Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Does this only apply to the main "window" in the browser? I dont mind that there isnt a scroll bar in the main "window," but i would love to have one for embedded frames. For example, TVGuide.com has the current listings in a different frame, and I dont know of a way to scroll within that frame...
    you can also follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/coveredwagonkid
    [QUOTE=2sslow;2383086]Looks Great, But seemed a little small so I edited it a little for my liking!

What do you think?

[IMG]

[IMG]

I think the skinnier one is awesome
    Awesome job with this patch! A very useful patch indeed!
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    awsome jobs on these patches. Didn't know I needed these until I tried a few of them
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Will we have a draggable scroll bar soon?

The reason I ask, is I used a jailed broken iphone for a few days, and installed a patch called quick drag, simply a two fingered tap on the screen bought up a wide scroll bar at the side, and when applicable at the bottom of the page that could be used to scroll to anywhere in the page
    I don't think that's the idea for this patch. It seems like the idea was for a way for the user to know how far he was from the bottom of the page, which was impossible without this patch. A draggable scroll bar would be redunant because the entire screen is draggable. Plus, dragging a scrollbar down is opposite to what the on screen dragging result is.

However, tap to page position on the drag bar would be nice.
    the wider scrollbar is nicer
    love this patch !
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    Hello,

Here is the version of the patch I have now.

- Fading in 3 stages
    - Rounded edges (my previous post was before I found a bug I had)
    - Inverse length of the scrubber to the length of the page.

The two example images show a short scrubber and a long scrubber for different length webpages.

If there is interest in having this in Preware, please contact TIWizard. The original idea and implementation was his.

For those having problems installing the patch, it looks like this patch is clashing with an earlier patch that you already installed. Please try uninstalling that patch and try again; if that doesn't work, I have no idea what could be causing the problems.

I confess I have no idea how to implement the other ideas I listed in my earlier posts.

- trigger event to show the scrollbar includes a touch event in addition to the
    scrolling event
    - Scrollable scroll bars ie., ability to scroll by dragging the scrollbars
    (TIWizard has mentioned he might incorporate this in a future version). Then there will be no confusion about the name of the patch.
    - Will a bright yellow scrollbar work since Palm seems to use that color in its
    design (highlighted text is bright yellow)?
    - Include a scrollbar for email and some other apps also?

Thanks & have fun!
    veerar.

PS. Disclaimer: //THIS PATCH WAS DEVELOPED ENTIRELY BY TIWIZARD.
    //This is simply a modification of HIS CODE.
    I would love to have a 1.4.5 compatible version of your patch, veerar!
    Last edited by cgibin; 09/15/2010 at 02:38 AM. Reason: e-mail
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Please retry with the same patch.

My version of the patch that worked on my 1.4.1 Verizon Pre Plus works for 1.4.5 also.

Thanks,veerar.
    Quote Originally Posted by veerar View Post
    Please retry with the same patch.

My version of the patch that worked on my 1.4.1 Verizon Pre Plus works for 1.4.5 also.

Thanks,veerar.
    Just wanted to agree with veerar...in fact I downloaded it a few hours ago using the ipk installer on the Internalz App...no problems at all...although it was just out of curiosity and has since been removed as I found it unnecessary...it works and you may find it a must have patch...
    Hi,

i modified the patch, so the scrollbar size is now dynamic and more "Iphone" like.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by n1ce; 10/06/2010 at 10:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by n1ce View Post
    Hi,

i modified the patch, so the scrollbar size is now dynamic and more "Iphone" like.

Thanks seems very cool, and would you please redesign the position of the indicators when on the bottom? It seems a little higher. And somebody would submit this patch to preware?
    @cmlx

You can easily set the position of the indicators when on the bottom.
    1) Remove the patch
    2) Open patch file in Editor
    3) Change the value "height:70%" to something like 80% or 90%

+<div id='scrollbarbg' style='position: fixed; z-index: 999; width: 4px; height: 70%; top: 15%; right: 5px; opacity: 0.0'>

4) Save and apply the patch.

Tried 80% and 90%, but i'm not sure which setting is better.
    Thanks n1ce, I got it.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hi, I stole the transparent bg idea from n1ce and modified my patch. Here it is.

Removing patch since without the background, the scrubber goes extends below the screen . Looks very unprofessional.
    Last edited by veerar; 10/16/2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Removing patch since without the background, the scrubber goes extends below the screen . Looks very unprofessional.
  16. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I like the transparent bg look!

What's the main differences between the n1ce and veerar versions?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I know the cosmetic differences: veerar's has a thinner scrollbar, tends to be longer, etc. etc.

About the technical, veerar's uses more timers and thus may be more intensive without any extra benefits.

Use whatever you like.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    I love this patch. Veerar or n1ce, can one of you submit to preware so the rest of homebrew community can see how awesome this is? I install direct with Internalz, but others might prefer preware....
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Am submitting this version to Preware.

Not much changes except that there very few hard-coded parameters. Reverting to scrollbar with background (since I cannot control the bottom edge of the scrubber during pdgn) .

Hope it works.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by malber View Post
    I don't think that's the idea for this patch. It seems like the idea was for a way for the user to know how far he was from the bottom of the page, which was impossible without this patch. A draggable scroll bar would be redunant because the entire screen is draggable. Plus, dragging a scrollbar down is opposite to what the on screen dragging result is.

However, tap to page position on the drag bar would be nice.
    a draggle bar wouldn't be redudant. When dragging the screen your location on the webpage changes at a predetermined rate. On longer pages it takes forever to navigate. With a draggable bar, your location in the page is directly proportional to the location of the bar. You can navigate more quickly using the bar.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast