Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

Please help me figure this out because it's driving me nuts

Here's a picture of what WebOS splash screens are currently like:

Here is a photoshop mockup of what I'd like them to look like:

I've been playing around changing various CSS styles and .png files, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I'm half-way through building a patch that replaces all of the ugly grey menus of WebOS to this slightly sexier dark glass look.

Any help would be very much appreciated
    SqyArc
    In my theme I made them transparent by editing /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/loading-card-scrim.png
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    In my theme I made them transparent by editing /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/loading-card-scrim.png
    Wow, I had no idea it was stored there - thanks a lot for the info, I will try it out
    What resolution do you use? would 320x480 work? or does it even matter?
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Wow, I had no idea it was stored there - thanks a lot for the info, I will try it out
    Please do, I think a patch like this could work really well in addition to my grayscale bevel 3d theme, so I'm looking forward to what you come up with patch-wise.
    some apps also have there own splash cards.
  7.    #7  
    Osiris: Not too worried about resolution at this point, just need to find the appropriate files to edit.

Nightburn: Indeed, I'm keen to let developers use their own splashscreens if they want to, so nothing I do will affect that.
  8.    #8  
    Does anyone know where the CSS file is that points to /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/loading-card-scrim.png is?
    Does anyone know where the CSS file is that points to /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/loading-card-scrim.png is?
    I have the entire WebOS 1.4.1.1 Doctor Image extracted onto my computer. I did a text search within all css files (*.css) for "loading-card-scrim.png" and nothing was found.

I then searched all files and it appears the only place "loading-card-scrim.png" is referenced is within the "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" file. Not editable, low level. So it seems all you can really do is modify the image itself.

Other images and css worth editing are located here (although, I believe they're webos version specific):
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/images
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets

Hope this helps. !
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    I have the entire WebOS 1.4.1.1 Doctor Image extracted onto my computer. I did a text search within all css files (*.css) for "loading-card-scrim.png" and nothing was found.

I then searched all files and it appears the only place "loading-card-scrim.png" is referenced is within the "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" file. Not editable, low level. So it seems all you can really do is modify the image itself.

Other images and css worth editing are located here (although, I believe they're webos version specific):
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets

Hope this helps. !
    Nightburn, I really appreciate all your help. I'll keep playing and see if I can come up with something cool.
  11.    #11  
    Scratch that, Nightburn I ****ing love you. This is exactly what I was looking for. THANKS
    Lol, are you sexting me? Glad I could help

Here are some screenshots of what I'm working on, the next version of blackcomb heavily modifies those files:
    browser_2010-22-04_123126.png
    messaging_2010-22-04_122924.png
  13.    #13  
    Looks nice, I like it

Unfortunately I am discovering that the Device Menu doesn't seem to be capable of being transparent which is a shame
    Looks nice, I like it

Unfortunately I am discovering that the Device Menu doesn't seem to be capable of being transparent which is a shame
    I think it is. You just need to make these images more transparent:
    system-menu-background.png
    system-menu-background-solid.png
    system-menu-background-wide.png
    system-menu-drawer-arrows.png
    system-menu-fade-bottom.png
    system-menu-fade-bottom-solid.png
    system-menu-fade-top.png
    system-menu-fade-top-solid.png
    system-menu-list-separator.png
    system-menu-section-divider.png
    system-menu-selection-gradient.png
    system-menu-selection-gradient-default.png
    system-menu-selection-gradient-first.png
    system-menu-selection-gradient-last.png
    Nightburn, you seem to know a decent amount about which files affect what, so I'll ask you this:

In my theme I've gotten the App Menu to show without obscuring what's behind it by making the correct file transparent. Do you remember which file I can edit to do the same for the Device Menu like you have in that screenshot?
  16.    #16  
    Ahh, so that's how you're doing it - I've been editing the CSS directly and trying to change the elements using code. It's easier to deploy as a patch if I do it that way. If I truly have run into a brick wall then I'll try it your way
    nightburn,

you are the png master...
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Nightburn, you seem to know a decent amount about which files affect what, so I'll ask you this:

In my theme I've gotten the App Menu to show without obscuring what's behind it by making the correct file transparent. Do you remember which file I can edit to do the same for the Device Menu like you have in that screenshot?
    Yes the files I referenced in post #14, they're located here:
    Ahh, so that's how you're doing it - I've been editing the CSS directly and trying to change the elements using code. It's easier to deploy as a patch if I do it that way. If I truly have run into a brick wall then I'll try it your way
    Try editing global-menus.css and add opacity values to some of the CSS. If that doesn't work you're left with modifying PNGs directly..
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Yes the files I referenced in post #14, they're located here:
    Well those are to make the actual menu itself transparent. I'm talking about the scrim that loads behind the menu when it drops down. Making it transparent makes the menu act more like a windows menu, I'm just not sure which file affects the background behind the device menu. I was able to get it done for the App Menu though.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast