Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    I hear what you're saying, it is seriously confusing trying to keep on top of everythin going on even for us regular visitors. For newcomers & less enthusiastic people the errors must be a constant annoyance.

Sorry if I was short with you - I actually like the idea of having a compatibility list available - keeping it up to date would be an issue though.

Anyway, take a look at the compatibility list a few posts back & hopefully it might help you figure out where the conflict is.

SqyArc
    Back atcha'...I just had one of those moments. I truly try to stay on top of details here. It's embarrassing when my friends jack up their Pre because they didn't do things exactly as instructed and now they all want to jump ship because it's too much hassle at times. It's totally fun if you have time! I wonder how this experience will be with the next Palm device..?
    I support all devs in their efforts and thank them accordingly. I will follow things here and hopefully figure this out.
    Think of my vent this way: I was sooo excited to install this through PW and it failed on me.
    Keep up the great work!
    Everybody wants some!..
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    It will only interfere with themes if they include patches that affect the same files. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $unless$ $the$ $user$ $has$ $another$ $patch$ $that$ $touches$ $the$ $same$ $files$ ( $in$ $a$ $way$ $that$ $line$ $numbers$ $are$ $off$ ), $themes$ $should$ $not$ $affect$ $this$.
    Thanks for clarifying
    Thanks for clarifying
    No problem. I was about to install just to prove the point then realized... I have the Lite List Launcher patch installed which modifies most of the CSS file for the Launcher, therefore, incompatible with that patch.

My answer work alot better when i realize which thread i'm in lol.
    I also wanted to add: you can probably setup the patch without the need to send files via webOS QI, instead just point the background images towards /media/internal/scrims ( as 2sslow does the the scrim patches ) & users could just drop the images there while in USB mode instead of sending a file. In the end the same steps are required, i just figured some potential users may hesitate when they see they have to backup / replace files.

Either way, still a great patch!
  5.    #85  
    I also wanted to add: you can probably setup the patch without the need to send files via webOS QI, instead just point the background images towards /media/internal/scrims ( as 2sslow does the the scrim patches ) & users could just drop the images there while in USB mode instead of sending a file. In the end the same steps are required, i just figured some potential users may hesitate when they see they have to backup / replace files.

Unfortunately when it comes to the splash screens I haven't managed to find the code that manages the splash scrim. If I could find that code, I could implement it into the original Preware patch & skip the linux steps altogether.

That's how I handle my patches

I have a specific folder in /media/internal/ that I put my custom images in. I then use my patches to modify the css files to point to that folder. It makes it much easier to change images really quick.
    Unfortunately when it comes to the splash screens I haven't managed to find the code that manages the splash scrim. If I could find that code, I could implement it into the original Preware patch & skip the linux steps altogether.
    I'll look around for the css file. Once we find it, making a patch will take 30 seconds
    I know there's a generic splash image, i'm trying to find it now. Now that i look at it though, you're way is probably better. Does this glass effect appear on the default system apps too? ( ie: Messaging, EMail, Browser, etc ) If it does, it's probably just easier to leave it the way you have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    That's how I handle my patches

I have a specific folder in /media/internal/ that I put my custom images in. I then use my patches to modify the css files to point to that folder. It makes it much easier to change images really quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'll look around for the css file. Once we find it, making a patch will take 30 seconds
    Path to the generic "Loading" Splash/Card:

\usr\palm\sysmgr\images\loading-card-scrim.png
  10.    #90  
    Nope it doesn't affect apps where a custom splash screen has been defined - you'd need to set that up manually.
  11.    #91  
    Altering that image is how the current hack/patch works - I need to find the CSS file that points to that location
    Would you happen to know where the css file that calls that image is?
    That's what i'm looking for now, sorry for the useless post, i haven't actually looked at the patch file to see what was edited.

Looking for the CSS file now.
    That's what i'm looking for now, sorry for the useless post, i haven't actually looked at the patch file to see what was edited.

Looking for the CSS file now.
    Hey, do you have any tips or tricks to searching for css files? I have the entire WebOS 1.4.1.1 image extracted to my PC and have been looking for a way to search it for specific strings. I don't mind rooting through all those folders, but there has to be an easier way...
    I've been using the default Win7 search bar. If you just open the root directory of the doctor & search, it will include all matches within files as well as file names.
  16.    #96  
    Your PC should have the ability to search folders including the text contained within files - not at my PC right now so can't guide you. But you can just search a string & the OS will do the rest.
  17.    #97  
    Man I need to sleep - catch up with you guys tomorrow. Good luck finding that CSS reference
    Thank you guys so much I knew there had to be an easier way. I'm using Windows 7 and will try this once I get home.
    i attempted to install this patch via WQIS but got an error:"2 out of 3 hunks failed" any reason why this happened?
    This same thing happened to me, but as it turns out there is an incompatibility with the 4x4 Patch. Have to choose one or the other or wait for a fix.
    I have installed the Patch.. but the Launcher is still Grey.
    I have tried twice.. no luck

Is there anything else to be done apart from installing the .patch ?

the .patch refers to ../images/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png and ../images/launcher-page-fade-top.png

Do I need to download them.. ?