Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    nice patch thanks fritos and shivaramv
    Can't wait for this to get into Preware!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Works great, thanks!!!
    Please help. I installed this patch. Worked as promised, but realized I did not want it. I did not like that video pause... decided to uninstall now and maybe re-install later after thinking more about it.

So I went into dev mode and opened WSQI, went to device management, chose the patch and clicked uninstall. It showed an error but it uninstalled it.

Then I went to You Tube and tried to launch a video. Nothing happens. Tried with other pps that use You Tube - like Break Video and Fail Video - nothing. Tried to open Video app itself. Stays with icon blinking an dnever finishes loading.

Please can someone help! I have lost all video function. How do I get it back??

BTW if t helps the one I downloaded was the patch posted by shivaramv in post #14 of this thread.

Thanks in advance to any that can help!
    Last edited by ravsteve; 05/04/2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Adding information
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    Please help. I installed this patch. Worked as promised, but realized I did not want it. I did not like that video pause... decided to uninstall now and maybe re-install later after thinking more about it.

So I went into dev mode and opened WSQI, went to device management, chose the patch and clicked uninstall. It showed an error but it uninstalled it.

Then I went to You Tube and tried to launch a video. Nothing happens. Tried with other pps that use You Tube - like Break Video and Fail Video - nothing. Tried to open Video app itself. Stays with icon blinking an dnever finishes loading.

BTW if t helps the one I downloaded was the patch posted by shivaramv in post #14 of this thread.

RUn WebOs Repair Utility.

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...y-v2-01-a.html
    I'm not familiar with how WSQI uninstall's patches.. It should be good enough for you to just restore the original copy of this specific file.

SAME HAPPENED to me. Utility does not work. You have to Doctor. i tried uninstalling thru preware and had the same issue. The patch is an awesome idea but needs work. Cant wait for the finished product!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    I meant WebOS Quick Install.

I tried to reinstall the patch using WeboS Quick Install to reinstall the patch and it would not reinstall. Got an error.

Please help. Did you know when you posted it that uninstalling it would break video? Why would that be? What is it about the patch that would cause that. I ask not to accuse - we all know the risks we take using patches and I am grateful you created it. But I ask because only you can help me fix this. Please. What should I do?
    Jason

If I use Web OS Repair utility is there a way to repair/replace the specific files affecting video without having to scan the whole device?

And if not, when i scan, will it erase all my patches and modifications? I have never used it before. What does it do and what might I lose in the process

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by shivaramv View Post
    I'm not familiar with how WSQI uninstall's patches.. It should be good enough for you to just restore the original copy of this specific file.
    Okay I can try to restore the specific files using Web OS Repair Utility but can you please tell me what files to restore and how to enter them in the input window in Web OS Repair Utility?

Thanks!

(again, not upset at all, just looking for guidance! Thanks)
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    SAME HAPPENED to me. Utility does not work. You have to Doctor. i tried uninstalling thru preware and had the same issue. The patch is an awesome idea but needs work. Cant wait for the finished product!
    Utility works if you enable the Override Function.
    You'll need to restore
    /usr/palm/frameworks/private/metascene.videos/version/1.0/javascript/assistants/nowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs

I'm sorry about the fact that this won't play well with WebOSQuickInstall. I don't have a lot of experience writing patches but I don't see any reason why this patch should be different from others.
    I had not tried to install or uninstall the patch using WebOSQuickInstall. I edited the source code directly on the phone when testing the patch.
    I shall try WebOSQuickInstall tonight and try to figure out what the problem is.

Okay I can try to restore the specific files using Web OS Repair Utility but can you please tell me what files to restore and how to enter them in the input window in Web OS Repair Utility?

Thanks!

Jason, I don't understand. Can't I at least try to replace the affected files first before resorting to override?

Thanks!

In Repair Utility, you can manually restore the files via Tools->Restore Specific File

For the record though, uninstalling the patch shouldn't have had the error. Not sure why it would.

What do you mean when you say you tried to "reinstall" the patch. Do you mean you uninstalled the reinstalled, or do you mean you tried to install the .patch over top of existing? Cause installing the same patch over top of existing might have been the cause of issues.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Do you happen to remember the error? That could be very very useful.

Also, please tell me what version of WOSQI the About screen displays. v3.12 is the current.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Jason R, thanks for stepping in to help. I am using WebOS Quick Install 3.12
    When I uninstalled the patch, I got an error but after i clicked out of the error window the patch disappeared from the list of patches in WebOS QI, my Luna restarted and I assumed that meant it was uninstalled. I have had that before where sometimes I get an error but the patch uninstalls so I assumed that was the same.

Then all my video was broken. I thought I would reinstall the patch and live with the patch even though I didn't want it and then remove it when someone could tell me how to do it without losing video function.

So I opened WebOS Quick Install, clicked the plus and added that same patch file. Hit Install. I got a big error window, I di dnot write it down then but I just tried to reproduce it now and here is what I got:

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/scriptFile.sh

The text leading up to this was
    --------------------------------------

|Name: No Pause Video

|Version 1.4.1-1

|Description Don't pause video on screen off / blur

|Index /usr/palm/frameworks/private/metascene.videos/version/1.0/javascript/assistants/nowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs

|===================================================================================

|--- .orig/usr/palm/frameworks/private/metascene.videos/version/1.0/javascript/assistants/nowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs

|+++ /usr/palm/frameworks/private/metascene.videos/version/1.0/javascript/assistants/nowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs

---------------

File to patch:

Skip this patch? [y]

2 out of 2 hunks ignored

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thats it. Then I click OK (my only choice available and get this:

mount: mounting/dev/mapper/store-root on / failed: Device or resource busy
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Then I click ok again and am back to the main window of WebOS QI showing the patch still listed in the iwndow like it is waiting to be installed.

Does this all help???

Shivaramv suggested to me in a message that I might solve the problem by using Web OS Repair Utility to specifically replace /usr/palm/frameworks/private/metascene.videos/version/1.0/javascript/assistants/nowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs
    which I believe is the same file coming up in the error. Might that then be a solution?

As always thank in advance for your help. Don't know what I would do without you guys being there. Especially Jason R.

Thanks.

Steve
    I tried uninstalling the patch using web os quick install and for some reason the nowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $was$ $deleted$ $when$ $the$ $patch$ $was$ $uninstalled$.

I managed to restore the file as I had another copy... I'm digging deeper into why the file was deleted during unpatching..
    Okay... so how do I restore the file? Using the Utility?
    I generated the patch using quilt and because of that I think it has a couple of extra lines (pasted at the end of the message). Could that be the reason why the uninstall fails ?

Steve, I can confirm that if you restore the file, things should be fine. I think the override option is required as the file is missing from the device as I mentioned earlier.
    ----------------

Index: /usr/palm/frameworks/private/metascene.videos/version/1.0/javascript/assistants/nowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs
    ===================================================================
    Okay using Web OS Repair Utility to replace that file, I got this:

WebOSDoctor found at C:\Users\Owner\Pre\webOSDoctor.jar
    Loading connected device's build info:
    Device: Sprint Palm Pre
    Version: 1.4.1.1
    Loading webOSDoctor to check ROM build info
    ...loaded!
    webOSDoctor for: Sprint Palm Pre
    webOSDoctor of: 1.4.1.1
    webOSDoctor is compatible!
    WebOS ROM extracted to C:\Users\Owner\Pre\WebOS.tar.gz
    Extracting file from ROM: /usr/palm/frameworks/private/metascene.videos/version/1.0/javascript/assistants/nowplaying-assistant.jsjsjs
    --file not found in WebOSDoctor
    ==============================

Now what? Why is it not in Web Doctor?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast