Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Hey Dan,

Are you trying to scrim this or change the opacity?

Could you post the code you are using so I can see how you are doing this?

I have the .css for the appname-background,png
    Hello mate,

I was trying to do it via the CSS code so that I could deploy it more easily as a patch - I've been fiddling with various CSS files, but this is the closest I could come to achieving it. I think that replacing the scrim pngs might be the best way.

I've attached what I got so far - the colours are a bit messed up, but basically it is a fully transparant black/grey top layer with a solid white scrim behind it which I can't control.

I warn you this patch is screwed (but it does install cleanly)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    BTW if you are planning on scrimming these then feel free to use the scrims folder used for my scrims as i think quite a few people here already have that folder!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Ok i see what you are doing!

there might be some things that are unobtainable due to the access palm has given us to some lower level stuff.

Basically you have the choice to (if capable) do what you already started and modify the code for the desired look. might not have access to some events!

you could relocate where WebOs looks for the image (this is what Ive done) by changing the location in the appropriate .css. still might not have the access you need!

The other option is to create a theme where you can create actual images and change them using a .theme. You also have the option of doing a theme / a patch file embedded to use the code youve already been able to find.

the appname-background.png .css is located here:

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css around line 80 or so!

Also what are you using to access the .css? WinScp? Not command line i hope?

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

@2sslow

I'm using WinScp but I also find having a local copy of the WebOS Doctor image extracted on my hard drive helps greatly.

appname-background.png is only the arrow. I'm still looking for the elusive button that the arrow sits on top of.
    Could you tell me what app the arrow and button you refer to are in?

Ive had a long day and my day job and my night hobby are starting to run together. lol

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Could you tell me what app the arrow and button you refer to are in?

Ive had a long day and my day job and my night hobby are starting to run together. lol
    I'm talking about the app menu that is in all apps, top left corner of the screen in the top bar with the clock.

I've successfully skinned the arrow, but I can't find the background pill, button looking image.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    In my theme I made them transparent by editing /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/loading-card-scrim.png
    I'm having issues changing the transparency with this file - I'm trying to get a semi transparent look to the scrim and I end up getting what you see below. Basically a thick, less-transparent, outline around the center of the scrim.

Do you have any ideas on what's going on here?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by solarus; 04/22/2010 at 10:32 PM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by nightburn View Post
    @2sslow

i'm using winscp but i also find having a local copy of the webos doctor image extracted on my hard drive helps greatly.

Appname-background.png is only the arrow. I'm still looking for the elusive button that the arrow sits on top of.
    this one
    appname-background.png
    appname-background 2.png
    Last edited by warlord9159; 04/22/2010 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    I'm having issues changing the transparency with this file - I'm trying to get a semi transparent look to the scrim and I end up getting what you see below. Basically a thick, less-transparent, outline around the center of the scrim.

Do you have any ideas on what's going on here?
    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/card-shadow-tile.png
    card-shadow-tile.png
    do you need a color or transparent one
    Last edited by warlord9159; 04/22/2010 at 11:16 PM.

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    card-shadow-tile.png
    I'm looking to do a black 70% transparency so the location of the file will get me there. Huge thanks warlord.
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    I'm looking to do a black 70% transparency so the location of the file will get me there. Huge thanks warlord.
    glad i could help

card-shadow-tile.png
    Making this transparent along with the loading-card-scrim and as many 256x256 icons as possible allows for absolutely nothing to show between clicking an icon and the application loading.

I love it!

edit: in fact, I may start returning visible 256x256 icons to my theme, as they look a lot better alone than they do with a card or drop shadow behind them.
    uh ya, so where is it ?
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/images/appname-background.png
    appname-background sizeed up.png

i just added color over the transparent part

wow, i didn't even notice that the pill was actually in the background - very subtle. i was editing the right file all along. thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    wow, i didn't even notice that the pill was actually in the background - very subtle. i was editing the right file all along. thanks!
    np

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123