1.    #1  
    I've been going through all of the ways in my head to install attached forum patches in this subforum, and have come to a standstill with the following question.

Is there any way at all to download and install a forum patch without attaching it through usb and using wosqi?

I can use any tools including terminal and any codes involved, just wondering if it's possible at all to get a downloaded patch into preware that isn't up on the repository.

Thanks guys
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
  2.    #2  
    No it could include preware...im talking aout the patches that are uploaded only to the forum (or only on the forum for a certain length of time before it gets onto a preware feed).

Are there any ways to install those patches using only the phone?
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    No, the patches are set in either .ipk or zip format for installing in quicknstall
    i posed the same question in a thread, and got somewhat close. By downloading the file to internal directory, you can get to it with the program Internalz. But that program doesnt know how to run files that are .patch or .ipk.

I am sure there may be a way, but none of us have put it together 100% yet.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I asked this question too and got the answer that it is too complex to perform manually. I found how manually to install IPKG files, but the only thing I found about installing patches involves a program called Quilt and the web page says the process is deprecated. thorne
    Can you say "huge security risk"

There is a reason you can not just download and install files on the Pre using http
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Can you say "huge security risk"

There is a reason you can not just download and install files on the Pre using http
    Yeah, but it's very easy to mess up a Pre. I can easily gain write access to the OS. thorne
    This is somewhat a security risk, but it is possible if someone where to write an app which acts very similar to Preware, but pointed to a local folder. Though both Preware and QuickInstall work very well and solve the most common cases.

Being able to install ipks locally is like a segway, or an ipad, they could be used, but they solve problems which other devices or methods already provide more reliably, safer, and with additional features.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Though both Preware and QuickInstall work very well and solve the most common cases.
    WebOSQI doesn't work for me 99% of the time. It can't see my Pre. I've worked the problem for hours and hours, followed everyone's advice on multiple threads, asked Jason, everything except restoring my Pre to defaults. No progress. So for me an alternate option is worthwhile, and since I've been a software engineer for 30+ years, I'm willing to give it a go. thorne