Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I made a custom variation of the "top-bar-rotated-270deg-battery-icon-and-percent.patch" because I thought the font size was a little to large and did not center itself very well over the battery icon.

So, I dropped the font size from 12px to 10px and bumped the battery icon in 1px from the right. Now the percent text is a little more centered above the battery icon.

I made these changes for my needs for my Sprint Pre- running webOS 2.1. I figured I'd post it here in case others might be looking for the same thing. This is compatible with the latest versions (2.1.0-42) of Sconix's Advanced System Menus patches. (Thanks Sconix for the tweak!)

I've submitted the patch variation to Preware (first time submitting a patch). I hope that is okay. If I didn't do it right or give credit to the correct people, please let me know and I will fix it. I take no credit for the basis of this patch. It was done by far more talented individuals than I.

EDIT: The version I submitted to Preware was the previous version that won't work with the latest version of Sconix's Advanced System Menus Framework patch. The patch in this post does work with his latest version. Once the patch shows up in Preware, I will submit an update so that it is the correct one. I have no idea how long it takes for a patch to be accepted or not.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 03/26/2011 at 10:55 PM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Thanks a lot!
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I made a custom variation of the "top-bar-rotated-270deg-battery-icon-and-percent.patch" because I thought the font size was a little to large and did not center itself very well over the battery icon.

So, I dropped the font size from 12px to 10px and bumped the battery icon in 1px from the right. Now the percent text is a little more centered above the battery icon.

I made these changes for my needs for my Sprint Pre- running webOS 2.1. I figured I'd post it here in case others might be looking for the same thing. This is compatible with the latest versions (2.1.0-42) of Sconix's Advanced System Menus patches. (Thanks Sconix for the tweak!)

I've submitted the patch variation to Preware (first time submitting a patch). I hope that is okay. If I didn't do it right or give credit to the correct people, please let me know and I will fix it. I take no credit for the basis of this patch. It was done by far more talented individuals than I.

EDIT: The version I submitted to Preware was the previous version that won't work with the latest version of Sconix's Advanced System Menus Framework patch. The patch in this post does work with his latest version. Once the patch shows up in Preware, I will submit an update so that it is the correct one. I have no idea how long it takes for a patch to be accepted or not.

it there any chance of making this patch but with colors? Is it Possible?
    Just like the other that Jason made.

Charging = Teal.
    100%-70% = Green.
    69%-45% = Yellow.
    44%-20% = Orange.
    19%-0% = Red.

Thanks.

Regards///
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by thenyboy View Post
    it there any chance of making this patch but with colors? Is it Possible?
    Just like the other that Jason made.

Charging = Teal.
    100%-70% = Green.
    69%-45% = Yellow.
    44%-20% = Orange.
    19%-0% = Red.

Thanks.

Regards///
    I am sure there is a way to add such colors...

Anyone can modify the original patch(es) or the modified version with small text that I shared.

Messing with patches is a little beyond me for the most part. I just simply changed the css to be from a certain pixel size to another pixel size. Simple change. Adding what your asking is a little more code than that.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    We are even, i do not write patches a lot.Not too many modifications i made.

It's hard for me too.

That's why i was asking.

But thanks anyway for letting me know it can be done!
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.
    We are even, i do not write patches a lot.Not too many modifications i made.

It's hard for me too.

That's why i was asking.

But thanks anyway for letting me know it can be done!
    Yeah, no problem.

It surely can be done. It is just some chunk of code that would color the text based on the battery level. Simple stuff for the real patch devs out there.

Yeah! really simple for a patch dev but not for me, too much codding for a mortal. xD
    Yeah! really simple for a patch dev but not for me, too much codding for a mortal. xD
    That makes two of us.

Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Is there a chance to get a version for Pre3?
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk13 View Post
    Is there a chance to get a version for Pre3?
    That option you're looking for can be found in the Advanced System Menus - Framework patch which works on the Pre3. You'll also need the Tweaks application to set the options for the battery rotation, etc... that you would like.

See the following wiki page for more info.

Realy nice. Patch still works on Pre3/WebOS 2.2.4

Thanks a lot!
    Quote Originally Posted by leafymind View Post
    Realy nice. Patch still works on Pre3/WebOS 2.2.4

Thanks a lot!
    I've been missing this ever since I updated my AT&T Pre 3. Are there any other patches you have working on your Pre 3 that don't show up in Preware? Thanks in advance!
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234