Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    how about we all just accept with faith and conviction that that sym, orange and P will capture. as it does every single time. sure the confirmation would be nice, but why do we need so many icons and confirmations to tell us that something got done?

not sure about anyone else but i find it completely unobtrusive when the notification "Selection Copied" slides up and down after doing the meta + C gesture -- plus it's hard to have faith and conviction in the top corner of my thumbs which are used to search out individual keys that's why i think it'd be great to have a 2-button combo since the orange+sym+P isn't the easiest of combos to press simultaneously (but beggars can't be choosers, i know! )

and if it was a sound/vibrate confirmation it would prob be like the notification for receiving a text msg - again, IMO, unobtrusive....i'd be happy with either confirmation method......i'm just glad to see this thread is still alive - i had chalked it up to not-possible!!
    especially when you are trying to capture an error (like I was this morning with the FB app), and when I switched to photos to make sure I hit the right keys, the error would drop so I had to replicate the error again..... didn't get the screen shot cuz I ran outta time to mess with it....
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Originally Posted by NABRIL15
    how about we all just accept with faith and conviction that that sym, orange and P will capture. as it does every single time. sure the confirmation would be nice, but why do we need so many icons and confirmations to tell us that something got done?
    Wait, what!! This is what we like WebOS for. The ability to get notifications while doing other things. Plus a confirmation removes 3 or 4 steps that the user would have to take to verify the picture was taken. Pull up launcher - scroll to and open picture app - scroll to screen capture folder- and open.

Quote Originally Posted by econdor View Post
    not sure about anyone else but i find it completely unobtrusive when the notification "Selection Copied" slides up and down after doing the meta + C gesture -- plus it's hard to have faith and conviction in the top corner of my thumbs which are used to search out individual keys that's why i think it'd be great to have a 2-button combo since the orange+sym+P isn't the easiest of combos to press simultaneously (but beggars can't be choosers, i know! )

and if it was a sound/vibrate confirmation it would prob be like the notification for receiving a text msg - again, IMO, unobtrusive....i'd be happy with either confirmation method......i'm just glad to see this thread is still alive - i had chalked it up to not-possible!!
    I second this. I cant say I need this but because I have used screen capture in the past. I found it annoying not knowing that the pic was captured. Beggars cant be chooser but we damn sure have the right to ask for something that WebOS should be able to deliver on.
    I also had the problem of multiple screen shots - up to 9 at a time! And I kept checking, like everyone else. I finally started pressing and holding the orange/white + sym keys at the same time, then very quickly pressing (tapping?) the P, then letting all go. I consistently got one shot only, and I just started trusting that it took. I was usually right. But yes, I agree, some sort of visual/audio confirmation would be nice.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    +1
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajamin24 View Post
    Wait, what!! This is what we like WebOS for. The ability to get notifications while doing other things. Plus a confirmation removes 3 or 4 steps that the user would have to take to verify the picture was taken. Pull up launcher - scroll to and open picture app - scroll to screen capture folder- and open.

I second this. I cant say I need this but because I have used screen capture in the past. I found it annoying not knowing that the pic was captured. Beggars cant be chooser but we damn sure have the right to ask for something that WebOS should be able to deliver on.

Well said @Ajamin! Does anyone (developers) know if this is even a possibility...or has anyone tried to create this patch yet?? I'd like to give it a shot myself but i can't imagine getting too far considering i think that SDK & PDK are japanese-made baseball gloves and that I define an IPKG file as an "ip-kig" - with conviction of course!
    Last edited by econdor; 07/10/2010 at 01:10 AM. Reason: typo
  7. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Bump.

I'd be happy for anything to serve as a confirmation. Playing a sound (system sound or shutter sound) should a quick and easy one but this idea of having a notification along the bottom sounds cool too!
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    I too would like this option
    if you keep your photo app open to the screen capture folder, and you will see it show up as confirmation...
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    figured i throw this hat in the ring again and see what happens...

in summary, the requested patch would be to confirm that a screen capture was actually 'captured' - either by showing a notification (like we currently get for battery charging, selection copied, etc ....and/or.... by playing a (preferably) customizable notification sound as confirmation. Can this be done??
    ~P.Sout
    i would donate for this!
    I would totally use that. Maybe like a camera flash once the capture has been made. Idk...
    Let the idea, sound would be just as good!

I have multiple screen captures because as with everyone, I'm never sure if it took!

+1

Rob
  14. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I imagine this is a simple thing to work out, not sure why it cant get any traction with the patch creating crowd.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Screen capture feature isn't exposed through a Palm service.
    We can't get to it at this time. Hopefully it will open in 2.0 but I doubt it.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

too bad. This is a good patch idea.
    Sorry.
    Man, I looked for two days and could not find any reference to it in any .jsjsjs $files$.
    So I went to the Dev forums and found out its not open to us.

If someone could make a script to look for a captured image in the "Screen Captures" folder and give a pop-up after every capture.
    That could be a way around this limitation.
    I'm not that good at this kind of stuff and I don't know if that can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Screen capture feature isn't exposed through a Palm service.
    We can't get to it at this time. Hopefully it will open in 2.0 but I doubt it.
    ?
    This can't be true many apps use screen capture

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast