Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This patch is currently in beta. If you fear doctoring your phone (if the patch messes up only), or installing patches outside of Preware scares you, do not install this!

This patch takes the "Battery Icon & Percentage" Patch by nesl247 and Jason Robitaille (the colored text one), and rotates the battery icon sideways, placing it above the percentage text. This results in a much smaller battery display.

You shouldn't install this patch if you have terrible eyesight, as the text is slightly smaller (Basically, if you already have a hard time reading the clock at the top, you definitely won't be able to read this).

You can see an example here:

Like most patches posted in this forum, this can be installed and removed via WebOS Quick Install.

It has only been tested on 1.4.1.1 Sprint Pre. It SHOULD work on 1.4.1 or greater of any Pre or Pixi, but I make no guarantees. If you're adventurous, test it and leave me a comment here on your experience!

REMOVE all other battery icon patches before installing!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Vincent Law; 04/20/2010 at 01:55 PM.
    Definitely going to check this out. Thanks!
  3. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I'm not into doctoring my phone, but if this hits Preware, I'll definitely install it. Nice work.
  4.    #4  
    You shouldn't need to doctor, I only said that in case something goes foul, as a warning. But don't try it if you're afraid. :P
  5. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Awesome, works great! One question, does it work with 'Report actual battery percent' patch? I wasn't sure, so I removed it before installing this patch. I guess I'll just add it back and see what happens. Can't hurt that bad...
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Just installed this - Pre Plus 1.4.0 Looks great, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    Awesome, works great! One question, does it work with 'Report actual battery percent' patch? I wasn't sure, so I removed it before installing this patch. I guess I'll just add it back and see what happens. Can't hurt that bad...
    I have both installed and they seem to be working fine.
  7. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Yup, I took the plunge and it works fine. Great patch!
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
  8. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Looks pretty cool. Do the colour transitions still function like the original patch?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vij View Post
    Looks pretty cool. Do the colour transitions still function like the original patch?
    Yes, the text still changes color like the patch it was based upon.
    What do you mean by "REMOVE all other icon patches"? which patches should I remove b4 installing this one??
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Njtroncoso View Post
    What do you mean by "REMOVE all other icon patches"? which patches should I remove b4 installing this one??
    Any patches involving the battery icon.

An example would be the patch this was based on, the "Battery Icon and Percentage" patch, or also the "Battery Icon as Percentage" patch.

Any device menu patches should not conflict with this, just ones that specifically interact with the battery icon or add text percentages.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    could i request that this patch be made in only white like the other % patch. i like it, i just dont like the colored icons. thanks.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by poozo View Post
    could i request that this patch be made in only white like the other % patch. i like it, i just dont like the colored icons. thanks.
    I can release another version with just white text, sure. It'll just require me to summon the :effort:
    I like this patch a lot, but as soon as I downloaded it I immediately modified it to be white, like the above poster requested.

EDITED OUT. Thanks Vincent!
    Last edited by tobias funke; 04/20/2010 at 08:33 PM.
  15.    #15  
    I mind only in that it's a bit inefficient (I'd remove about 20 lines from the code and a few if statements) and the actual patch cannot be discerned from mine (same name/author/etc). I can't mind otherwise, this patch, like all patches, are freely open source.

I'll release a cleaner white version tonight.
    Yeah I don't pretend to actually know what I'm doing. I just modify what smart people do to fit my own purposes :-P I'll remove the link once you put up your version to eliminate confusion.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    actually now that ive installed it, could you do it without the %, just the icon in white?
  18.    #18  
    Here's a white version of the patch. It could be more stripped down (I think Jason and nezl originally wrote it out for all of this to be an optional thing, but it was never implemented), but didn't really seem to make a difference overall. I'll be submitting these for Preware as well, seems to be working well for everyone.

Thanks!

Also, poozo, do you mean no text at all, and just the battery icon? Or just removing the % symbol?

The former wouldn't make much sense, as I made this patch in order to save space in the top bar. The latter wouldn't really help anything as the text would still need to be the same size (height restricted, not width). You're welcome to make your own however.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I love the patch but do have a request!

Once again, love it, it allow more space in the top bar, I had used a patch to move the date and time over to the left a little to make space for the extra icons that are patched in. This patch make that unnecessary.

Now to my request:

You centered the battery over the percentage text.

I personally think I would like to see the icon 'left justified' over the percentage text.

Just to repeat my request, have the icon moved over to the left just a bit, so it lines up with the first number in the percentage.

So if it's at 100%, the icon would start and line up with the '1'.

If the percentage is at 99% have the icon start and line up with the first '9' in 99%.

Is that possible?

And if so, can you do this?

If you don't prefer to do this and it can be done, can you let me know what file I would have to modify to make this adjustment?

Thanks!

I can't believe nobody had thought of this before, it's such a simple modification (however, maybe hard to develop) that does a great thing and has a nice look!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I was working on extending the length of the battery .pngs to fit the full length of the digits while horizontal, but as soon as I got the battery to the right length, it pushed the text off the bar.

Then I realized I liked it without the text and made the battery fat enough to fit in the entire space formerly occupied by the horiz. battery/text and stopped working on my original idea.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast