Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is this possible to link up? Or possibly add to JRob's Device menu megamix? It would be convienient to be able to take a quick glance at it while you're using the scaling app (lite version, anyhow).
  2.    #2  
    Bump, come on dammit, this is a great idea.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I wish......
    Nokia 5100 - At&t - Nokia 6310i - At&t - LG Vx3200 - Verizon - Motorola E815 - Verizon - Motorola Razor - Verizon - iPhone-At&t - Pre - Sprint - HTC Evo - Sprint - Samsung Epic - Sprint - Blackberry Curve - Sprint - Evo3D - Sprint - Touchpad - HP
    How I roll since 1999!
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Great idea. One day. Right now we don't know if Palm is going up or down so we'll have to wait and see what the company's future is . I imagine a complete os with start button and file folder with webos.
    For me, I don't really want to go to an EV4 but if Sprint doesn't bring out a new Pre in June/July I might be forced to go there. Don't make me go there Sprint.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    Great idea. One day. Right now we don't know if Palm is going up or down so we'll have to wait and see what the company's future is . I imagine a complete os with start button and file folder with webos.
    For me, I don't really want to go to an EV4 but if Sprint doesn't bring out a new Pre in June/July I might be forced to go there. Don't make me go there Sprint.
    Thanks for thread-jackin'
    I'd want this
    I would also like this Patch; if it were possible.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

This would be a pretty cool idea. I'm surprised nobody else has done it either. I can't imagine it'd be very hard to do. If nobody else does it, I'll look in to it later tonight when I get home.
  9.    #9  
    Bump for some Dev's to see this, good luck johntash.
  10.    #10  
    Bumpity bump bump.
    While I think this idea has good intentions I doubt it's usefulness. If you're using scaling the current CPU speed will change so fast that it'll never be accurate when you open your device menu.

The act of opening the menu might always kick the CPU up to 800Mhz, etc.
    maybe a deamon app that would give you an average cpu speed/highest and lowest and it would say when you hit those or something.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    While I think this idea has good intentions I doubt it's usefulness. If you're using scaling the current CPU speed will change so fast that it'll never be accurate when you open your device menu.

The act of opening the menu might always kick the CPU up to 800Mhz, etc.
    But upon, "sticking" your cpu you settings, you would be able to verify the speed without WOSQUI or Terminus.
  14.    #14  
    Wednesday bump...
    next SysToolsMgr update, I'll include the ability to get CPU speed so a patch like that could be possible
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    next SysToolsMgr update, I'll include the ability to get CPU speed so a patch like that could be possible
    looks like the "Govnah" service already has this capability (method called get cpu speed or something).

but agreed it would be faster and easier just to throw it into your java service sysmngrservice.

thanks,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    looks like the "Govnah" service already has this capability (method called get cpu speed or something).

but agreed it would be faster and easier just to throw it into your java service sysmngrservice.

thanks,

number1pete
    yea, govnah does, but no harm in adding it to SysToolsMgr. I added convenient ShellScript and CommandLine classes for this very reason.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  18.    #18  
    oh man, Jason you are the freaking best. I appreciate it so much!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    i also would find this very nice. Just to be able to take a quick glance at your current mhz without having to plug in your usb
    Still a little leery of overclocking. I would like to see a patch that just lets you select you speed and run at that speed until restart (in case something goes wrong) something that can be done from a menu.

Dr.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast