Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Very nice job. I always disliked the stock background in the launcher.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  2.    #62  
    Think I'm on my man-period today haha. Sorry about the grouchyness everyone.

I've started a list of compatible/incompatible patches (a couple of posts back) - I'll update this list with any others that you guys find & post it on the front page as a guide for others.

Thanks for the input
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    this feels like one of those patches that should be default on the Pre.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Geat job! so much easier to read the text beneath each app now,
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Installed for me fine, and looks great! Slightly awkward to get used to the first couple of times the menu opens, but when you get used to it it looks amazing. The dark glossy texture really makes the colours in app icons stand out.

I hope you figure out a way to get opening cards and drop down menus to have this effect too - that would be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    The BlackOut-1.4 theme has the transparent cards, so hopefully that will help because I don't want that whole theme, just transparent cards.
    All you have to do is rename the file located in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images the file is called loading-card-scrim.png This will make the global cards transparent to edit the inidividual apps like email, contacts etc. you go to the directory and rename the splash file. I renamed splash-browser-startpage.png to splash-browser-startpage.png.bak to get transparent card. No photoshop experience necessary. That would make it go well with this theme.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Finally installed this on the pre and it is AMAZING. This patch makes the launcher look absolutely gorgeous. I am a huge fan and think that the rest of webos should be updated by palm to make the whole os have this look.

I found when installing it that the "no arrows of Fade bar" patch is not compatible.
  7.    #67  
    Thanks voodoo, I've added it to the list of incompatible patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Thanks voodoo, I've added it to the list of incompatible patches.
    I got mine working, and it's night and day better than the original, but i kinda liked the low opacity one. This one looks alot better, but it kinda feels a bit to dark compared to everything else on the phone. I like the "glass" look, but i think i would like it a little bit brighter.

O, and i installed it via quick install patch list, umm not that i want to right now, but how would i remove it? (i'm going to try it for like a week. Currently i really like it, but every-time i type something, i think: why is it so dark. I'm thinking i'll probably get use to it, and I hope i do cause it looks really nice.)
    sqyarc I just installed the patch I previously had the dark launcher background. I must say this is a nice patch I had this effect on my cards already but this flows well. Thanks!!
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I got mine working, and it's night and day better than the original, but i kinda liked the low opacity one. This one looks alot better, but it kinda feels a bit to dark compared to everything else on the phone. I like the "glass" look, but i think i would like it a little bit brighter.

O, and i installed it via quick install patch list, umm not that i want to right now, but how would i remove it? (i'm going to try it for like a week. Currently i really like it, but every-time i type something, i think: why is it so dark. I'm thinking i'll probably get use to it, and I hope i do cause it looks really nice.)
    Nimer,
    You can uninstall it using WebOS Quick Install. Hit Tools - Device Management & then change the drop down box to 'Patches'. Just tick the patch & click uninstall

If you'd like I can make you a lighter version of the patch but I'm headed to bed now so it would be tomorrow.

Contact me by PM & I'll get back to you tomorrow
  11.    #71  
    UPDATE:

Hey guys, I've managed to hack together a solution for extending the black glass effect to the splash screens. It is a hack job as I haven't figured out a way to deploy this as a patch yet.

This involves using the linux command line, so please be careful. Everything you do when using the command line, patching or otherwise modifying your device is at your own risk.

Remember all linux commands are CaSe SeNsiTiVe and must be typed precisely as below. Ideally you should copy my code and paste it into WebOS Quick Install's commandline. You can damage your device or render this patch irreversible if you don't follow the guide completely.

To apply this hack/patch:

1) Download the glass splash card image (or make your own )

2) Open a command line (WebOS Quick Install, Terminal, Novaterm - whatever's your flavour).

3) Make the file system writable. Type: mount -o remount,rw /

4) Backup your images folder. Type: cp -R /usr/palm/sysmgr/images /usr/palm/sysmgr/imagesbackup

5) Send the image. Open WebOS Quick Install, click Tools -> Send File. Browse for the image file you just downloaded. The destination folder is /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/

6) Delete the borders. Type: rm /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/card-shadow-tile.png

7) Do a Luna restart

And there you have it Remember most of the core apps and some third party apps have custom splashscreens, so this will only work for the apps that don't have their own splash screens. You can choose to override the apps' custom splashscreens but it takes time.

This is what it should look like (the clock shows the old style):

To uninstall/reverse this hack/patch:

1) Open a command line

2) Make the file system writable. Type: mount -o remount,rw /

3) Restore your backup. Type: mv /usr/palm/sysmgr/imagesbackup /usr/palm/sysmgr/images

4) Reboot Luna

Remember all linux commands are CaSe SeNsiTiVe and must be typed precisely as above. Ideally you should copy my code and paste it into WebOS Quick Install's commandline.

Enjoy
    Last edited by SqyArc; 04/25/2010 at 06:50 PM.
    Hey SqyArc, I finally found this patch in Preware

I thought it looked great in the screenshots, but wow. It looks even better when you're actually using it. This patch and 4x4 V3 look amazing together

I'll be trying out your mod for the splash screens once I get home.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Freshyz, if you'd like to test & provide us with the names of the patches on your device that are causing an issue then that would be useful (your idea, not mine).

If you had an understanding of how patches work then you'd realise that it is literally impossible for all patches to be compatible with eachother.

You don't pay for our work that we do in our spare time, so take it as it comes or produce your own perfect patch. I don't intend to 'step up' the quality of anything on your account.

Think before you post.
    I just did tell you whats not working. This patch. I have too many to delete one by one just to get one path to work.

I don't understand how they work so what? I have to do this like everyone else through trial and error and do not have the ability to go into codes and make them work just right like some of you can.

I have not donated to you but I have donated so don't get me wrong. I wasn't telling you personally to step it up. Have you not noticed the "I got an error" threads choking up the forums in the last little while? All the new Verizon people had to be caught up on all the many specifics that come with tweaking/patching etc. It's going to happen all over again when AT&T launches the Pre/Pixi and it will get worse count on it.

Some patches avail through PW have come with warnings that 'this is not compatible with that'. Why not make that a standard? That's all I was saying.

If one is to truly enjoy this phone to its full potential you have to follow the forums intensely just to stay on top of avoiding errors. If you have nothing better to do then that's fine. However, this pattern hurts the overall experience of this phone undeniably. Unfortunately everyone I convinced to buy a Pre can't wait to get something else based on that alone.

"Think before I post"? I have every right to vent as you do to be a smartazz. Thanks though. I never said anything about devs lacking quality, I just was trying to suggest a less error proof way of enjoying this phone. We all don't have the skills to modify codes to our liking but we all must know how to "clean up the mess" when things go wrong.
    Everybody wants some!..
    @ Fresh guy

This patch works fine with my Pre. For you, it's conflicting with another patch. It has to be a patch that modifies the Launcher. Try uninstalling those and then try this patch. BTW, do you have any themes installed?

Again, great work SqyArc
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    I just did tell you whats not working. This patch. I have too many to delete one by one just to get one path to work.

I don't understand how they work so what? I have to do this like everyone else through trial and error and do not have the ability to go into codes and make them work just right like some of you can.

I have not donated to you but I have donated so don't get me wrong. I wasn't telling you personally to step it up. Have you not noticed the "I got an error" threads choking up the forums in the last little while? All the new Verizon people had to be caught up on all the many specifics that come with tweaking/patching etc. It's going to happen all over again when AT&T launches the Pre/Pixi and it will get worse count on it.

Some patches avail through PW have come with warnings that 'this is not compatible with that'. Why not make that a standard? That's all I was saying.

If one is to truly enjoy this phone to its full potential you have to follow the forums intensely just to stay on top of avoiding errors. If you have nothing better to do then that's fine. However, this pattern hurts the overall experience of this phone undeniably. Unfortunately everyone I convinced to buy a Pre can't wait to get something else based on that alone.

"Think before I post"? I have every right to vent as you do to be a smartazz. Thanks though. I never said anything about devs lacking quality, I just was trying to suggest a less error proof way of enjoying this phone. We all don't have the skills to modify codes to our liking but we all must know how to "clean up the mess" when things go wrong.
    I hear what you're saying, it is seriously confusing trying to keep on top of everythin going on even for us regular visitors. For newcomers & less enthusiastic people the errors must be a constant annoyance.

Sorry if I was short with you - I actually like the idea of having a compatibility list available - keeping it up to date would be an issue though.

Anyway, take a look at the compatibility list a few posts back & hopefully it might help you figure out where the conflict is.

SqyArc
    Nimer,
    You can uninstall it using WebOS Quick Install. Hit Tools - Device Management & then change the drop down box to 'Patches'. Just tick the patch & click uninstall

If you'd like I can make you a lighter version of the patch but I'm headed to bed now so it would be tomorrow.

Contact me by PM & I'll get back to you tomorrow
    pm sent saying yes.. I'm not in a hurry, so do it when ever you have the time.

thanks
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    pm sent saying yes.. I'm not in a hurry, so do it when ever you have the time.

thanks
    Thanks nim - I'll definitely do that tomorrow for you.
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    @ Fresh guy

This patch works fine with my Pre. For you, it's conflicting with another patch. It has to be a patch that modifies the Launcher. Try uninstalling those and then try this patch. BTW, do you have any themes installed?

Again, great work SqyArc
    That's an excellent point - this patch will conflict with many themes. It didn't occur to me since I never use themes.
    That's an excellent point - this patch will conflict with many themes. It didn't occur to me since I never use themes.
    I don't use themes either. It just seems a little tacky to me. I personally customize my Pre to how I like it Your launcher mod fits in great. I've decided to get back into modification and have already created a few patches for myself

edit-
    I just wanted to add that I still respect the work that you themers out there do. It does take alot of work to make a full theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I don't use themes either. It just seems a little tacky to me. I personally customize my Pre to how I like it Your launcher mod fits in great. I've decided to get back into modification and have already created a few patches for myself
    It will only interfere with themes if they include patches that affect the same files. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $unless$ $the$ $user$ $has$ $another$ $patch$ $that$ $touches$ $the$ $same$ $files$ ( $in$ $a$ $way$ $that$ $line$ $numbers$ $are$ $off$ ), $themes$ $should$ $not$ $affect$ $this$.
    Last edited by Veritas06; 04/25/2010 at 07:39 PM. Reason: I was in the wrong thread...
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast