Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by viddywell View Post
    Just click the date in the center of the top bar
    so when u click the top bar, i cant see the blutooth, airplane mode and wifi buttons on your screenshot. am i missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    so when u click the top bar, i cant see the blutooth, airplane mode and wifi buttons on your screenshot. am i missing something?
    The system menus patch alters the top bar in the sense that it can now have 3 menus. One that is opened pressing the left corner (currently only Mode menu patch creates menu there, but other menu patches could be made). The today menu will be available when clicking the center of top bar (time). And the device menu (holds the bluetooth etc). Can still be accessed by pressing the right corner of top bar.
    When i have this patch installed it works great but my data connection(whether 3g or wifi symbol) is gone..it maybe due to ether the ringer switch icon patch or the battery percent patch but i would love if they could make these patches compatible..
    That's strange...I have the rotated battery & percent, ringer switch, and more top bar patches and they all work, I can see data connection.
    Glad to see the patch is updated and working now. Very cool patch!

I also no longer see my bluetooth or wifi icons in the top bar.
    I see my data connection bars icon, the ringer switch off icon, and the battery w/percent icon.

When I toggle my ringer switch on, the wifi icon appears, when I toggle it off, it goes away.

Here are the patches that I believe affect the top bar. Could they be conflicting?

- Battery Icon and Percent
    - Device Menu Remix with Flashlight
    - Fahrenheit Temperature with Battery in Device
    - Ringer Switch Icon
    and of course
    - System Menu Initial Framework
    - System Menu Today Menu

Other than the icons missing, this is a really cool patch! Keep up the great work.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Great patch! I like the ease and speed of its use. I know there are more pressing priorities, but when it's to get back to this patch, I hope the following points are considered.

1)I would like to see some way of viewing the end time for appointments. When an event is tapped maybe it could flash (while your finger is on it) a popup to show the full beginning and ending time of the appointment and then a choice to go to the calendar entry like it does now. It would be even better to add an additional choice in the popup to make a new calendar entry.

2)I wouldn't mind a few more days displayed, but I assume the more days you add the more it might slow down, and I would not want that.

Thanks for listening!
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    Great patch! I like the ease and speed of its use. I know there are more pressing priorities, but when it's to get back to this patch, I hope the following points are considered.

1)I would like to see some way of viewing the end time for appointments. When an event is tapped maybe it could flash (while your finger is on it) a popup to show the full beginning and ending time of the appointment and then a choice to go to the calendar entry like it does now. It would be even better to add an additional choice in the popup to make a new calendar entry.

2)I wouldn't mind a few more days displayed, but I assume the more days you add the more it might slow down, and I would not want that.

Thanks for listening!
    Good ideas, thanks.

For those that have missing top bar icons it is because the patch narrows down the top bar area where the icons are. For next release I will widen the area bit more so hopefully all your icons fit.
    i still get an error:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
    3 38814 3 1170 0 0 600 0 0:01:04 0:00:01 0:01:03 4465
    72 38814 72 28302 0 0 10214 0 0:00:03 0:00:02 0:00:01 26084
    100 38814 100 38814 0 0 12840 0 0:00:03 0:00:03 --:--:-- 29030
    install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework (1.4.1-9) to root...
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework (1.4.1-9) to root...
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.postinst)
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

sconix?
    i still get an error:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
    3 38814 3 1170 0 0 600 0 0:01:04 0:00:01 0:01:03 4465
    72 38814 72 28302 0 0 10214 0 0:00:03 0:00:02 0:00:01 26084
    100 38814 100 38814 0 0 12840 0 0:00:03 0:00:03 --:--:-- 29030
    install
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.postinst)
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

sconix?
    The only patches from webos-internals feed that modify that file are (not saying these conflicts with the patch but it is possible haven't tested every one of them):

top-bar-battery-percent-and-icon-white-red-teal.patch
    top-bar-battery-percent-and-icon-white.patch
    top-bar-battery-percent-and-icon.patch
    top-bar-battery-percent-as-icon-white.patch
    top-bar-battery-percent-as-icon.patch
    top-bar-increase-font-size-17-aqua.patch
    top-bar-increase-font-size-17-green.patch
    top-bar-increase-font-size-17-navy.patch
    top-bar-increase-font-size-17.patch
    top-bar-increase-font-size-18-aqua.patch
    top-bar-increase-font-size-18-green.patch
    top-bar-increase-font-size-18-navy.patch
    top-bar-increase-font-size-18.patch
    top-bar-replace-evdo-icon-with-4g-icon.patch
    top-bar-scrim-translucent.patch

If you don't have any of them installed and no theme installed that could modify that systemui.css file I think it is safe to restore that file using, for example, webos repair utility.
    did the restore. worked like a charm. finally. WOW.thank you.

btw, adding more days would be so great. thanks.
    Last edited by ericizzy1; 04/22/2010 at 03:03 PM.
    tried to restore systemui.css and got "file not found in webos doctor"
    any suggestions?
    Did you gave the full path I think it needs that.
    (/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css)

If you have WOSQI (menus have receive file option) it would not be a bad idea to take a backup of that file that if it happens that you still have some patch etc. installed that won't uninstall since that file has changed then you are able to recover. But since I taken you have already looked through your patches it should not be the case.
    now, i cant install any theme. does anyone know of a way to install a theme that works with this? thanks
    now, i cant install any theme. does anyone know of a way to install a theme that works with this? thanks
    Is it really that common that themes edit that file? I though maybe one or two themes modify that file. If it really is that common I have to see if I could go around modifying that file with the next patch. For example it should be possible for me to introduce a new file that overrides the settings in that file so it would not prevent installation of themes that modify that file.
    This is such a cool patch! I love it!
    Great job!!!!!!!! This is for anyone who uses their calendar!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Is it really that common that themes edit that file? I though maybe one or two themes modify that file. If it really is that common I have to see if I could go around modifying that file with the next patch. For example it should be possible for me to introduce a new file that overrides the settings in that file so it would not prevent installation of themes that modify that file.
    yep, this would be great.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    First let me say, sconix, you've done it again! This is a GREAT patch! This is a great addition to my Pre!

My only regret is that I had to uninstall Jason's "hide quicklaunch bar' patch in order to make it work.

That is a major bummer because I really like to have full view of my screen.

I know you have said you are planning to encoporate that feature into a future patch. The quicklaunch bar might just annoy me too much. I may just have to uninstall this patch and wait patiently.

Again - my highest praise!! I'll be looking to donate again.

McKay
    had to delete this. cant get themes to work with it. thanks
    I'll release updated versions of three patches most likely in the end of next week. The changes that I'll do for next release:

Hide quick launch:

- ability to set hide quick launch only in app launcher or everywhere

System menus framework:

- wider icons area on top bar
    - make it so that it wont edit systemui.css

Today menu:

- a bit smaller font for event names.
    - special handling of weather forecast in google calendar
    - ability to view through more days (upto to a week)
    - maybe a ability to view event end time lets see if can figure out a nice way

If I missed something very important then let me know
    This is a cool patch!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast