Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Can I use override to replace the one file and not scan the whole device?
    Okay I chose override and then chose replace file... that did not work. still says cannot find file in webos doctor....
    Can you try to replace
    /usr/palm/frameworks/private/metascene.videos/submission/76/javascript/assistants/nowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs

The version/1.0 file is a symlink (shortcut) to the above file
    didn't work. Got this again:
    Extracting file from ROM: /usr/palm/frameworks/private/metascene.videos/submission/76/javascript/assistants/nowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs
    --file not found in WebOSDoctor
    ==============================
    if the file is a part of stock 1.4.1.1 how could it not be in WebOS DOctor? I do not understand.
    So uhh.. is this still safe to install?
    I'm sorry, I have no clue why it is not found in WebOS Doctor by the repair tool... I unzipped the tar.gz generated using WebOSDoctor and the file is very much present in the archive..

If you don't mind running a few command line instructions, I can attach / PM the original file to you and you could restore it by hand.. Sorry for the bother, but I have no clue why the failures are happening
    Its gets installed but not uninstalled .. So I'd say its not very safe yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    So uhh.. is this still safe to install?
    I am okay with command line IF you are sure you know what your are doing and that it will work. I don't really understand command line per se but I have always been brave enough to type it in! Go ahead... shoot me a pm and give me detailed instructions.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by shivaramv View Post
    Its gets installed but not uninstalled .. So I'd say its not very safe yet...
    Thanks, I appreciate the heads up and speedy reply, otherwise I might've gotten impatient and installed it anyway. Good thing I read the whole topic.

I can't wait until this gets stable, its something I've been looking forward to for awhile.
    Shivaramv go ahead and pm me teh script I should use to restore by hand using commandline.

and also the file of course

Thanks.
    Last edited by ravsteve; 05/04/2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: additional info
    shivaramv are you there?

Hoping you are still up and can send me that file and command line script...

Sorry about the IF above... I have every confidence in you. As I said, I knew when I installed it there was a risk... and if anything I am happy to play a role in solving the problem for the future for others.
    Sent the file by email..
    like I said prevously! This will be an amazing patch if it can be fixed!
    Hows the fixing coming along?
    It would be nice to incorporate this into Sprint Tv as well.
    the patch is now a part of preware and it installs and uninstalls fine..
    so it's safe now?...
    if anyone is still having a problem uninstalling the patch, i extracted the file "\usr\palm\frameworks\private\metascene.videos\submission\76\javascript\assistants\nowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$; $from$ $the$ $doctor$ $manually$ $and$ $then$ $sent$ $it$ $to$ $the$ $phone$
    using webos quick install......it worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    if anyone is still having a problem uninstalling the patch, i extracted the file "\usr\palm\frameworks\private\metascene.videos\submission\76\javascript\assistants\nowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$; $from$ $the$ $doctor$ $manually$ $and$ $then$ $sent$ $it$ $to$ $the$ $phone$
    using webos quick install......it worked.
    removing via qi messes up the phone but removing via preware doesnt, anyways i have problems running this patch... it slows the phone to a crawling halt... i decided to remove it instead
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast