Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    WebOS Quick Install won't recognize my phone (I've tried everything and there are several people with the same problem). How can I get patch files residing on my computer to my phone so that they are installed the next time I restart Luna? I tried Novaterm which also can't find my phone, and I tried Putty (SSH) which also cannot connect to my phone. Thanks. thorne
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    WebOS Quick Install won't recognize my phone (I've tried everything and there are several people with the same problem). How can I get patch files residing on my computer to my phone so that they are installed the next time I restart Luna? I tried Novaterm which also can't find my phone, and I tried Putty (SSH) which also cannot connect to my phone. Thanks. thorne
    Ok these may sound dumb

You installed Novacom?

You have it in just charge?

Have you tried from another computer?
    To manually install a .patch would involve creating several new files, appending some, applying the patch and downloading and running a postinst script. Suffice to say, long and complicated.

The key issue, however is if you can't get WOSQI to connect to your device, no other device should be able to via novacom.

You contacted me about your issue via email, and strangely the computer side of the matter sounds fine. You mentioned restarting "luna services" made it work, which confuses me even more.

Feel free to IM me (I emailed you my IM address) to try and figure out what might be wrong.

Worst case scenario, webOSDoctoring back to factory stock device then starting from step 1 again should work fine.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Also if you have a 64bit OS you need a 64bit of Java installed too.

Just having the 32bit version of Java will not help.

If all still doesn't work try opening a command line and running
    java -jar webosquickinstall.jar

Also make sure in options you have phone selected and when you plug it in you select "Just Charge"

If all else fails disconnect your Pre and restart your computer then try again.

Hope some of this helps,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by usnis0922 View Post
    Ok these may sound dumb

You installed Novacom?

You have it in just charge?

Have you tried from another computer?
    how does that sound dumb? Some people just start threads with out searching other threads that have answers. Some avious like the ones you listed.
  6. jmf
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    The Doctor requires an Intel Mac with Snow Leopard or updated Windows box.

jmf
    make sure you try another port on your computer.(only the ports on the back of my cp work.

also go to installed devices on your computer, and un-install novacom.the go to the options in webosqi to reinstall it.
    i have this same problem on a mac with ubuntu installed. while on another pc also with ubuntu, same release, all works smooth. can i have smth to do with mac (hardware, now only sw)?