1.    #1  
    I really like the way the "4x4 icons without fade or arrows" patch looks, but it won't install for anyone with certain other app launcher patches installed, because it touches so many parts of the launcher files.

This is a version of that patch with just the icon size/spacing intact, to get the look of the patch icons without the conflicts.

Keep in mind this will not eliminate the arrows or fade, or enable add/delete pages, like the other patch.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I have the "Add/Delete Pages" patch installed (it's a separate patch, not part of the 4x4 patch). Are you saying that if I install your patch that I will lose the Add/Delete Pages functionality? thorne
  3.    #3  
    No, that's the point. This patch ONLY affects the icon/text size and spacing. It does not touch any other part of the file, so it works more like the original 4x4 patches.

This means it will work in conjunction with every other launcher page patch you have installed (except for an icon patch of course).
  4. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Cool - i like the icon size & spacing of this version, but I also like the fade & arrows too. I'l try this out! Will you be submitting to Preware?
  5.    #5  
    I just started messing around with patches so I haven't figured out how to do that yet. I'll probably get into it sometime today. I also want to make sure to thank the original patch maker properly so people don't think I created this.
  6.    #6  
    OK, I submitted it to the patches feed.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Hmmm... I get the following error:
    Code:
    mount: mounting /dev/mapper/store-root on / failed: Device or resource busy
  8.    #8  
    I would try restarting your Pre and trying again. Let me know if it keeps happening.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Without re-starting (though it re-started after the patch), it looks like the patch is there and I have the 4x icons. I assume the error occurred after the patch was installed.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I really like the way the "4x4 icons without fade or arrows" patch looks, but it won't install for anyone with certain other app launcher patches installed, because it touches so many parts of the launcher files.

This is a version of that patch with just the icon size/spacing intact, to get the look of the patch icons without the conflicts.

Keep in mind this will not eliminate the arrows or fade, or enable add/delete pages, like the other patch.
    I am the developer for 4x4 v4 plus more. Do you know if removing the "more" features improve compatibility with the "named pages" patch? If that is what is causing the problem I can remove the "more" features on the original patch. I have been contemplating this for a while, due to compatibility errors.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    I am the developer for 4x4 v4 plus more. Do you know if removing the "more" features improve compatibility with the "named pages" patch? If that is what is causing the problem I can remove the "more" features on the original patch. I have been contemplating this for a while, due to compatibility errors.
    I am not sure which of my launcher patches were conflicting, but I do not use "named pages". I do however use a Hide Quick Launch in Launcher Only patch from the creator of Mode Switcher that also includes functionality for add/remove pages and a menu function to pop up the quick launch bar for editing purposes.

In reality I did not so much as remove your features from the patch. I just found the numbers you used for the text/icons and plugged it into the basic 4x4v1 patch.

The reason I did this in the first place is because the recent speed patches have made it worth using jason's Launcher Auto Popup, and in conjunction with the quick launch hider essentially gives me 4x5 icons on each page. Your patch was the only one that looked right. :-)
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Your patch was the only one that looked right. :-)
    Well thanks, I spent a good deal of time tweaking it to satisfy my OCD . I probably will take the more features off the original patch, since they seem to be the compatibility culprit.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    The reason I did this in the first place is because the recent speed patches have made it worth using jason's Launcher Auto Popup, and in conjunction with the quick launch hider essentially gives me 4x5 icons on each page. Your patch was the only one that looked right. :-)
    I think I am looking for the same thing as you are. I want to have 4x5 icons on my launch screen and eliminate the quick launch bar. But the only icon patches that work this way are the 4x4 v.1 and v.2 that don't have the correct spacing. So how did you solve this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by jlupfer View Post
    I think I am looking for the same thing as you are. I want to have 4x5 icons on my launch screen and eliminate the quick launch bar. But the only icon patches that work this way are the 4x4 v.1 and v.2 that don't have the correct spacing. So how did you solve this problem?
    I believe you want the 4x4 icons v5 patch from Preware. Note that "x4" only applies if you still have the quick launch bar active on the bottom row, the vertical size isn't actually restricted.

There's also a 5x5 icons patch if you don't mind the icons being graphically compressed a bit.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Note that "x4" only applies if you still have the quick launch bar active on the bottom row, the vertical size isn't actually restricted.
    Ah, I see that now. I got rid of one of my launcher pages and put 20 icons on each page instead of 16. I just wish spacing was a little tighter so that the bottom row could fit without the little scroll down arrow appearing (or the tick marks in the corners indicating the number of pages in each direction).

Some of these tweaks are looking great with the Black-Grunge theme I just applied.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quick update: It was the 4x4 v4 patch that worked perfectly for what I wanted (which you linked to, although you wrote v5). I had to remove the enable add/delete pages patch to get it to work.
    I think it was renamed in Preware. The v5 patch is like v4 but without the extras that may conflict with other patches. I use it alongside the Advanced Configuration for Launcher patch to great effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    I have the "Add/Delete Pages" patch installed (it's a separate patch, not part of the 4x4 patch). Are you saying that if I install your patch that I will lose the Add/Delete Pages functionality? thorne
    not to bother or anything but how do you add more launcher pages