninstalling patch didn't help fix it. Not blaming, just saying kind of a strange coincidence. Tried every fix short of dreaded WebOS Doctoring to square one...
  20.    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Anyone have an issue with reordering icons in the launcher after applying this patch? Seems to be stuck in some deault setting after restarts . After I move them around again they switch back after restart. Uninstalling patch didn't help fix it. Not blaming, just saying kind of a strange coincidence. Tried every fix short of dreaded WebOS Doctoring to square one...
    Hmm I have heard of this problem a few times before - it was a weird co-incidence I agree, but don't think it's patch related. Sorry but I don't know of a fix :/
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast