1.    #1  
    Wouldn't it be great if we could associate one person's contact record to one or more other people's contact records?

For instance:

- MyDad's contact record would have a link to MyMom, MyBrother, and MySister. MyBrother's contact would have a link to WifeOfMyBrother.

- MyBoss's contact record would have a link to BossOfMyBoss, and both of those bosses would have a link to a (nonpersonal) MyCompany.

There was a suite of apps called LinkPak in the Palm OS ecology that could do this. I find myself unsatisfied with the Super Contacts Plus solution because it requires "importing" contacts rather than providing a way to create linkages within the Contacts app itself.
    -- Kevin Andrew Lipscomb
    -- http://kal.webhop.net
    Uh, this is built into WebOS. Open the contacts app, tap a contact, then tap the header where there name is. A dropdown will open with a button to "Link more".

I use this constantly.

Someone also suggested creating a Facebook contact and then linking all the people imported from facebook who you don't want cluttering up your contact list. I've done this and it works pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Uh, this is built into WebOS. Open the contacts app, tap a contact, then tap the header where there name is. A dropdown will open with a button to "Link more".

I use this constantly.

Someone also suggested creating a Facebook contact and then linking all the people imported from facebook who you don't want cluttering up your contact list. I've done this and it works pretty well.
    That's great for linking together accounts for the same person, or a bunch of contacts you want to hide, but not for what he's asking, which is essentially a group of contacts.
    Hierarchical would probably be a good word to describe what the OP wants.

You should try out the app "Super Contacts" it allows you to do what you want to do and it's free.
  6.    #6  
    Actually, the Help docs specifically warn against doing what tobias funke suggests. "Profile linking" is only intended to link together multiple profiles that belong to the same person.

Outlook supports what I want (although that's not the reason I want it, and I hate Outlook).

The reviews for Super Contacts describe several serious disadvantages. I'm looking for the native Contacts app to be extended to support people-linking. That would be much more powerful than only having the ability to link people together in an independent app.
    Last edited by KevinAndrewLips; 04/16/2010 at 12:47 PM.
    -- Kevin Andrew Lipscomb
    -- http://kal.webhop.net
    Crap I had better stop using it that way then. Wouldn't want to do anything the Help docs dont want me to do.

:-)