Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    a draggle bar wouldn't be redudant. When dragging the screen your location on the webpage changes at a predetermined rate. On longer pages it takes forever to navigate. With a draggable bar, your location in the page is directly proportional to the location of the bar. You can navigate more quickly using the bar.
    A reasonable (IMHO) solution for your use case, is the Multi Mod Patch ; its available in preware. It has keyboard shortcuts:

* Backspace=top of page
    * Enter=bottom of page
    * Shift = page up
    * Space = page down
    * Period = scroll down a line (50 pixels technically).

I find these very convenient when browsing very long web pages.
    HTH.
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    A reasonable (IMHO) solution for your use case, is the Multi Mod Patch ; its available in preware. It has keyboard shortcuts:

* Backspace=top of page
    * Enter=bottom of page
    * Shift = page up
    * Space = page down
    * Period = scroll down a line (50 pixels technically).

I find these very convenient when browsing very long web pages.
    HTH.
    i actually have this patch installed, but always forget the keys lol. i appreciate this work and i wasn't suggesting that drag support should be added to the scroll bar, i was just highlighting the difference between dragging a bar and dragging the screen.
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 10/16/2010 at 08:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    OK, Patch as been approved & is available in Preware as "Browser Scrollbar".
    Hope people like it.

Thanks to TIWizard !
    Just curious: What finger do you guys use to scroll web pages on the Pre? I scroll on the right side, thus blocking this awesome patch. Just curious to see if there could also be a left version.

Saw it in Preware, think its a great patch!
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Just curious: What finger do you guys use to scroll web pages on the Pre? I scroll on the right side, thus blocking this awesome patch. Just curious to see if there could also be a left version.

Saw it in Preware, think its a great patch!
    Yes there is. It's higher in the thread. Maybe page 3 or so
  6. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Great patch work! Is something like this possible for emails?
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    I can't seem to find the patch in Preware. I searched for "Browser Scrollbar" as well as "Scrollbar" and nothing. I even looked for it under Patches / Browser and still nothing. How do I exactly look for it?

Ps.: A scrollbar for emails would be awesome
    I try to uninstall it, but it seems that somthing wrong and I can't uninstall it now.. I don't know why.
    I want to uninstall it because that the browser can not work after installed...
    FATDOG from CANTON(P.R.China)
    Nokia 6150->Nokia 7110(MY LOVE!)->Sony P900->Treo600->Treo680->Treo750->Palm Pre
    awesome, I am loving this, thanks
    I have a slight problem... Preware showed this patch, which I really liked on 1.4.5

however, when installed it gives me this:

any ideas, where is the right patch?
    7 fissurez, the patch you downloaded is my version of the original. I posted so that it could be shared. However, if you want the same exact scroll bar as before, the original developer will have to update the patch.. see here for more info: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...o-patches.html
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I submitted the 1.4.5 patch to preware . I dont have a webos2.0 device. So sorry

CraiaSoftware or 7fissurez : it will be great if you can update the preware patch & submit it.

Thanks,
    veerar.
    what i was actually commenting about was the fact that preware showed a different patch to the one i was downloading.

unfortunately i have no idea on how to make or edit a patch :/

and veerar - why don't you use the 2.1 update using the meta doctor / the german official update for eu pre+ if you have one
    Quote Originally Posted by CraiaSoftware View Post
    7 fissurez, the patch you downloaded is my version of the original. I posted so that it could be shared. However, if you want the same exact scroll bar as before, the original developer will have to update the patch.. see here for more info: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...o-patches.html
    CRaiaSoftware, I believe what 7fissurez is commenting about is that the patch you have submitted to Preware includes a screenshot and a description like the original patch submitted by veerar a long time ago. That patch had fade, no horizontal scrollbar and inverse scrubber length. This is indicated by the first image 7fissurez included.

The problem is that your patch looks like the second image 7fissurez included. It doesn't have fade, it still has a horizontal scrollbar, and it does not have an inverse scrubber length.

I think what you should do is either:

1. revise your patch to agree with your screenshot and description, or
    2. revise your screenshot and description to match your patch.

If you decide to do number 2, then it would be great if you, veerar or someone else could give us veerar's original, great patch for 2.1.

(7fissurez, I apologize for speaking for you, but I think I got it right.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    CRaiaSoftware, I believe what 7fissurez is commenting about is that the patch you have submitted to Preware includes a screenshot and a description like the original patch submitted by veerar a long time ago. That patch had fade, no horizontal scrollbar and inverse scrubber length. This is indicated by the first image 7fissurez included.

The problem is that your patch looks like the second image 7fissurez included. It doesn't have fade, it still has a horizontal scrollbar, and it does not have an inverse scrubber length.

I think what you should do is either:

1. revise your patch to agree with your screenshot and description, or
    2. revise your screenshot and description to match your patch.

If you decide to do number 2, then it would be great if you, veerar or someone else could give us veerar's original, great patch for 2.1.

(7fissurez, I apologize for speaking for you, but I think I got it right.)
    apologize? what for? you got it spot on
    i guess i should have made it clearer in the first place :/
    O2 UK Pre Plus, Official (German) ROW webOS 2.1
    2.1 already includes this feature
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    2.1 already includes this feature
    no it doesn't.
    the horizontal scroll seems to only work on certain websites
    Last edited by kristoffer10; 04/10/2011 at 03:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoffer10 View Post
    the horizontal scroll seems to only work on certain websites
    ?? Did you mean scrollbar? And were you talking about the patch?
    veerar, are you still around?

Are you able to convert your last patch to be compatible with 2.x?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast