Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Basically allows you to edit (trim) any and share videos Besides those that have been captured by the pre. such as downloaded/uploaded.

in the picture below notice the icons are enabled

also to those people who have my patch installed please install jasons patch found here
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...any-video.html

*it needs that patch installed so that the the videos are correctly put
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by fritos1406; 04/21/2010 at 01:23 AM.

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Thank you sir!
    I appreciate this. I always wanted to be able to download videos off youtube and post them on facebook, now i can do that!
    So awesome. Thanks for your hard work fritos.
  4.    #4  
    Glad to hear

great, thanks man!
    This looks great - will it be available in Preware?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by icklepriest View Post
    This looks great - will it be available in Preware?
    yeahh im about to upload on dbsooners right now

most excellent and thank you!
    Does this work with 1.4.0?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Does this work with 1.4.0?
    i used 1.4.1 but shouldnt be much of diffrence so it should work. do u get an error?

I haven't tried installing it yet. I wanted to check with you first. I've been bitten lately by patches and upgrades that don't work on 1.4.0. I'll give it a try and post back with the results.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Help! I'm getting an error when installing via Preware. Thanks!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by discdoc View Post
    Help! I'm getting an error when installing via Preware. Thanks!
    might be because of the "add delete buttons" patch for the video player. try uninstalling that patch 1st. they dont install fine with each other

Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    might be because of the "add delete buttons" patch for the video player. try uninstalling that patch 1st. they dont install fine with each other
    Yes...Unfortunately, I noticed that when I was trying this one out earlier...This is a great patch idea, and it would be cool to have both work together.

I also observed a couple of other issues...

1. Initially, the share button doesn't do anything for a loaded video until it's been sent to the editor which is different from how a captured video is handled.

2. When trying to share via MMS, I get an error about the file being too large...I actually was getting the same result when I was trying set up the file picker accessed through the Messaging app to access the loaded videos...I'm not 100% sure, but I'm think it has some to do with how the transcoding is set up in WebOS.

15.    #15  
    yeahh i got both patches on mine but i had to combine them into one.

also yeahh i noticed those issues.

i had to tap the share icon from a video on the video roll then come back to the downloaded one in order for the menu to come up.

Grats fritos1406.

I spent a very frustrating day trying to do this patch when 1.4.0 came out. Resulting in a patch that does essentially what yours does

Unfortunately, the video editing software palm had in place were only able to edit the camera's videos codec setting. The video would show in editor, but fail during saving the edited file (when the transcoding goes on)

So I left the patch as is and salvaged it into my Edit Any Video's Metadata and Improved Edited Video Filenames patches

I assume they fixed that with 1.4.1, as you're reporting success editing?

I do have to say, I like the share options being allowed on all videos. Should have been allowed since 1.4.0's release.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 04/21/2010 at 01:32 AM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  17.    #17  
    actually jason im guessing the only reason my patch worked fine on me was because i had your patch installed.

you might want to update it to 1.4.1 by changing the directory "75" into a "76"

also to those people who have my patch installed please install jasons patch found here

actually jason im guessing the only reason my patch worked fine on me was because i had your patch installed.

you might want to update it to 1.4.1 by changing the directory "75" into a "76"

I really with more codecs for transcoding were added with 1.4.1, would've been sweet editing non-camera video on-device

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

19.    #19  
    actually i have already edited 2 videos. i havent yet done a huge video.
    but try it yourself. download like a 30 sec clip. edit it. tap on icon to save the video and then use the back gesture and u will see that the video was edited

heres a screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

actually i have already edited 2 videos. i havent yet done a huge video.
    but try it yourself. download like a 30 sec clip. edit it. tap on icon to save the video and then use the back gesture and u will see that the video was edited

heres a screenshot.
    Interesting

I just tried with 2 videos, the built-in Palm Pre intro mp4 and an mp4 downloaded from youtube. The Palm Pre intro hung on the transcoding, though did appear in the video roll as edited. however attempts to play it had the audio play 2x fast, leaving half the video quiet, lol.

The downloaded youtube video simply froze on the transcoding, unfortunately.

Probably a luck-of-the-draw case, with ya getting videos with compatible codecs for the transcode.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast