Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Not sure whether it would be possible in a patch...i know there is the patch that launches brightness unlinked on startup, but can someone make an app or patch that lets you set what apps launch whenever the phone is booted?
  2. #2  
    Look into the application "Mode Switcher".
  3.    #3  
    i guess that does do what i want but it is a bit overkill for just opening apps at startup. Will give it a go though im sure there are others who would just want something simple that opens apps on startup
  4. #4  
    I, for one, would really like this as well. I have my Pre set to reboot automatically everynight to help with the dreaded "too many cards" error. Reboot Scheduler is what I use and it works great, however, I'd like to launch a couple of programs after the reboot.

    Also, if it's not too much to ask, this patch or app would close the apps after a specified amount of time as well. Is that asking too much? ;-)
  5.    #5  
    Gave mode swticher a try and I dont like how it sets all other system settings to specific settings, I change a lot of settings through out the day and dont want to have to change them every time i reset the device....and there is no "do nothing" option
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    i guess that does do what i want but it is a bit overkill for just opening apps at startup. Will give it a go though im sure there are others who would just want something simple that opens apps on startup
    The simplest way to do it is to write a patch for /etc/palm/luna.conf

    There is a section towards the bottom called [LaunchAtBoot]

    Normally it reads:

    [LaunchAtBoot]
    Applications=com.palm.app.phone;com.palm.app.email;com.palm.app.calendar;com.palm.app.messaging;com. palm.app.contacts;com.palm.app.camera

    You would need to patch in a semicolon and the AppID of the application you wish to launch.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Gave mode swticher a try and I dont like how it sets all other system settings to specific settings, I change a lot of settings through out the day and dont want to have to change them every time i reset the device....and there is no "do nothing" option
    Yes there is.

    Edit the "default mode". Open up "settings".

    Swipe to delete any section you don't wish to modify, just like you would delete anything else on the phone. Those settings will no longer be controlled by Mode Switcher.

    It's one of the best and most powerful applications that exist for this phone, and incredibly customizable.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Yes there is.

    Edit the "default mode". Open up "settings".

    Swipe to delete any section you don't wish to modify, just like you would delete anything else on the phone. Those settings will no longer be controlled by Mode Switcher.

    It's one of the best and most powerful applications that exist for this phone, and incredibly customizable.
    gaaah i just uninstalled it all. I should have realized that :/ my apologies.
  9. #9  
    If you decide to re-install and have any further questions, I'll be happy to answer them. I'm not the developer but I have a pretty good understanding of the application.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    If you decide to re-install and have any further questions, I'll be happy to answer them. I'm not the developer but I have a pretty good understanding of the application.
    doing it now after my phones dont restarting, thanks for the help, much appreciated,
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    The simplest way to do it is to write a patch for /etc/palm/luna.conf

    There is a section towards the bottom called [LaunchAtBoot]

    Normally it reads:

    [LaunchAtBoot]
    Applications=com.palm.app.phone;com.palm.app.email;com.palm.app.calendar;com.palm.app.messaging;com. palm.app.contacts;com.palm.app.camera

    You would need to patch in a semicolon and the AppID of the application you wish to launch.
    fwiw...Unless I'm mistaken, this method only spawns the process not a card, so I guess it depends on what your looking for whether or not this would be applicable.

    .
  12.    #12  
    Ok so i thought the app was working fine, but I have noticed significant battery drain around 14% an hour as it is running in the background. I would just want something that opens on start up, opens the other apps, and then closes.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    fwiw...Unless I'm mistaken, this method only spawns the process not a card, so I guess it depends on what your looking for whether or not this would be applicable.

    .
    Yeah you're probably right, I didn't even think about it. I only ever used it to put both MS and BU in the launch script so that makes sense.

    I guess MS is the only way to accomplish actual app launching at the moment.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Ok so i thought the app was working fine, but I have noticed significant battery drain around 14% an hour as it is running in the background. I would just want something that opens on start up, opens the other apps, and then closes.
    I am using the app since long now and there is no battery drain here.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Ok so i thought the app was working fine, but I have noticed significant battery drain around 14% an hour as it is running in the background. I would just want something that opens on start up, opens the other apps, and then closes.
    Even if the app runs in background it does nothing so it is not the reason for eating the battery (unless you use the triggers then it wakes up on certain situations, but still mainly does nothing). I know couple of cases where some user reported the battery draining, but then the problem went away. I have never had this with MS, but there was a situation when I unlocked my pre and it started to eat the battery and there was no other applications installed during that time only the unlocking done. And I could not find a reason for it, I even uninstalled all patches / apps that could have being the reason (even the MS) but still got dramatic battery draining on some days. After doctoring no problems, so I think there might be some bug in WebOS that can be triggered in some rare situation that results in the battery draining.

Posting Permissions