1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'd like to request a patch that enables the Volume Key (when pressed) to Snooze the alarm. Currently, it only "silences" the alarm, and does not snooze it. This keeps the alarm from ringing again (because it was never snoozed). In addition, it keeps other alarms from ringing. I have actually posted about this bug here as well as reported this to Palm:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...er-volume.html

Alarms not going off if silenced via Ringer Volume - Palm Support Community

I know a little HTML and have started taking tutorials on Javascript but I think it's going to be awhile before I'm at a level where I can create a patch myself. I would imagine for someone with the skill-set to do this that it would be fairly straightforward.

Ideally, I'd like the functionality to be such that it just snoozes the alarm under the default snooze settings so it can keep ringing when the snooze time elapses as well as allowing other alarms to go off.

This bug has already caused me to be late to work a few times and I would be greatly appreciative to anyone who can create this patch.

Thank you,
    Mike
  2.    #2  
    No love for my patch request? I'm bumping this up as I was late to work again. I know I have bad sleeping habits but I'm hoping "there's a patch for that".
    Hi I posted something similar cause I didn't see this thread. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...to-snooze.html But I like your idea too. I will post a link back to this thread in mine so if anyone sees mine they will see yours as well.
    Awesome!
    Last edited by kristoffer10; 05/21/2010 at 01:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I can think of one patch that exists already...getting a real alarm clock

I use my Pre and an alarm clock on the other side of my room if I know it's going to be a tough morning!
    Anyone know if this has become a patch? I would love to have this.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    bump for snooze button via volume key or other - like the useless silver button
  8.    #8  
    bump. We need a dev to come to our rescue.....
    What's funny is the center button used to work for snoozing the alarm clock app but since 1.4.x, it now just silences the alarm and no longer snoozes. So it is possible to get the behavior back i suppose.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    What's funny is the center button used to work for snoozing the alarm clock app but since 1.4.x, it now just silences the alarm and no longer snoozes. So it is possible to get the behavior back i suppose.
    Yea but what about us Pre Plus users?
    Bump this one! I've already been late a couple of times too.

I know a little scripting, but I didnt know where to look for the notification mojo the alarm is using. If someone could point me in the right direction, I could do this myself probably.
    I stll can't believe palm didn't design it this way. I sure hope a patch like this is possible, even if we have to wait for 2.0
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Yea but what about us Pre Plus users?
    We Pre Plus users have a capacitive-touch button just above the LED light bar that does exactly the same thing as the physical button on the original Pre.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad