1.    #1  
    I realize its a beta that is continuously updated, but this annoyed me enough that I made a patch to fix it. This is for the latest facebook beta (currently 1.1.6). It disables both "shake to refresh" and refresh on scene activate (when the card is maximized). The refresh on the facebook beta always brings you back to the top of the news feed. So if you are 30 posts down the news feed and accidentally shake your phone, it reloads and goes all the way back to the top. Or if you switch to another app and come back, it goes all the way back to the top. These two issues almost made me just dump it and go back to the non-beta, but I like having notifications and such. So I made a patch.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks, zinge...The refresh on activate has bugged me too...

You may want to try to switching the shake to refresh from shakestart to shakeend, so you can keep an easy on demand refresh option...When I made the Shake to Reload patch for the browser, this minor difference seemed to prevent it from refreshing at every little movement.

3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info, I'll def remember that about the shake listener. I'm not gonna bother changing it though... if I need to refresh, I can press the reload button at the bottom of the app :-).
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Thanks for the info, I'll def remember that about the shake listener. I'm not gonna bother changing it though... if I need to refresh, I can press the reload button at the bottom of the app :-).
    no prob...I'm just glad you posted this one...Thanks!

FWIW...The order of sensitivity from most to least in my testing seemed to be:

shaking - shakestart - shakeend

thanks this is great. Any chance you could make one so you dont have to click on every single notification for it to be marked as seen?
    I thought Palm was releasing 1.2 for FB this week and it addresses all the bugs...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    I thought Palm was releasing 1.2 for FB this week and it addresses all the bugs...
    That'd be cool. Doesn't really matter, I just changed it on my pre because it was bothering me enough to even have it for a couple days, and figured I'd upload it just in case someone else wanted it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    thanks this is great. Any chance you could make one so you dont have to click on every single notification for it to be marked as seen?
    That's probably a little more complicated; stuff like that should probably wait until they release the update to the non-beta app.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    That'd be cool. Doesn't really matter, I just changed it on my pre because it was bothering me enough to even have it for a couple days, and figured I'd upload it just in case someone else wanted it.
    Thanks!..i wasnt sure. I thought i read that on the homepage a couple days ago.
    Thank you
  11.    #12  
    1.2 still seems to do it; its just not as noticeable. I just patched it on my phone though. I guess I can make another patch file sometime if other people still notice the problem.
    I just tested out 1.2, if I switch to another card and go back to the Facebook card, the refresh button doesn't spin like it is refreshing, but it refreshes the page and brings me back to the top, no matter how far down I am.

I would be grateful if this patch could be updated for 1.2!