Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Adds 5, 15, and 45 seconds; and 4, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 minutes times to the screen turn off after setting in screen and lock. I don't recommend the really long times unless you are eBook reading or something like that and wish the screen to stay on much longer but want the fall back of it turning off rather than using a keep the screen on solution, in the event you fall asleep or something like that. I personally like the really short options for maximizing battery life. But I figure why not include all sorts of durations for those who may want them. I have submitted it to the patches feed so it should be available soon from preware, webos quick install, and any other sources that use the patches feed to apply patches.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    wow. this will really help my battery life even though I am using 2600 seidio and getting a good 20 hours medium use out of it before recharge. I have mine set at 30 right now and I find myself constantly pressing the power button to turn off the display. Especially when i just want to check the time. If i have it @ 5sec than I can just check the time and not have to push the power button again, extending the life of the start button. Can't wait to see the link.
    30 minutes?..HECK YEA!...Where's the link?
    Anyway to add 1 minute and 15 seconds? Thats my ideal time!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  5.    #5  
    Stock settings options are 30 seconds, 1, 2, and 3 minutes. I'll attach a zip with the patch for those who wish to go old school. But it should show up in the patches feed soon for installing via preware, webos quick install, and any others using the feed.

stu5797

15 seconds is one of the options in the patch. It is a good alternative if 30 seconds is too long and if 5 seconds is too short.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I'm using the patch & love it. Is it possible to add 10 sec to it? 15 is too long most of the time but I find apps start to load & the screen turns off when using the 5 seconds. 10 would be my ideal time frame. Thanks for making this.
  7.    #7  
    10 second option is added and the update submitted for the feed.
    I like to use the 45 seconds but I hate that the screen starts to dim at about 30. Any chance to get rid of the automatic dimming?
    thanks
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I like to use the 45 seconds but I hate that the screen starts to dim at about 30. Any chance to get rid of the automatic dimming?
    thanks
    I'm not sure if it is possible to alter the auto dim. If it is it isn't code within the screen and lock app. However in the event the auto dim can be altered it would be best as a separate patch. I can add checking around and see what I can find out about auto dim to my to do after final exams list.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    thanks
    You can use Brightness Unlinked to lower the dim & turn the keyboard on & off. I use it & love it. It's in Preware too.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I'm not sure if it is possible to alter the auto dim. If it is it isn't code within the screen and lock app. However in the event the auto dim can be altered it would be best as a separate patch. I can add checking around and see what I can find out about auto dim to my to do after final exams list.
    You could try /etc/palm/luna.conf around the Display stuff, but I haven't tried it.

wish I could do that and knew what it meant! You are too smart!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    You could try /etc/palm/luna.conf around the Display stuff, but I haven't tried it.

I checked out that file but it looks like it only controls how much the screen brightens or dims. Which I'm guessing based on becrazy2 post that Brightness Unlinked has the ability to alter the dimming.
    Not sure where to post this, but after 8 hours of dealing with trying to "fix" my phone- I realize that the patch "Standby Times Deluxe" is what was causing my issue. My calendar was no longer working.... anyone else experience this issue? Once I unistalled, everything worked great.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by SabrinaD View Post
    Not sure where to post this, but after 8 hours of dealing with trying to "fix" my phone- I realize that the patch "Standby Times Deluxe" is what was causing my issue. My calendar was no longer working.... anyone else experience this issue? Once I unistalled, everything worked great.
    I'm inclined to say this is impossible since this patch doesn't touch the calendar app. If you could please install the patch again and restart your device and then check the calendar and see if the same problem you were having shows up again. My guess it won't and that it is something else that was the cause and just coincided with adding the patch. Also for future reference more detailed report than no longer working helps tremendously when looking into problems.
    I installed the patch again- and restarted my phone- and my calendar was gone again. So- it must work together- When your calendar shows an appointment- this app would tell it to snooze fr various periods of time. Wouldn't they have to work together in some capacity? (Of course I am no programmer, so apologies for my ignorance)

The issue I was having is that he calendar app literally stopped working. No date would show on it, when I touched it- nothing happened, it wouldn't open. When I delete the patch, the date once again shows up and my calendar opens perfectly. I suppose it could be a coinidence- but out of all the many patches I have- this is the one that once deleted, my calendar worked again.

Hope that is of some help- Not sure what additional details I could provide, but happy to do so. Thanks!
  17.    #17  
    I installed the patch again- and restarted my phone- and my calendar was gone again. So- it must work together- When your calendar shows an appointment- this app would tell it to snooze fr various periods of time. Wouldn't they have to work together in some capacity? (Of course I am no programmer, so apologies for my ignorance)

The issue I was having is that he calendar app literally stopped working. No date would show on it, when I touched it- nothing happened, it wouldn't open. When I delete the patch, the date once again shows up and my calendar opens perfectly. I suppose it could be a coinidence- but out of all the many patches I have- this is the one that once deleted, my calendar worked again.

Hope that is of some help- Not sure what additional details I could provide, but happy to do so. Thanks!
    This patch provides additional standby times which have no connection to calendar event snooze duration or anything really in the calendar. What other patches do you have installed? Are you installing any other patches along with Standby Times Deluxe? If it is a conflict of some sort this info may help to reproduce on other devices.
    Hmmm- sorry- don't know what to tell you. This is the only one I installed, uninstalled- and then installed again. I do have other patches, but since it (The calendar app not opening/working) was fixed when I deleted this one- I haven't played around with the others. Glad to hear that it seems to be an isolated issue for me and not others though.
  19.    #19  
    Hmmm- sorry- don't know what to tell you. This is the only one I installed, uninstalled- and then installed again. I do have other patches, but since it (The calendar app not opening/working) was fixed when I deleted this one- I haven't played around with the others. Glad to hear that it seems to be an isolated issue for me and not others though.
    The reason I asked the previous questions is to try and find the root cause. I do understand that it happens when my patch is present and when it is removed the problem goes away. However even if you are the only reported case of it I do need to know the info requested to try and solve the problem if possible so others who now or in the future may experience the same thing. It could very well end up that whatever is in conflict and causes the issue it could crop up again from other stuff or even crop up again without other stuff. Who really knows for sure but I would hate to leave it as is and just hope it never happens again or to anyone else. I'd rather do all that I can to look into all the variables that can potentially contribute to or directly cause it. All I can do is judge my patch as a contributing factor that as far as I know is only effecting you so far. I hope you haven't got the wrong impression I wasn't trying to brush the issue under the rug so to speak but rather following troubleshooting protocol to eliminate factors. It is my hope that I can figure out what is causing it.
    Totally understand your point and wish I could be of more help! Just without taking out every single patch and re-installing, I am not sure how else to isolate it. The problem took almost 8 hours when all was said and done to fix, so apologies that I am not more eager to try and recreate it in another way- Hope you understand! Seeing as it was an isolated incident, and the patch had worked for me for a bit before my phone calendar app "crashed" I think I will consider it a fluke!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast