Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    THanks i love that patch +1
    Would you be able to modify the patch to replace the battery icon with the battery temperature in degrees Celsius? It looks like if you used the same size text as the battery percentage, it would fit.

Would anyone else like to see this?
    This is now my favorite battery patch! It's such a basic idea, but it really adds a nice look to my Pre. Really great job!!!

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Just to repeat my request, have the icon moved over to the left just a bit, so it lines up with the first number in the percentage.

So if it's at 100%, the icon would start and line up with the '1'.

If the percentage is at 99% have the icon start and line up with the first '9' in 99%.

Is that possible?
    It's possible, but would require a lot more finicking than I felt up to when I made the patch. The issue is, when I rotated the icon (using webkit rotate CSS), all the typical margin/padding rules went out the window. It would align itself seemingly at random, and to make matters worse, depending on what margins I gave it, it would attempt to blur the icon as well. Very unusual, and frustrating.

All said, my next update to the patch will probably be to align it better.
    I very much like this patch, but I do have a minor critque/request:

Is it possible to center the battery icon above the text percent? It seems a little out of place with the battery being right-aligned like it is and have that "dead space" to the left of it before the signal meter.

I'm just wondering. If it's not possible, I'll like this patch all the same. It's my favorite power indicator mod yet!

M.

In your screen shot it looks fairly centered, but yours is shown at 100% full. Here's mine at 50%:

Last edited by Xanadu73; 04/22/2010 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Added screenshot.
  6.    #26  
    No offense, but I just explained this in the previous post >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Law View Post
    No offense, but I just explained this in the previous post >.>
    O.o

hmmm... So it is... Well, don't I feel dumb...

Sorry about this, man, but I still thank you for the patch. It's still my fav!

:-)

M.
    Looks good.. Ill give it a shot.

Dr.
    It's possible, but would require a lot more finicking than I felt up to when I made the patch. The issue is, when I rotated the icon (using webkit rotate CSS), all the typical margin/padding rules went out the window. It would align itself seemingly at random, and to make matters worse, depending on what margins I gave it, it would attempt to blur the icon as well. Very unusual, and frustrating.

Neat! I didn't know you could rotate it like that!
    I updated my battery patch variant to make use of this. Needs a little tweaking to make the battery icon centered when the text is wider than the icon, but I think it looks better when it is not.

Edit: Maybe I was unclear, but my point was this patch has moved all css to systemui.css, making it easier to move stuff around.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by frause; 04/23/2010 at 12:05 AM.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I have a minor issue, can you please take a look and see if this can be fixed:

The wifi icon disappers when ringer switch is off (phone is in roaming). I have the ringer switch icon installed as well.

I believe it has to do something with the space management in the top bar.

I am attaching multiple screenshots for better explaination.
    Pic 1 - Ringer on, roaming
    Pic 2 - Ringer off, roaming (Wifi icon has disappeared)
    Pic 3 - Ringer off, No roaming (Wifi icon appears again)

It used to work fine with regular version of Battery% with icon patch for all the above 3 scenario.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks! No problem, I understand that some stuff can be tricky to program in.

As it is right now, is a lot better anyway. And in time any improvements you make I'm sure we will all like.

I've attached the patch if anyone wants to look at it.

Rob

BTW: The guy that posted his problem with the 3 screen shots, I tested on my phone since I also have the 'ringer switch' patch and I am getting the same thing as he is. I did not notice it at first, but then I remember that something looked funny when I used the ringer switch yesterday but I just blew if off.

It seems that there is no more room on the left to place and extra icon. Not sure if it's because of the date and time in the top bar as well.

I remember, that I have a custom patch to move everything over to the left to fit the extra icons. I have not installed it with this version of the OS, maybe I'll try it and see if it fixes this guy's issue.

EDIT UPDATE:

Whoops, seems that this patch no longer works as it used to. It moved the menu label to the left, not the date and time. I'll still leave the patch here if you want to look at it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 04/23/2010 at 07:23 AM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

this patch is awesome....I tried to remove battery AND % patch, but it errored out. 1 out of 5 hunks FAILED. Not sure what went wrong since the ipkg log doesnt provide much info.

????
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    this patch is awesome....I tried to remove battery AND % patch, but it errored out. 1 out of 5 hunks FAILED. Not sure what went wrong since the ipkg log doesnt provide much info.

????
    I'm not sure what that has to do with this patch. And always post the contents of the logs, they're more useful to us developers.
    agreed. well, vincent. since you wrote an awesome patch related to battery and top bar, I thought I would post my error since you are the expert I am not.

what file would help? the ipkg log just stated the 1 out of 5 hunks, not much else.
    Just to put my two cents in, I'm perfectly content with the rotated battery as it is, aligned to the right...in fact I think I like it better like this than if it were centered or aligned left - just my opinion.
    I'm not sure what that has to do with this patch. And always post the contents of the logs, they're more useful to us developers.
    Here is the patches.log section
    ------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH REMOVAL Sat Apr 24 13:37:30 EDT 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-battery-percent-and-icon/top-bar-battery-percent-and-icon.patch

----------------------------------
    Checking md5sums
    Palm md5sum when installed: 8e8b5ff41a4b1883943e9a483b8487f9
    Getting md5sum from Palm package: luna-systemui
    md5sum: 8e8b5ff41a4b1883943e9a483b8487f9
    Found modified file: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Palm md5sum when installed: 695cd633bb77eee1d46a45da1dd00579
    Getting md5sum from Palm package: luna-systemui
    md5sum: 695cd633bb77eee1d46a45da1dd00579
    Found modified file: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css

Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 1430.
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 1817 with fuzz 1 (offset 364 lines).
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 1849 (offset 367 lines).
    Hunk #4 succeeded at 1889 (offset 367 lines).
    Hunk #5 succeeded at 1913 (offset 367 lines).
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 139 (offset 3 lines).

dry run failed, checking if applying entire patch would succeed
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 1430.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 1492.
    Hunk #3 FAILED at 1529.
    Hunk #4 FAILED at 1582.
    Hunk #5 FAILED at 1619.
    5 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/systemui.css.rej

Removal FAILED!
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-battery-percent-and-icon
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-battery-percent-and-icon:
    md5sums
    package_list
    top-bar-battery-percent-and-icon.patch
    *** FAILED ***
  17.    #37  
    Well again, that's not this patch. You'd be better off asking the original developers of that patch.

Also, you need to mention what version of WebOS you're using, and what other patches/themes you're using. Likely one of your patches is conflicting with it.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Got this patch installed today, and I like it so far.

Jason
    vince. What mod does the patch do to the stock icon files? It shortens the image then rotates, riight?? I have other battery icons but rotated they don't look so good, so I may have to play with them based on what you tell me.
  20.    #40  
    It does not resize the image at all (in CSS or the actual images). The image is simply rotated via CSS, the actual image PNGs are untouched.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast