1.    #1  
    Hi, is there possible some good soul help release a patch to permanently change the qwertz keyboard to qwerty layout?
    Thank you very much.
    either:

a) use meta doctor Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

or

b) through webosqi linux command use the following commands

setkeycodes 07 44
    setkeycodes 14 21

The latter will not change the ( and * the other way round though. Personally I prefer the meta doctor, because once done it won't get changed back unless you chose to. So any future rebooting, doctoring won't change it back to qwertz.

In future please use the search.
    Last edited by novakry; 04/16/2010 at 02:01 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by novakry View Post
    either:

a) use meta doctor Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

or

b) through webosqi use the follow commands

setkeycodes 07 44
    setkeycodes 14 21

The latter will not change the ( and * the other way round though. Personally I prefer the meta doctor, because once done it won't get changed back unless you chose to. So any future rebooting, doctoring won't change it back to qwertz.

In future please use the search.
    Thank you. I've read these 2 methods. I'm just wondering would there b a patch like that for those who dun want to doctor their pre. I'm in the process to get more German Pre.

Thanks again.
    Method A would not be possible with a patch as it edits the webos doctor file before you flash your phone. If you use virtual box, install ubuntu and follow the steps in the guide its suprisingly not that hard to do. If you get stuck I'd be more than happy to help out.

Method B can be done at any point but will not hold after reboot.
  5.    #5  
    ok, many thanks again.
    has anyone figured out anything for this for a German Veer?