Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    weird, cause after the rotation, the battery length appears condensed (shorter) than when standing vertical. Thanks
  2.    #42  
    If the PNG is the exact same size as the old stock PNG it should appear the same. If its a different size, it may be resized as I believe I wrote a few CSS lines to explicitly define the size of the battery icon (which is, on stock, 17x20).
    This is the best battery/percentage patch there is. Great work!

Didn't like the percentage only... too blah looking. Didn't like the percentage next to the battery.. took up too much space. This one is spot on.

BTW, my eyes suck for near sight and I have no problem seeing the percentage.
    Last edited by DrHeathenScum; 05/19/2010 at 03:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    this patch is awesome....I tried to remove battery AND % patch, but it errored out. 1 out of 5 hunks FAILED. Not sure what went wrong since the ipkg log doesnt provide much info.

????
    I also think this is a great patch, that's why I tried it, however since installing the color version of the patch I have to accept the realization that my eyes aren't what they used to be.

I tried uninstalling this patch via Preware to go back to the one I previously used and I keep getting a similar error message. I also, tried uninstalling from WebOS Quick Installer. I get an error message as well.

I am using WebOS 1.4.1.1.
    The following is the error report:

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-rotated-battery-icon-and-percentage-color.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Is there anything I can do to remedy this? Thanks so much.
    Could someone add this it the patch please

Code:
    --- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    +++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    @@ -136,6 +136,22 @@
     	margin-left: 2px;
     	width: 17px;		
     }
    +
    +/* Begin: Battery Percent / Image w/ Percent */
    +#power.battery-percent {
    +	width: 32px;
    +	background-color: black;
    +}
    +#power.battery-percentimage {
    +}
    +#power.battery-percentimage-charged {
    +}
    +/* End: Battery Percent / Image w/ Percent */
    +
     #power.error {
     	background: url(../images/battery-error.png) center center no-repeat;
     }
    change to
    Code:
    margin-left: 1px;
    width: 20px;

also. I can move the percent text.
    but how do i move the icon down a bit.

do I need to add a line or edit one?
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    This is the best battery/percentage patch there is. Great work!

Didn't like the percentage only... too blah looking. Didn't like the percentage next to the battery.. took up too much space. This one is spot on.

BTW, my eyes suck for near sight and I have no problem seeing the percentage.
    Gotta agree. I love this patch. I'm nearsighted and astigmatic, and I don't have any problem seeing the percentages.

I use custom battery icons (slightly modified from stock for my SteamPunk'd theme) and they look great rotated. I also use the Show Actual Battery Percentage patch & have had no compatibility issues.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    Quote Originally Posted by mohaynes View Post
    I also think this is a great patch, that's why I tried it, however since installing the color version of the patch I have to accept the realization that my eyes aren't what they used to be.

I tried uninstalling this patch via Preware to go back to the one I previously used and I keep getting a similar error message. I also, tried uninstalling from WebOS Quick Installer. I get an error message as well.

I am using WebOS 1.4.1.1.
    The following is the error report:

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-rotated-battery-icon-and-percentage-color.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Is there anything I can do to remedy this? Thanks so much.
    anybody have luck in surpassing the error above?
    Thanks for your hard work on this patch. But is it possible to remove the percentage symbol only percentage number? then it will use less space and looks better IMHO.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    can you install this in preware?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I modified this patch slightly to change the background from black to transparent. That way it works better with patches and themes that change the color of the top bar or use top bar graphics.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    Quote Originally Posted by garavin View Post
    I modified this patch slightly to change the background from black to transparent. That way it works better with patches and themes that change the color of the top bar or use top bar graphics.
    Still new to all of this. Not quite sure how to get this file on my phone ? I have the original installed . Have been waiting for this to be transparent background.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by garavin View Post
    garavin
    awesome work.
    If I havent changed the top bar at all (meaning, i have the stock), what will this do? Clear the background altogether? I set the top bar color to transparent, and I ended up with a white top bar. Meaning that the stock background of the top bar (at least) is white.

Sprint Pre-
    UK Screenstate 500/1ghz
    Mode Switcher--RULES !!!
    Advanced preferences by Sconix
    Lots of patches
    this patch is awesome!
    just download it. its really useful. thank you
    A version updated for WebOS 2.0
    Attached Files Attached Files

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    I just combined this with the previously-retired "Ringer Switch Icon", for those of us not using 2.x:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...70#post2784470

Also submitted to Preware...
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Neat! I didn't know you could rotate it like that!
    I updated my battery patch variant to make use of this. Needs a little tweaking to make the battery icon centered when the text is wider than the icon, but I think it looks better when it is not.

Edit: Maybe I was unclear, but my point was this patch has moved all css to systemui.css, making it easier to move stuff around.
    Is there a way to make this work with GarretC92's http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...k-top-bar.html ?

Also, add the color scheme like in other battery percent patches?

As you can see from the attached screen shot, it's a bit funky
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    bump for frause
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Neat! I didn't know you could rotate it like that!
    I updated my battery patch variant to make use of this. Needs a little tweaking to make the battery icon centered when the text is wider than the icon, but I think it looks better when it is not.
    Nice patch! Although it's kinda small but I will get used to it within few days lol. By the way, the battery icon looks centered..
    Thanks for share...
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast