Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I'll release updated versions of three patches most likely in the end of next week. The changes that I'll do for next release:

Hide quick launch:

- ability to set hide quick launch only in app launcher or everywhere

System menus framework:

- wider icons area on top bar
    - make it so that it wont edit systemui.css

Today menu:

- a bit smaller font for event names.
    - special handling of weather forecast in google calendar
    - ability to view through more days (upto to a week)
    - maybe a ability to view event end time lets see if can figure out a nice way

If I missed something very important then let me know
    Those changes to the Today patch sound great Sconix! How will the weather work in the Today menu?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I can hardly wait!
    I'll release updated versions of three patches most likely in the end of next week. The changes that I'll do for next release:

Hide quick launch:

- ability to set hide quick launch only in app launcher or everywhere

System menus framework:

- wider icons area on top bar
    - make it so that it wont edit systemui.css

Today menu:

- a bit smaller font for event names.
    - special handling of weather forecast in google calendar
    - ability to view through more days (upto to a week)
    - maybe a ability to view event end time lets see if can figure out a nice way

If I missed something very important then let me know
    If you could add the feature of being able to click on the date and it will open the calendar app to the current date? That would make it 100% for me + any of your other additions....!

Thanks for this great patch, can't wait for next version of mode switcher!

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    I think it would be cool if events that already occurred in the day didn't show up, or perhaps preferably, showed up grayed out...
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    Those changes to the Today patch sound great Sconix! How will the weather work in the Today menu?
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    If you could add the feature of being able to click on the date and it will open the calendar app to the current date? That would make it 100% for me + any of your other additions....!

Thanks for this great patch, can't wait for next version of mode switcher!

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    I think it would be cool if events that already occurred in the day didn't show up, or perhaps preferably, showed up grayed out...
    Not sure yet how I handle the weather events provided by the google calendar. I was thinking that at least I will group them differently from the normal all day events and maybe place teh temperature in the right margin with gray text as the starting times of the events.

Good idea to set teh calendar open from the date also. Will add that too in the next version.

And yes the events that have gone should not be shown and that was one the todo list also, just did not remember to put it on the published list And I think they should not be displayed insetad of graying out since some people have lots of events so hiding past events will help and I don't think it is so useful to quickly be able to see your past events so no need to gray out them.
    Not sure yet how I handle the weather events provided by the google calendar. I was thinking that at least I will group them differently from the normal all day events and maybe place teh temperature in the right margin with gray text as the starting times of the events.

Good idea to set teh calendar open from the date also. Will add that too in the next version.

And yes the events that have gone should not be shown and that was one the todo list also, just did not remember to put it on the published list And I think they should not be displayed insetad of graying out since some people have lots of events so hiding past events will help and I don't think it is so useful to quickly be able to see your past events so no need to gray out them.
    i would love if u can reconsider putting the gryed out past events. sometimes, when you are busy and dont look at your phone and miss an event, but see it afterwards(greyed out) u remmembered u missed it.
    thanks
    Maybe you could have a section for past events that would expand if pressed?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    i would love if u can reconsider putting the gryed out past events. sometimes, when you are busy and dont look at your phone and miss an event, but see it afterwards(greyed out) u remmembered u missed it.
    thanks
    How about if I do it so that I keep track of when you have watched the events (watched the menu). So grayed out events are shown only once and then no more? This would do both save the space automatically, but still show the past events once which should be enough I think since you could still edit the event at that point and move it to back to future or let it be and it would get dismissed from the list next time.
    How about if I do it so that I keep track of when you have watched the events (watched the menu). So grayed out events are shown only once and then no more? This would do both save the space automatically, but still show the past events once which should be enough I think since you could still edit the event at that point and move it to back to future or let it be and it would get dismissed from the list next time.
    amazing idea. thanks for working with us for the best resoult for everyone. greatly appriciated.
    any eta for this?
    First of all, a big thank you to the dev of this great patch - its one of my top 3 patches now (and I have 45).

Just a few issues:

1. My time disappeared from the top menu.

2. For the date, I have the DD-MMM-YY patch. However, after installing the Today Patch, it shows as "DD-MMM-" without year - so basically, today's date is shown as 24-Apr-

I will definitely keep the patch even if these issues are unresolved - its just a little hard to find the time on my phone now - have to switch display off and on, or go to the clock.

Would be great if dev can build in date (DD-MMM) and time in the same patch.
    Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Treo 180 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Palm Pre (busted) -> iPhone4 (awesome) + iPad
    Quote Originally Posted by VikramPune View Post
    First of all, a big thank you to the dev of this great patch - its one of my top 3 patches now (and I have 45).

Just a few issues:

2. For the date, I have the DD-MMM-YY patch. However, after installing the Today Patch, it shows as "DD-MMM-" without year - so basically, today's date is shown as 24-Apr-

I will definitely keep the patch even if these issues are unresolved - its just a little hard to find the time on my phone now - have to switch display off and on, or go to the clock.

The next version will try to fix this. Although not sure if I am able to make it in a way that all those date / time patches will work, but let see. The reason is anyway that my patch modifies the size of those date / icon areas on the top bar. I will try to alter the patch in a way that it would not need to do that. So most likely the date patch pushed your clock out of the area that is visible and maybe the next version works with your patch so that the time fits.

But the date showing in top bar I won't add as part of the patch since it would not work for everybody anyway. Some people have that many icons in top bar that there just ain't enough room for date + time. And I don't see the usefulnes since you can always see the date with one click + it shows when your phone is locked. And at least I don't need to know which date is that often and when I do I most likely want to see the calendar too so I would click the today menu anyway
    My first suggestion for the next version is to make the font smaller (maybe the same size as the device menu. The second one is to let the long text roll automatically in one line. I am not sure how hard it is.

I must say a big thank you because it is really useful.

It works with the weather in Google calendar. But the text is too long. I used weather underground one in Google calendar and it is better than the one provided by Google calendar.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fengfengw View Post
    My first suggestion for the next version is to make the font smaller (maybe the same size as the device menu. The second one is to let the long text roll automatically in one line. I am not sure how hard it is.

I must say a big thank you because it is really useful.

It works with the weather in Google calendar. But the text is too long. I used weather underground one in Google calendar and it is better than the one provided by Google calendar.
    Yes, things that you mentioned are fixed in next version (see my post about the upcoming changes few posts back). Good to known that there are other weather calendars too so might add a special support for them also.
    Quote Originally Posted by VikramPune View Post

Just a few issues:

I had the same problem. Uninstalled the DD-MMM-YY patch and installed the date as carrier string patch. Now it works fine, and the patch is actually better -- hss the day as well as date and year.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    How do you get the weather updates in the menu bar? is that a different patch?

I love this patch by the way. Thanks!
    Will this update have theme compatability? This patch seems really top notch but I have to get rid of my theme to get it to install.... Fingers crossed!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jpizzadude View Post
    Will this update have theme compatability? This patch seems really top notch but I have to get rid of my theme to get it to install.... Fingers crossed!!
    The new version that I try to get out next week should be more compatible with themes.
    Quote Originally Posted by crollner View Post
    How do you get the weather updates in the menu bar? is that a different patch?

I love this patch by the way. Thanks!
    At least google calendar has ability to add weather events.
    This is a fantastic patch. Many thanks.
    Sconix great work! Will you start a new thead or add the updated patch to this thread?
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast