Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I didn't read this entire thread, but is the update that is compatible with the "allways hide quick launch bar " coming to preware? Because the one there isn't compatible.

other then that, I really like it. Thanks! ta couple things that would be cool tho: a version with the menu all the way to the left, and the ability for it to only work with one of my calenders that I designate, or to mobe between calenders to view each of my family members'.
    sconix - thanks for this list of poss patch conflicts. i deleted all of the ones i was using from your list and was finally able to install the today menu patch. it was recommended on palmcast and i tried everything to install with no luck till now.

awesome! thank you. i will try reinstalling the removed patches one at a time till i get an error to see which one is REALLY fighting with the patch
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Anyway to change the background from gray? There is a patch (Glass Effect Launcher) that changes the launcher background from gray to a very semi-transparent black that looks wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by aric View Post
    Anyway to change the background from gray? There is a patch (Glass Effect Launcher) that changes the launcher background from gray to a very semi-transparent black that looks wonderful.
    I think the appearance changes should be part of themes. At least that what I have done for my theme. Nothing prevents someone to making a patch that would alter the background of today menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I didn't read this entire thread, but is the update that is compatible with the "allways hide quick launch bar " coming to preware? Because the one there isn't compatible.

other then that, I really like it. Thanks! ta couple things that would be cool tho: a version with the menu all the way to the left, and the ability for it to only work with one of my calenders that I designate, or to mobe between calenders to view each of my family members'.
    Yes the updated patch will make its way to Preware. I most likely will be creating the patch during next weekend so expect it to hit the Preware in the following week.

At some point I might add configuration options into the calendar preferences that will modify the today menu (e.g. select the calendar etc.), but not at least for the next version. Nothing prevents someone for creating a patch that moves the today menu to the left, but I keep it on center since the mode menu that I use will take the left area.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Sconix great work! Will you start a new thead or add the updated patch to this thread?
    I can try to remember to post the info also in this thread, but mainly I will publish new versions in my Mode Switcher thread since the patches were created as part of development of MS and many of the patch users are following that thread. The updated versions of the patches should hit Preware on week 19.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I think the appearance changes should be part of themes. At least that what I have done for my theme. Nothing prevents someone to making a patch that would alter the background of today menu.
    Thanks for the reply. I totally agree with your statement.
    Last edited by aric; 05/03/2010 at 01:10 AM.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Amazing patch but definitely need to get those icons back. I'm missing Bluetooth and Wifi (although I get wifi icon back when I'm not in EVDO). The only patch I have working in the top bar is battery percent.

Great...and I mean GREAT work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Amazing patch but definitely need to get those icons back. I'm missing Bluetooth and Wifi (although I get wifi icon back when I'm not in EVDO). The only patch I have working in the top bar is battery percent.

Great...and I mean GREAT work.
    Thanks, the icons not showing will definitely be fixed in next release. I wanted to use the already existing areas for clicking areas so thats why I adjusted the width of those areas, but it seems that I need to create separate click areas on top of the already existing icon etc. areas so then there is no need for my patch to touch the width of those existing areas. And when I think of it of course I should have done it this way just wanted to optimize the amount of changes made by the patch
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    This is an amazing patch...Great work sconix. Many thanks.
    This is a great patch and needs its own thread that does not start with "Problems"
    There is now separate thread for my system menus patches:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...29#post2427829

I will post upcoming versions on that thread and suggestions for advancements are also welcomed.
    so I ended up putting the mode menu on my phone too, but I don't know if I want so many menus. Just as an idea, what if there was a version of the today menu that you couldn't tap/flick the center of the top bar for? What if it showed wile I hold the gesture area (meta tap) in card view? Maybe without the scroll animation.
    Thanks for opening a new thread for the patch! Highly appreciate since I tend to search for stuff I previously found over and over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    so I ended up putting the mode menu on my phone too, but I don't know if I want so many menus. Just as an idea, what if there was a version of the today menu that you couldn't tap/flick the center of the top bar for? What if it showed wile I hold the gesture area (meta tap) in card view? Maybe without the scroll animation.
    Not bad idea, but for now the most obvious place was the date/time. Maybe in future today menu has some configuration options lets see
    cool
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345