Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    For those of you having trouble still and are getting the ipkg error, look at post #72
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    The update in post #72 worked great for me. I used Internalz and it worked like a charm.

Thanks mamouton its patches like this one that really make the pre shine.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Here is the updated patch. It needs to be installed with webosqi or internalz.

thank you link worked perfect with internalz
    Updated link did NOT work in Internalz for my device (German O2 GSM Pre, 1.4.5, UberKernel). Internalz did not give me a verbose error message, or I'd post it here.

A shame, because I really loved this patch when I had it before 1.4.5... and now it won't install in Preware nor like this.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Try with webos quick install
    I get an error message when I try to install this patch. It worked fine before I updated to 1.4.5. Before updating WebOS, I uninstalled all patches like I was supposed to, including this one. Now, when I try to install using PreWare, I get to the success screen but then I get a two-"hunk" error. Can anyone help me out?
    I'd like to report that I went to Post #72 and successfully installed the file via WebOS Quick Install with no error messages. It installed in a few seconds and restarted Luna. I opened PreWare and PreWare shows that the patch is installed. WebOS Quick Install also shows that the patch is installed. Unfortunately, the patch doesn't work. Videos saved to the Pre hard drive and YouTube videos pause either when the screen is off or when the card is minimized. Is there an easy way to restore that "nowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$; $file$ $that$ $user$ $mamouton$ $refers$ $to$ $in$ $Post$ #$77$? $Thanks$.
    if you pm me I can send the file or you can extract out of webosdoctor and replace it.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    had this patch before the update and post 72 worked for me. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Do you happen to remember the error? That could be very very useful.

Also, please tell me what version of WOSQI the About screen displays. v3.12 is the current.
    Jason,

The patch found in Post #72 of this thread will not install with Internalz. I get the following error message: "Patch installation failed." This patch was written specifically for webos 1.4.5. Does the patch file need to be located in a specific directory when I attempt to install? Thanks for whatever help you can provide.
    I'd like to report that for anyone having trouble installing the webos 1.4.5 no-pause-video patch found in Post #72 of this thread, make sure you get the .patch file onto your Pre via email. You have to open the email by clicking on the blue hyperlink text. It will open up automatically in Internalz. Be patient. The first time I clicked on "Install Patch" I got an error. I tried a second time and then it worked.

To read more, follow Jason's advice at: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2584875.

I'd like to thank mamouton profusely. He assisted me tremendously in the figuring out why I couldn't get the patch to install correctly. Thanks, mamouton for a great, great patch!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    can you submit this to preware please?
    It's been in Preware for months now...
    I think he means the updated, error free patch
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Installed the revised version of the patch from this thread and thought it was working ok.

But just recently, whenever the screen dims or I turn it off, playback will stop.

Turning the screen back on I see 'There was an error playing back the file'.

This only happens if the screen goes off, videos will play all the way through with the screen on.

Happens on YouTube as well as downloaded videos.

?
    Quote Originally Posted by Makinola View Post
    Since i updated to 1.4.5 and i went into preware i cannot install the patch anymore?!!!! It downloads fine but when installing it says it skips out of the 2 huge logs it needs and it shows log error
    Having the same Problem!! Thanks!
    Did see the post.. "fixed vis WOSQI or INTERNALS. Would like to know how someone using patch via PreWare would go about using the patch.?. Any help would be apperciated!! Or How would I get WOSQI or INTERNALS?
    im getting the same error
    Quote Originally Posted by Karter22 View Post
    Having the same Problem!! Thanks!
    Did see the post.. "fixed vis WOSQI or INTERNALS. Would like to know how someone using patch via PreWare would go about using the patch.?. Any help would be apperciated!! Or How would I get WOSQI or INTERNALS?
    You can download Internalz from Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Here is the updated patch. It needs to be installed with webosqi or internalz.
    Yes; Thank you. By careful observation I have just discovered that. Thanks a million. I used the link you provided & it worked like a charm I'm just so glad to have this Patch working once again...^^) tehe.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    wint install. There is an error in step one of the postinst.
    the ipkg log says usr/palm/fraimworks/private/metascene.videos/submission/76/javascript/nowplaying assistant.jsjsjs.
    that mean anything to anyone?
    the one in preware hasn't been updated you will need to install the one in this thread.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast