Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I would love to see a patch that allows me to hold one finger on the gesture pad and then scroll left and right to move the cursor in text fields.
    Basically, replacing the Orange key. Doing things with the gesture just seems more WebOS to me.

Also, it would be great if there is a way to differentiate between the left and right side of the gesture pad. Then maybe a left gesture and scrolling would move the cursor (orange + scroll) and a right gesture and scroll would highlight (shift+scroll).

Thanks!
    Nice idea but surely if you are editing text you will need to open the keyboard anyway.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    that's true, but I just feel it's more natural and unified using the gesture pad.
    +1

When I first picked up the phone in the store i tried moving the cursor this way...it wasn't till later that I figured out I have to hold the orange key.

Also, I sometimes use the on-screen keyboard, so you don't always need the keyboard open to edit the text...
    I didnt know the orange key did that!!! i am going to use that all the time... But the hold and scroll would be nice as well. I am very annoyed i didnt know the orange key did that before..

Dr.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    dr,
    did you know about shift scroll?

enjoy
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    bump