Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    This patch adds in a 2 pixel wide scrollbar in the browser. It appears when you start scrolling or moving the page and disappears after 2 seconds of idle time.

As far as I can tell this should be compatible with other patches. xanthinealkaloid is reporting that this patch should work with the browser multimod patch.

This works in portrait and landscape mode.

Like any other patch, use this at your own risk.

You can see the scrollbar in the screenshot on the right side of the web page. The white box is the scrolling "indicator". The black line is the whole scrollbar.

This works by flicking to scroll or by scrolling using the gesture area in landscape mode.

NOTE: THIS VERSION IS OLD. GET THE NEW ONE WITH THE HORIZONTAL SCROLLBAR HERE:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2384804
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TIWizard; 04/15/2010 at 07:32 PM.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    will this work with the gesture area scroll in landscape ? (not near a pc to install it)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    will this work with the gesture area scroll in landscape ? (not near a pc to install it)
    Do you mean when you flick the gesture area to scroll? Yes, the bar appears when you scroll using the gesture area.
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Do you mean when you flick the gesture area to scroll? Yes, the bar appears when you scroll using the gesture area.
    Yes that was what I meant wasn't exactly sure how to explain it but great work
    Great work dude, I still can't believe we're the same age and you're doing all this cool stuff.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    cool. can't wait to put this on. much needed to gauge whether to continue scrolling down or what. Does it work to show a horizontal bar also say if your zoomed in?
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    As far as I can tell this should be compatible with other patches however I have not tested it with the multimod patch.
    I'll confirm...It's compatible with the Browser Multi Mod patch.

It's definitely a keeper...perfect implementation.

I noticed the indicator doesn't go all the way to the bottom in portrait...It not a huge problem...I'm just curious, if this is only me.

thanks, been wanting this feature for a while
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    I'll confirm...It's compatible with the Browser Multi Mod patch.

It's definitely a keeper...perfect implementation.

I noticed the indicator doesn't go all the way to the bottom in portrait...It not a huge problem...I'm just curious, if this is only me.

No, not just you. It is because you can actually scroll all the way to the bottom of the browser (there has to be something on the screen). I can definitely compensate for this tomorrow, but I need to go to bed

Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    cool. can't wait to put this on. much needed to gauge whether to continue scrolling down or what. Does it work to show a horizontal bar also say if your zoomed in?
    No horizontal scroll bar at all, but when you zoom in it correctly moves on the scroll bar vertically.

Glad everyone likes it I will definitely work on improving this tomorrow (horizontal scrollbar, etc)
    No big deal at all...As most people probably do, I browse mostly in landscape anyway.

The cool thing is how it looks like it belongs, i.e. it feels like a native part of the browser.

This is awesome!! I can't wait to install it!!
    Looks Great, But seemed a little small so I edited it a little for my liking!

What do you think?

Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

this is great now all we need is a quick way to get back to the top (similar to the iphone's double tap on top of screen if I recall) unless one has been made already?
    Cool, I'll try it. Yeah, I'd love a quick scroll to the top patch too.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Looks Great, But seemed a little small so I edited it a little for my liking!

What do you think?
    Yes, prefer bigger scroolbar also. you plan on posting the download file for this version?
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Yes, prefer bigger scroolbar also. you plan on posting the download file for this version?
    Sure ill post it but im sure TIWizard will be posting an updated version soon but here it is
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

not near a computer is it a way I can get this from my pre besides preware ?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    awsome. I've been wantinf thus patch.
    This is an awesome patch!...I love it!
    I've been waiting for this....great patch
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast