Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

That's how it looks with the PNGs blackened and set to 60% opacity. What do you guys think, too transparent?
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Well those are to make the actual menu itself transparent. I'm talking about the scrim that loads behind the menu when it drops down. Making it transparent makes the menu act more like a windows menu, I'm just not sure which file affects the background behind the device menu. I was able to get it done for the App Menu though.
    um? i'm pretty sure it's these:
    system-menu-background.png
    system-menu-background-solid.png
    system-menu-background-wide.png

The system css uses those 3 to draw the main background portion of all menus throughout the system.
    anyone know which file to edit for the app title background pill in the upper left of the topbar? I'm having a heck of a time finding it.
    Sorry I don't think I am explaining myself clearly.

What I am referring to is not the background of the menu itself, which is what those files reference.

I am referring to how with the stock theme, opening a menu loads a scrim behind the menu which usually obscures whatever is behind the menu, across the entire screen. You have a screenshot posted above which shows your device menu open, but you can also see your quick launch clearly behind it.

As you can see in my screenshot, I was able to get it to work with the App Menus, as opening them does not obscure the launcher behind it on any part of the screen like it normally would, but I am not sure which scrim relates to the device menu.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    anyone know which file to edit for the app title background pill in the upper left of the topbar? I'm having a heck of a time finding it.
    Yeah, I changed that by accident earlier today. I think it was in /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Sorry I don't think I am explaining myself clearly.

What I am referring to is not the background of the menu itself, which is what those files reference.

I am referring to how with the stock theme, opening a menu loads a scrim behind the menu which usually obscures whatever is behind the menu, across the entire screen. You have a screenshot posted above which shows your device menu open, but you can also see your quick launch clearly behind it.

As you can see in my screenshot, I was able to get it to work with the App Menus, as opening them does not obscure the launcher behind it on any part of the screen like it normally would, but I am not sure which scrim relates to the device menu.
    I understand now, I think this could be your answer:
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/images/scrim.png

I haven't modified that file myself. It's an illusion in my screenshot.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Yeah, I changed that by accident earlier today. I think it was in /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/
    either I'm blind or it's not there, which specific file please
    If I'm not mistaken that's the file I made transparent to get it to work on the App Menus.

The device menu still eludes me. I have a couple ideas though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    either I'm blind or it's not there, which specific file please
    Yeah I can't find it either.
    One other file that's eluding me is the fade on the bottom of the messaging app's first screen.

Anyone know?
    Someone released a patch that finally removed that fade and the fade on the Contacts app that I wasn't able to get rid of no matter what I did. I believe it was pretty recent.

I'm also trying to figure out what /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/images/background-scrim.png is used for. I wish I wrote more things down...
    Well, one of my ideas got me close:

I have the transparent top bar patch installed, which has you put a copy of your wallpaper as /media/internal/scrims/statusbar-scrim.png. I made that transparent and now when I open the device menu I get a solid gray background. Not sure why that is but it's a start.
  12.    #32  
    Tobias: I'm also now on the hunt for this backgroud scrim that hides behind the device menu - let me know if you find anything I will report here if I do
    @tobias
    another scrim you may want to modify if you haven't already:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/images/scrim.png
    The bottom fade in the messaging app is one of these files:
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/images/command-menu-gradient.png
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/images/command-menu-gradient-white.png
    I'm not finished with my testing, but I'm almost positive the device menu stuff is done in systemui.css. Fingers crossed.
    So yeah the only reason my Device Menu was obscuring anything was because of the top bar scrim translucent patch. I'm seeing if I can muck around with it enough to get both, but right now it doesn't seem like it. :-(
  17.    #37  
    I've been working solidly on this too. I just can't control that scrim behind the device menu. Grrrrr.
    I'm almost positive it's /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/images/scrim.png just like the other menus. Should be a tall thin bar you can just make translucent.

My device menu now works transparently as long as I uninstall the top bar translucency patch, which adds a weird hack to systemui.css that creates a sub background for the phone to be able to function as advertised.
    Do you guys have any more ideas on how to change the Application Menu pill? I found the arrow and I've looked everywhere for the pill.

The arrow is here:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/images/appname-background.png
    Hey Dan,

Are you trying to scrim this or change the opacity?

Could you post the code you are using so I can see how you are doing this?

I have the .css for the appname-background,png
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast