1.    #1  
    If I leave my screen alone reading an email the screen will automatically dim and I have to touch the screen to brighten. If I have my screen set to automatically turn off after 1 minute I do not want it auto dimming before the minute is up. Is it possible to turn off the auto dimming or is it coded in?
    Thanks!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    interest bump.
  3.    #3  
    I hate auto dim!!!!!! the pre has the best patchers so if they have not done this by now...i dont think it can be done
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Hopefully it can be done

+ 1 from me
    fwiw...I figured out a way to prevent the screen from going off when an app is in the foreground, i.e. focused...I haven't figured out how to make it simply alleviate the auto dim though, if that's even possible.

Would anyone be interested in something like that?...It could could even be set up in such a way that it simply extends the standby time when when an app is focused.

OK...After doing some add'l research, I'm thinking it wouldn't actually be possible to only eliminate the autodim while maintaining the standby time set for the display to shut off...If anyone knows different, please share.

Anyhow, here's what I've created...As stated above, the attached patch will cause the display to stay on when an app is focused, i.e. in the foreground, while allowing the screen to shutoff if all apps are carded or the launcher is present.

There's actually 2 realistic possibilities for this patch beyond the current implementation:

• It could be made to simply extend the standby timing when an app is focused...For example, it could add 15 minutes while allowing you to set your standby time to 15 seconds which would allow the screen to still shut off.
    • It could be made to only disable the standby time for certain apps.

Please give it a try and let me know what you think.

Attached Files Attached Files
  7.    #7  
    Great idea! Look forward to trying when it is ready!
    I was have some technical difficulties, so I had to repost the patch file above.