Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Abyssul
  1.    #1  
    Can someone make or let me kno if there is a patch or a way to make the sms tone duration longer cuz i have the sms contact tone patch bt it only rings for a second nd my ringtone is longer then dat
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    MAKE a tone that is longer!! That's all you have to do. Use Audacity or some-such and simply copy/paste the tone 2x, 3x, 4x....whatever and save it...put it back on your phone & use it...

It's not a PATCH you need, it's just a LONGER TONE
    Quote Originally Posted by punkrockmano View Post
    Can someone make or let me kno if there is a patch or a way to make the sms tone duration longer cuz i have the sms contact tone patch bt it only rings for a second nd my ringtone is longer then dat
    there's a patch that extends the time 5 seconds. That's the longest one I seen
  4.    #4  
    i have dat patch bt it does nothin my sms tone only goes off for a second or 2 seconds when i have a song as my sms tone
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Im actually interested in this too. The longer tone does nothing to help the fact that it only plays for 3 seconds and cuts out.
    Yea that patch is for a longer vibration.. all pres come with only the ability to play a message tone for 2-3 seconds. It sucks. I want to be able to hear my cuts for at least 10-15 secs on a message alert. I was gonna post a request for this but you beat me to it. Good looks
    The notification tone limit is 5 seconds. The reason why is because there isn't a way to stop the notification sounds once it starts playing. I just extended it to 5 minutes and it would play that ENTIRE sound clip no matter what I did. It only got worse whenever I got two notifications because it played that clip over itself so I had two songs going at once.

Now.... if there was a way to terminate the notification sound once the notification is swiped away or dealt with, then that would work but I don't know how to implement that.

Maybe Jason could chime in?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    How did u extend it? and can u extend it to say 20 secs or so?
    Last edited by raw102; 06/07/2010 at 03:45 AM.
    I could extend it to twenty seconds but the files will overlap if you get more than one message. I'll submit a patch to Preware soon.
    when is this patch going to be available on preware?? This is the only issue I have with my phone. Please help get this done!! I'll be forever grateful.
    Check Preware, there's a patch in there now.
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/03/2010 at 06:16 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    awesome.... Thanks alot!!
    what is the name of the patch to get ur message tones to ring longer?
    what is the name of the patch to get ur message tones to ring longer?
    Extend Notification Tone Time Limit
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    i think 5 seconds is a little too long.
    Any way this patch could be updated to run on 2.1.0? Preferably have the patch completely remove the limit, then the user can clip the sound to the desired length.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3066315

I made the limit 20 seconds. Any longer seems ridiculous to me, but I could make a custom patch if anyone asks. Just PM me.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.