Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Sorry about the bad first version. I am the culprit for that, I just forgot to add the actual menu files in to the patch. Was not aware that WebOS takes it that badly. For the future it is very rarely the case that you need doctoring just see the author information of the patch and contact that person. At least I would have helped through the process of reverting the patch install without doctoring.

Anyway the new versions are now in the feed and they include all the files so no more problems should arise. And sorry one more time for those that needed to doctor because of this.
    hi. just tried it (today patch) and i get an install error...
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hi. just tried it (today patch) and i get an install error...
    I'm getting this:

install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework (1.4.1-9) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....4.1-9_all.ipk
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework
    unlock
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    1 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    lock
    Nothing Interesting.
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework from root...
    failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution

Can anyone assist in remedying this problem? Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    I'm getting this:

install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework (1.4.1-9) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....4.1-9_all.ipk
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework
    unlock
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    1 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    lock
    Nothing Interesting.
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework from root...
    failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution

Can anyone assist in remedying this problem? Thanks in advance!
    It just means that there is some patch that is conflicting with my patch. I am unaware of any that conflicts with the initial framework patch so if you find the culprit patch please tell. It is most likely some other top bar related patch.
    It just means that there is some patch that is conflicting with my patch. I am unaware of any that conflicts with the initial framework patch so if you find the culprit patch please tell. It is most likely some other top bar related patch.
    interesting. the only top bar patches I have installed are add date - mm/dd and advanced phone menu.
    interesting. the only top bar patches I have installed are add date - mm/dd and advanced phone menu.
    Hmm then it is not them, but there are few patches in other categores too that modify bar-assistant.jsjsjs. $For$ $example$ $one$ $is$ $the$ $hide$ $quick$ $launch$ $patch$ $from$ $app$-$launcher$ $patches$.
    Hmm then it is not them, but there are few patches in other categores too that modify bar-assistant.jsjsjs. $For$ $example$ $one$ $is$ $the$ $hide$ $quick$ $launch$ $patch$ $from$ $app$-$launcher$ $patches$.
    Ah, that I do have. So I can only have one or the other?
    Ah, that I do have. So I can only have one or the other?
    There is my hide quick launch patch that is compatible with my other patches, but it only hides the quick launch bar in app launcher. I have been asked to make a patch that hides it always and is compatible with my patches and I will do it at some point.

Or to be more precise I will make it configurable (hidden always or in app launcher) in my hide quick launch bar patch when I have the time.
    I gotta say, I love all of your patches and stuff, and I can't wait till you have a hide quick launch always that is compatible with the top today menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    I gotta say, I love all of your patches and stuff, and I can't wait till you have a hide quick launch always that is compatible with the top today menu.
    Thanks, can not promise when I will modify the patch, but most likely within week or two. It depends how fast I get my Mode Switcher app into 1.0.0 state and published into WebOS Internals feed which is my current priority.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    i dont have the "hide quick launch always " patch and still cant install this. anyone help please?
    i dont have the "hide quick launch always " patch and still cant install this. anyone help please?
    If you tell me what the ipkg log says. Mainly the how many chunks failed and for what file then I can help.
    If you tell me what the ipkg log says. Mainly the how many chunks failed and for what file then I can help.
    it doesnt say much. error while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgscript.sh 1 out of 5 hunks failed when i tryied the framework patch and,
    1 out 1 failed on the today patch
    it doesnt say much. error while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgscript.sh 1 out of 5 hunks failed when i tryied the framework patch and,
    1 out 1 failed on the today patch
    The today menu patch should not be installable without the framework so thats why you are getting 1 out of 1 for that. If you are using preware it thinks for some reason that you have already the framework patch installed if it lets you install the today menu patch, but this is not a problem as long as you install the framework patch.

It should have said what file is it failing, but I guess it is systemui.css. At least it is the only file in the patch that has 5 hunks. Quick grep for the patches showed that only top bar related patches edit that file. And maybe some theme could also since it is a style file. I tried few of those top bar patches, but could not find any that conflicts so you need to try uninstall some of yours to find the reason. Or if that won't help it is always possible that some patch has not uninstalled cleanly and therefore left that file unrestored. In this case it is possible to use the recovery tools to replace that file from doctor image.

Tell me what you find, now I have to go to sleep since it is already 02:30 here. I can try to help you tomorrow if you still have the problem.
    Anyone have any screen shots of his new patches?
    I have a number of top bar patches installed....date, battery %, and larger font. No problems with the Today patch for me...very slick patch. Just touching center of the top bar drops down a quick look at your events for the day, with an optional button to see tomorrow's events.

Would like to see option to see few more days of events, scrim colors, smaller font?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thatwilsonguy View Post
    Anyone have any screen shots of his new patches?
    Couple screenshots as I had the same question when I first saw it in Preware / mentioned in this post.

Really slick - this has always been one of those missing pieces. Solves the issue of having an instantly available calendar for the day while not reinventing the wheel or running extra overhead with another app running at all times.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    sconix....how about option to see up to a week of events? Could even reduce the font if necessary a little? Just a thought....
    Quote Originally Posted by viddywell View Post
    Couple screenshots as I had the same question when I first saw it in Preware / mentioned in this post.

Really slick - this has always been one of those missing pieces. Solves the issue of having an instantly available calendar for the day while not reinventing the wheel or running extra overhead with another app running at all times.
    what do u click on to bring this up?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Just click the date in the center of the top bar
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    sconix....how about option to see up to a week of events? Could even reduce the font if necessary a little? Just a thought....
    Yes there are few small changes planned for the today menu patch, but currently I am busy with my app development, but after I get it in good shape then I will update couple of the patches. And at least some of the changes you suggest are planned.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast